2014-2015 Official Psychology Ph.D./PsyD Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone claim Pittsburgh post on TGC? I didn't apply to clinical-developmental, but would like to know if all the invitations are extended for the clinical program. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from the University of Southern Mississippi? If so, did you receive an email from DCT or the POI. If POI, do you mind messaging me your POI? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard if Rhode Island or American have finished sending their interview invites?

AU's first interview date is next week, so I suspect they've made their decisions. Sorry :-( Good luck with Rhode Island, though!

I just called University of Vermont and the Graduate coordinator informed me that all interview invites have been sent out as of today for the Clinical Psych PHD program all tracks. Yet I havent seen anything on here or TGC. :(

School Name: Wayne State University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/23/15
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Track: Neuropsychology
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/27/15
Additional Info: Formal invite from Department coming next week

Reactions: 1 user
Just got off the phone with my POI!

School Name: Indiana State University
Degree: PsyD (funded)
Track: general
Notified via: Phone call
Interview Date: 2/13/15 or 2/20
Additional Info:

So far that makes 4 Counseling psych interviews, one PsyD, and one Clinical, and 8 total rejections. So glad I applied to so many schools!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard back from Harvard, SUNY Albany, UC Boulder or Louisville for Clinical PhD? If you have could you PM your POI? Thanks!

I just called University of Vermont and the Graduate coordinator informed me that all interview invites have been sent out as of today for the Clinical Psych PHD program all tracks. Yet I havent seen anything on here or TGC. :(

I feel your pain :/

There were three posts around the second week of January on TGC regarding Vermont, but I heard the same thing about today being the last day for an interview invite from the coordinator as well.

I'm probably not the first to report either of these, but oh well.

School Name: University of South Florida
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/13/15
Track: --
Interview Date: 1/30/15 or 2/6/15
Additional Info:

School Name: University of Colorado, Denver
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/22/15
Track: Health
Interview Date: 2/6/15 or 2/20/15
Additional Info:

Did anyone apply to University of Nevada Reno for the Clinical PhD?
I did. I very much doubt they've done much more than start glancing at applications, particularly given their later due date. Historically they've not sent out invites earlier than the end of the first week in February.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For those of you asking about University of Maryland-College Park, I contacted my POI today to find out if all interview invites have already been extended. My POI is no longer taking a student due to budget constraints. Not entirely sure if this applies to many of the faculty or just mine.

Has anyone heard from the University of Southern Mississippi? If so, did you receive an email from DCT or the POI. If POI, do you mind messaging me your POI? Thanks!

I received an invite for the Counseling Psych program about a month ago. It was from the DCT.

Members don't see this ad :)
More good news! Second funded PsyD interview offer today :horns:

School Name: Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Interview Date: February 6, 7, 9, 13, and 14th
Additional Info:

I applied to three programs and have one invite, i'm going to call this a win so far! :)

Shark, what's your interest?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

I applied to three programs and have one invite, i'm going to call this a win so far! :)

Shark, what's your interest?

I have a wide range of interests (there are several faculty I could work with), but on the app, I specifically mentioned Dr. Kaniasty and Dr. Long. What about you?

For those of you asking about University of Maryland-College Park, I contacted my POI today to find out if all interview invites have already been extended. My POI is no longer taking a student due to budget constraints. Not entirely sure if this applies to many of the faculty or just mine.

This is so helpful, thanks!! Would you mind sharing your POI? Maybe PM? It's strange there hasn't been a peep form Maryland's Clinical on any of the boards.

I have a wide range of interests (there are several faculty I could work with), but on the app, I specifically mentioned Dr. Kaniasty and Dr. Long. What about you?

I didn't mention anyone specifically however I would like to work with Dr. Johnson or Dr. Kaniasty. :)

School Name: Chatham University
Degree: PsyD (Partially funded)
Type: Counseling
Track: General
Interview Date: February 6 and 14th

I'm wondering if they talked to IUP to discuss interview dates. :)

School Name: University of Houston
Interview Date: 2/9/15

School Name: VCU
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15/15
Interview Date: 2/6/15 or 2/9/15

Funny enough, I was "that guy" who said that Nova would be releasing initial invites this week and I haven't seen anything on TGC or here, so, has anyone received anything from Nova yet by chance?

