2014-2015 Official Psychology Ph.D./PsyD Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to hear that. Post-interview? I haven't heard anything after either of my interviews and others have so I'm assuming that's not good news for me.
Nope, I didn't even get an interview :(.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like even if it's a rejection they'd respond in a nice way.
Perhaps email the DCT instead? Assuming that's a different person. Best of luck!
Finally got a response. Essentially wait listed. Was told initial offer was made but poi said I was still 'in the mix' & to keep her posted & she would do the same. More waiting but fingers crossed!

I'm wondering how long wait-lists are at various schools. I'm in the low 30s on one, and a friend is 37 on wait list #2 where he applied. Does this system make sense to anybody? With cohorts of 15-25, having anything above 20 might as well be a rejection....right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering how long wait-lists are at various schools. I'm in the low 30s on one, and a friend is 37 on wait list #2 where he applied. Does this system make sense to anybody? With cohorts of 15-25, having anything above 20 might as well be a rejection....right?

If the cohorts are that large, a lot of the first choice students may opt to go to programs with smaller class sizes (and maybe better funding?) - In the IIT threat, I think someone mentioned that IIT offers a slot to 30+ students but only has an incoming class size of 15-20

If the cohorts are that large, a lot of the first choice students may opt to go to programs with smaller class sizes (and maybe better funding?) - In the IIT threat, I think someone mentioned that IIT offers a slot to 30+ students but only has an incoming class size of 15-20

Thank you. That's very helpful to know. I'm still skeptical---there would be 66 people ahead of him (and in my case, ~60). As they say, "Better luck next time." (That's my new bumper sticker for my non-existent car.)

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted into Pacific Universities PsyD (Health Track) program. Just waiting on University of Denver then I can make my final decision. :D :D :D

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, congrats on all your interviews!
I just booked my first interview (Psyd Clinical program) at the Wright Institute.
I was hoping maybe some of you could give me tips on what sort of questions they ask during interviews?
What should I prepare for... It's a very different system here in South Africa :)

I just booked my first interview (Psyd Clinical program) at the Wright Institute.
I was hoping maybe some of you could give me tips on what sort of questions they ask during interviews?
What should I prepare for... It's a very different system here in South Africa :)

Check out this thread, it should help.

Out of curiosity- anyone know when U Washington's clinical phd is going to send out acceptances?

has anyone heard back from Pace's Psyd or Yeshiva's Combined School Clinical Psyd yet?
Pace seems to roll a little later in general.. when should we expect to hear back?

Has anyone heard back from Georgia State post-interview? I saw so many posts of interviews on TGC, but no one reporting they have been accepted yet...

has anyone heard back from Pace's Psyd or Yeshiva's Combined School Clinical Psyd yet?
Pace seems to roll a little later in general.. when should we expect to hear back?

Yeshiva sent out acceptances last week and Pace said they are meeting on the 13th to discuss applicants!

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you get in! I'd like to pick your brain regarding Write Institute! I heard it was an interesting program.

GUYS. What happened to BU post-interview? It was basically a month ago. I'm already accepting another offer, but no word, even for a rejection? Seems very callous.

Got into my top choice (Columbia University - Teachers College) earlier today for the Counseling Psychology PhD program; almost full tuition remission and a large yearly stipend!!!!! Completely shocked but definitely accepting the offer!!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Got into my top choice (Columbia University - Teachers College) earlier today for the Counseling Psychology PhD program; almost full tuition remission and a large yearly stipend!!!!! Completely shocked but definitely accepting the offer!!!!
Congratulations!!!

Has anybody heard from Stony Brook Clinical Psychology after interviews? I saw one acceptance and one rejection posted on TGC...any ideas if they have sent out all acceptances/wait list spots?

I got waitlisted at Yeshiva for their clinical psych psyd program....I was wondering if anyone got accepted off of a waitlist?
I'm so nervous :(

Has anybody heard from Stony Brook Clinical Psychology after interviews? I saw one acceptance and one rejection posted on TGC...any ideas if they have sent out all acceptances/wait list spots?
Priority was given to new faculty and they have extended their invites. Two students are still deciding. Based on what those two students decide will dictate whether or not offers are extended from the next priority faculty.

