2014-2015 Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
o and I finished my secondaries for the MD schools within the last 2 weeks. Hoping I wasnt too late.

Members don't see this ad.

oh man, I'm sorry... I hate seemingly realistic nightmares like that! It's not even September yet, and I'm sure a ton of us are going to be bombarded with interview offers very soon! :)
(just frustrated that it's Labor Day Weekend = won't get any decisions until Tuesday likely, if at all...)

Reactions: 4 users
I have been devouring books to try to keep my mind off of emails and SDN....but here I am! I may even go into work/lab tomorrow to distract myself.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I joined the penguin club. Here's hoping it will bring me good luck. I'm ready for battle.

Reactions: 2 users
crickets... nothing but crickets... the silence is killer...

The other day I checked my email and saw an one from Johns something or other. After a heart attack and good little while of psyching myself up to see what the verdict from Hopkins was, I finally looked back at my phone to open the email..........Two for one special at Papa Johns. So it goes.

Reactions: 15 users
The other day I checked my email and saw an one from Johns something or other. After a heart attack and good little while of psyching myself up to see what the verdict from Hopkins was, I finally looked back at my phone to open the email..........Two for one special at Papa Johns. So it goes.

Ugh, I hate when that happens!
I was checking mine and saw the word "invitation" in a subject line, immediately opened the email to find an E-invite to a baby shower...

(Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked about my friend's baby shower, I'm just a wreck with having not heard anything from any schools yet haha)

Reactions: 1 user
Ugh, I hate when that happens!
I was checking mine and saw the word "invitation" in a subject line, immediately opened the email to find an E-invite to a baby shower...

(Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked about my friend's baby shower, I'm just a wreck with having not heard anything from any schools yet haha)
I feel a little guilty, but a few years ago when my friend was applying I would sporadically send emails with the title SCHOOL NAME - ADMISSIONS, and in the text just say "got you." He would then quickly check his phone lol.

Reactions: 8 users
I feel a little guilty, but a few years ago when my friend was applying I would sporadically send emails with the title SCHOOL NAME - ADMISSIONS, and in the text just say "got you." He would then quickly check his phone lol.

Oooooh, this is good. I might have to try this out...

I still have a few secondaries to finish, but I am feeling SO burnt out. Anyone else hit a wall with secondaries?

Take a break! I'm thankfully done with mine, but I definitely hit that same slump. Some of my secondaries took over 3 weeks to finish because of that. I know that'll probably hurt a little, but definitely not as much as rushing it and sending in something sub-part.

Take a few hours / most of today off, relax, see your friends/watch a documentary etc. Get back in the swing of things tomorrow. I was always surprised by how many things I thought of to answer with when I was not actively trying to think of something clever for an answer (kind of like how we realize great comebacks to a diss hours after the event happened).

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted one hour ago and still nothing!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!

Reactions: 5 users
Am I the only one who has been noticing this penguin craze on SDN as of late?

Im just gonna go ahead and start studying for my MCAT again. This way if I do get rejected, I wont be moping around and not have a clue of whats going on. I would like to bring my 28 up to a 33 atleast

Im just gonna go ahead and start studying for my MCAT again. This way if I do get rejected, I wont be moping around and not have a clue of whats going on. I would like to bring my 28 up to a 33 atleast

I refuse to get rid of any of my MCAT books/rule out the idea of retaking, until there is an acceptance in my hand. If I get one, then I'm sticking those suckers straight in the fireplace :D

in full panic mode.. 2 holds, 1 rejection and rest silence!!

Hoping for some II love from schools this month, so I finally jumped on the penguin bandwagon :)

Here's to hoping September brings a gushing flood of IIs!!

Reactions: 8 users
28 MCAT, 3.65 GPA, 3.55 sGPA. I only applied to three MD schools (FSU, USF, UCF) and 13 DO schools, and I am absolutely terrified I am not getting in. Had a nightmare the other day that this med school representative came to my school to ask my teachers if I was a good student. He wasnt even intimidating. He was shorter than me, bald, wore glasses, chubby with a gut, wore a red shirts that said he was a Bears fan, and nacho stained jeans. He had the SMUGGEST grin on his face and he didnt believe that my contacts were real. All I remember was myself stuttering and then I woke up.

Lmao that's hilarious. Loving the detail!

The relaxed palm tree scene and the utterly chill people in LA really keeps my panic level down. I'm so relaxed right now, even though I should probably worry a little bit.

hoping admissions officers had a well rested labor day and are ready to send off another wave of interviews this week!!
#pleaseloveme

Reactions: 7 users
The relaxed palm tree scene and the utterly chill people in LA really keeps my panic level down. I'm so relaxed right now, even though I should probably worry a little bit.
LOL What part of LA are you in? Hahaha That doesn't sound right at all. ;)

You guys are going to give each other heart attacks...

LOL What part of LA are you in? Hahaha That doesn't sound right at all. ;)
I am driving around all over LA. I come from the world's center of panicking and neurotic people, so everywhere else it looks so relaxing.

2 rejections within 3 hours of each other. :blackeye::( Still trying to stay positive! Still many more schools to hear from!

Reactions: 3 users
Noticed quite a few rejections today, I'm kind of glad all I've heard is radio silence...

I know this is the panic thread, but it's only sept. 1, you don't need to decide to retake anything just yet.
Well I kinda am scheduled for one anyway, a 26 isn't really epic for MD schools. I figured I might as well have a better score in case I need it.

Wait this penguin thing actually works... changed my avatar last night and woke up to an II this morning!

Was not sure before, but now I'm convinced. Hope an entire penguin family will bring me some luck!

2 rejections, 1 hold, and no secondary from vanderbilt....LizzyM 71 with a publication :( someone show me some love :(

Jumping on this penguin bandwagon too. Still nothing and I'm continuing to go crazy. I'm beyond jealous of everyone who has rec'd even one II.

Joining the rest of you penguins. One II so far, and still seemingly too many secondaries to finish.

I joined the penguin band wagon Thursday, but no II's yet.

Wait this penguin thing actually works... changed my avatar last night and woke up to an II this morning!

lol this superstition has gone too far. Credit your hard work not this penguin nonsense (Don't get me wrong if I get an II invite after posting here - you bet I will be jumping on the bandwagon)

joining the penguin club. Will report back in 24 hours

Joining the panicking penguin party! Can't. Stop. Checking. Email. Good thing classes are starting up again.

Hopping on the train like a cool kid. For some reason that is unclear to me, the leopard spotted penguin has a horn. Which may actually make it not a penguin? I have no real thoughts on the issue.

I joined the penguin band wagon Thursday, but no II's yet.
I got an II from one of my stretch schools a couple hours after this! Complaining and penguinism works!

Come on guys these penguins are silly...

First rejection today + Complete early august, will be reviewed soon + this thread + penguin thread=
One bottle of snake oil please!

2 rejections today: (1 MD and 1 DO). DO rejection was a surprise. 3 rejections total, 2 hold. sigh..feeling very down.

Joining the penguin club. Here's to getting interviews this week. Tuesdays and thursdays seem to be the days for me as far as interviews go :)