2014-2015 Official Psychology Ph.D./PsyD Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How am I handling this? With panic attacks mostly, haha. I'm trying to just see how it looks when the time comes that I have to leave. Worse comes to worst (I'm telling myself) I drive super slowly and allot double the time to get there. But if they aren't cancelled, I'm going to make it happen!
It's already windy and snowing here in NYC. It's not bad yet, but I know Columbia med cancelled classes tomorrow. I'm not sure where your interviews are, but perhaps renting a 4WD vehicle? Driving to a train? I think it's unlikely that anyone will be flying in or out of the northeast between tonight and Wednesday night. I have a feeling that interviews will be cancelled, though. They don't want their top candidates in harm's way.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's already windy and snowing here in NYC. It's not bad yet, but I know Columbia med cancelled classes tomorrow. I'm not sure where your interviews are, but perhaps renting a 4WD vehicle? Driving to a train? I think it's unlikely that anyone will be flying in or out of the northeast between tonight and Wednesday night. I have a feeling that interviews will be cancelled, though. They don't want their top candidates in harm's way.

So you think Friday interviews will be cancelled?

Last edited:
By Friday everything will be fine, I'm sure. It's supposed to snow again, but nothing major. Just make sure you have a parking garage. You won't find anything on the street. If you're coming from Boston (just a guess), I would suggest using Waze for navigation. I make that trip frequently and it's VERY good at avoiding traffic/closed roads.

Reactions: 1 users
I was supposed to leave tonight for an interview tomorrow (rescheduled due to scheduling conflict) and my flight was already cancelled. I emailed to offer an alternative day or to Skype, so I'll see what they say. I really wouldn't worry too much. It's out of your control and the programs totally understand that these things happen all the time, especially in the middle of winter.

My flight to Connecticut for tomorrow was cancelled too. A travel ban has been issued for the entire state.

Reactions: 1 user
Stay safe, East Coasters! (And those of you heading there!)

Last edited:
Has anyone received anything definitively from UC Boulder Clinical?

Reactions: 3 users
Suffolk interviewees - see you there! :)

Has anyone heard anything about UMass Boston's Counseling Psychology program interviews? the clinical interview invites are supposed to go out by the end of this week, but I'm wondering about the counseling invites...

For those of you asking about University of Maryland-College Park, I contacted my POI today to find out if all interview invites have already been extended. My POI is no longer taking a student due to budget constraints. Not entirely sure if this applies to many of the faculty or just mine.
Who was your POI?

Members don't see this ad :)
And so the schedule-conflict juggling continues...

School Name: University of South Dakota
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/26
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Track: N/A (possibly disaster psych)
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/13 or 2/27

Reactions: 2 users
I've seen a rejection and a skype interview for U of Washington on TGC...I've heard nothing! I can't wait for all of this waiting to be over..:confused:

Last edited:
Just got a UCSD rejection

Y'all...I received a call this morning with an offer of admission from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for the Clinical and Community Psychology PhD program, and news that they are nominating me for a fellowship.

I'm still in shock. Getting interview invitations was such a hugely emotional process and now with an acceptance I feel. So. Weird. But also :soexcited:. I cannot even believe we are at this point, after having prepared for (and obsessed about) this process for years.

I truly hope for similar good news for everyone in this thread throughout the rest of this season.

Start an acceptance thread?? :) congrats!

Last edited:
Y'all...I received a call this morning with an offer of admission from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for the Clinical and Community Psychology PhD program, and news that they are nominating me for a fellowship.

I'm still in shock. Getting interview invitations was such a hugely emotional process and now with an acceptance I feel. So. Weird. But also :soexcited:. I cannot even believe we are at this point, after having prepared for (and obsessed about) this process for years.

I truly hope for similar good news for everyone in this thread throughout the rest of this season.

That is SO wonderful!! Congrats!! So when do you have to let them know? Sounds like this may be the first of a couple offers.

Last edited:
Thought I saw someone post on TGC or here regarding an invitation to interview for Nova Southeastern... but FYI.. I emailed the department and this is what they said --

"The admissions committee have not extended any invitations yet as they are still going through the applications."

There is still hope!

That is so awesome!!! Big big congratulations!!! That probably takes so much pressure off other interviews!