Has anyone heard from University of Denver's PsyD program yet?

Update: Just got accepted into University of Denver's PsyD. Now I get to decide between Pacific University and Denver. if yall wanna give me advice PM me. For those of you still waiting for any school decision I believe in you!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Update: Just got accepted into University of Denver's PsyD. Now I get to decide between Pacific University and Denver. if yall wanna give me advice PM me. For those of you still waiting for any school decision I believe in you!!!!
Good job! Denver or Portland... That's a hard choice... They are equal in terms of professor interests?

I think I might go with Denver. I hear it's beautiful there, plus they have a much higher APA Internship rate.

Yeah, definitely Denver. :)

I just got my obligatory offer to the Columbia/TC masters program after having applied to their clinical PhD program (no interview).

I just got my obligatory offer to the Columbia/TC masters program after having applied to their clinical PhD program (no interview).
Me too...but I did interview. A personal note could've been nice! At least a "Nice to meet ya! Thanks for flying all the way to NY to see me!" Professors these days....;)

$17k/year but I think tuition is ~$26k a year

$26k/year only?!

I was under the impression that it was about $50k/year.

This website says it's $24k/semester...which doesn't include books, health insurance, misc fees, and living expenses...

Did your "acceptance" letter say anything else?

$26k/year only?!

I was under the impression that it was about $50k/year.

This website says it's $24k/semester...which doesn't include books, health insurance, misc fees, and living expenses...

Did your "acceptance" letter say anything else?

$26k was sort of a guesstimate on my part. I couldn't find a detailed breakdown of cost (To be honest I didn't look very hard). I thought that the site said that the MA consists of 36 units, and each unit costs $1400 = $52k total or $26k/year - There might be more accurate info out there tho!

$26k was sort of a guesstimate on my part. I couldn't find a detailed breakdown of cost (To be honest I didn't look very hard). I thought that the site said that the MA consists of 36 units, and each unit costs $1400 = $52k total or $26k/year - There might be more accurate info out there tho!

Oops! I poked around the info pages and found that the Clinical MA iss 36 units. The Counseling MA is 60 units. Sorry for the confusion...and thank you so much for this information. :)

Last edited:
It is my impression that the stipend will vary for each doctoral student entering the program. Sorry that I can't be of more help "/

Last edited:
Has anyone on the child track heard back from St. John's post interview? Gradcafe's acceptances and waitlists either said adult track or didn't specify. Thank you!

Has anyone on the child track heard back from St. John's post interview? Gradcafe's acceptances and waitlists either said adult track or didn't specify. Thank you!

I'm waiting on St. John's as well. From what I've seen posted in years past, acceptances are via phone, waitlist via email and rejections via postal mail. I fear that's why I haven't heard. At this point, I would just like a final answer so that I can make my final decision.

For those of you who have already accepted an offer for the Fall 2015 semester, are any of you already wondering about who your other cohort members will be? I am intrigued to see what my cohort will look like since we will all be taking the same classes together for the next 4 or so years. :)

For those of you who have already accepted an offer for the Fall 2015 semester, are any of you already wondering about who your other cohort members will be? I am intrigued to see what my cohort will look like since we will all be taking the same classes together for the next 4 or so years. :)
I am extremely curious. I already have a good idea of the type of students my Uni likes to take from a mole I have in the program, heh. But we shall see!

@Gambit07 I was lucky enough to get to meet my cohort at recruitment day, which was really cool. We also stayed in touch via email, so I know who declined for other offers and who accepted! While there are definite pros to conducting in person interviews, I like method of conducting phone interviews and saving the in person visit for admittees.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
That sounds like a very promising method of keeping cohort members connected. I wasn't able to meet everyone who interviewed at the program I will be attending in the fall since they split interviewees up across two days, but I do wish there was a way to figure out who the four other members in my cohort will be.

I created a thread for new cohort members, you might be able to post there and see if anyone might be joining the same program

Does anyone know if someone is working on this years' interview invite thread?