School Name: Northeastern University
Track: N/A
Interview Date: February 20th

School Name:. Northeastern University.
Date Interview Invite Received: .1/23/15.
Degree.: PhD.
Type.: Counseling.
Track.: N/A.
Notified via:. Email.
Interview Date: .February 20th.

Also: applicant social evening of the 19th

School Name: Colorado State University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/22/15
Interview Date: 2/13/15

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard if Rhode Island or American have finished sending their interview invites?
I'd emailed American yesterday, and got a message back saying interview invites for 1/30 and 2/9 have been sent out but they may be sending more out later. We know what that means though

Has anyone heard anything from UCLA's Health Psychology program (non-clinical)? I haven't seen anything on TGC or here yet.

Anyone heard from Pittsburgh clinical?

Well UMD College Park clinical is a big no. You can check your status on the website.

Anyone heard from Pittsburgh clinical?

I heard back from the Joint Health-Clinical PhD program last week.

School Name: University of Pittsburgh
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/19
Type: Joint Health-Clinical
Interview Date: 2/20 - 2/21

Exactly! Has me constantly checking TGC, here and their website.
The neuropsych concentration (perhaps the department) did invites and required a response by 1/16. I'm not sure if anyone was unable to make it or if more were sent out the next week. Interview dates are 2/12-13 and 2/16-17.

I heard back from the Joint Health-Clinical PhD program last week.

School Name: University of Pittsburgh
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/19
Type: Joint Health-Clinical
Interview Date: 2/20 - 2/21
I haven't heard reports of anything for just clinical. Seems like historically they call out around the mid twenties of January, guessing it'll be next week if it hasn't happened yet.

From Suffolk University, Has anyone heard from Neuropsych track interviews??
Have all the interviews been sent already?

Has anyone heard from the University of Montana, University of Virginia, or VTech yet? Thanks!
Virginia Tech informed me that they're done sending out interview invitations. They were done at the beginning of January.

From Suffolk University, Has anyone heard from Neuropsych track interviews??
Have all the interviews been sent already?
I had applied to the neuropsych track and I received an invite. I suspect that they have all been sent, but I don't know for certain.

I had applied to the neuropsych track and I received an invite. I suspect that they have all been sent, but I don't know for certain.

Could you please check on MySuffolk Applicant Portal if your status has been updated to "invited for interview"? Mine still says that no decision has been made yet

Could you please check on MySuffolk Applicant Portal if your status has been updated to "invited for interview"? Mine still says that no decision has been made yet
My status is still listed as "no decision has been made"

Is anyone planning on flying into or out of the northeast for interviews in the next few days? Given the amount of snow that's forecasted, just wondering how others are handling this!

School Name: University of Kansas
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/24
Interview Date: 2/27-2/28

School Name: University of Nevada Reno
Date Interview Recieved: 1/25
Notified via: Phone Call
Interview Date: 2/12-2/14

Saw on TGC that someone got an email rejection from ASU clinical..did anyone else get this? I'm pretty sure I'm out of the running for an interview, but maybe waitlisted?
I did. I recieved an email on Wednesday with a rejection.

Is anyone planning on flying into or out of the northeast for interviews in the next few days? Given the amount of snow that's forecasted, just wondering how others are handling this!

I'm leaving wednesday for two back-to-back interviews up there and I'm pretty nervous. No one has mentioned anything though, I think they are waiting to see what happens.

I'm leaving wednesday for two back-to-back interviews up there and I'm pretty nervous. No one has mentioned anything though, I think they are waiting to see what happens.

How am I handling this? With panic attacks mostly, haha. I'm trying to just see how it looks when the time comes that I have to leave. Worse comes to worst (I'm telling myself) I drive super slowly and allot double the time to get there. But if they aren't cancelled, I'm going to make it happen!

How am I handling this? With panic attacks mostly, haha. I'm trying to just see how it looks when the time comes that I have to leave. Worse comes to worst (I'm telling myself) I drive super slowly and allot double the time to get there. But if they aren't cancelled, I'm going to make it happen!

I was supposed to leave tonight for an interview tomorrow (rescheduled due to scheduling conflict) and my flight was already cancelled. I emailed to offer an alternative day or to Skype, so I'll see what they say. I really wouldn't worry too much. It's out of your control and the programs totally understand that these things happen all the time, especially in the middle of winter.