I think interview is this week.

Last edited:
Yeah, I spoke to Nova yesterday and the "Rachel" in admissions had mentioned that invites will start to go out by next week.

I'm going to just assume VCU, UVa, U Illinois- Chicago, and USC are done sending out invites right? I think VCUs interview is this week. I haven't heard much about UIC clinical though

I am waiting on UVa too. I've only seen one on TGC so far.

I'm going to just assume VCU, UVa, U Illinois- Chicago, and USC are done sending out invites right? I think VCUs interview is this week. I haven't heard much about UIC clinical though
Pretty sure UIC went out a couple week ago.

Hello!

Has anyone heard from the University of Florida, specifically the child clinical/pediatric track, or University of Kansas Child Clinical??

Last edited:
I am waiting on UVa too. I've only seen one on TGC so far.

UVa is "still in the review process." Not sure if that means all invites are out or they're still deciding, but fingers crossed.

People are being accepted already? That's so awesome! Great to hear that people are receiving good news.
I'm in the club of people with no interview invites...1 rejection, 2 have offered all of their interview spots, and my other 4 still haven't really released any info. The waiting game stinks!

People are being accepted already? That's so awesome! Great to hear that people are receiving good news.
I'm in the club of people with no interview invites...1 rejection, 2 have offered all of their interview spots, and my other 4 still haven't really released any info. The waiting game stinks!
:xf: for good news soon! I'm in the same boat with 1 rejection, 3 more presumed, and only one doctoral program left waiting on.

Hello!

Has anyone heard from the University of Florida, specifically the child clinical/pediatric track, or University of Kansas Child Clinical??

Got an email this morning for Kansas to check my application status and got my rejection letter from there.

Has anyone heard from university of Washington child track, Loyola Chicago clinical or university of Denver child track?

School Name: Indiana University, Pennsylvania
Date Interview Recieved: 1/23
Degree: PsyD
Track: N/A
Interview Date: sometime 2/6-2/14

Has anyone heard from Rutgers PsyD program yet? I'm coming from CA and trying to figure out if I should stick around for a potential interview on 2/23...

Indiana U of Pennsylvania sent out all invites? I have received anything (interview or rejection) yet!

Has anyone heard from University of Denver - [PSYD].... ?

Indiana U of Pennsylvania sent out all invites? I have received anything (interview or rejection) yet!
I know they sent some last week and some this week, so maybe they're still coming out - don't get discouraged just yet!

I also just received a rejection email from IUP. It was the first response I've heard from any of the schools I applied to. Not very encouraging!

Has anyone heard from Rutgers PsyD program yet? I'm coming from CA and trying to figure out if I should stick around for a potential interview on 2/23...

I am buying Southwest tix for my interviews for just this reason. No penalty to change plans if your plans change. If that's not possible for you, it would certainly be reasonable to check in with the program, though they might not be helpful :eyebrow:

Has anyone heard from University of Denver - [PSYD].... ?
School Name: University of Denver
Date Interview Recieved: 1/08
Degree: PsyD
Notified via: phone call
Interview Date: multiple dates from late February to early march

Any word on Western Michigan (Counseling Psych) or Memphis (Counseling Psych). I know the latter sent out Clinical invites a few weeks ago, so thinking that they probably have. .

School Name: Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/27
Type: Counseling
Interview Date: 2/15-2/16

Got the interview after having a phone interview earlier this month.

School Name: Bowling Green State University
Track: Child
Interview Date: 2/13 or 2/20
Additional Info: graduate student meet and greet night before, option to stay with graduate student

School Name:Nova Southeastern
Track: Neuropsychology
Interview Date: 2/13

School Name:Nova Southeastern
Track: Neuropsychology
Interview Date: 2/13
Ditto! Beat me to the punch. Interview 8:30 am-3 pm

Last edited:
I am buying Southwest tix for my interviews for just this reason. No penalty to change plans if your plans change. If that's not possible for you, it would certainly be reasonable to check in with the program, though they might not be helpful :eyebrow:
Yeah, I've emailed them and called and left a message earlier. I'm sure they're swamped.

On a separate note, not sure why IUP is sending rejections before confirming interviews? I still haven't gotten a confirmed date for mine which makes it hard to book a cross-country flight!