2014-2015 Waitlist Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gyngyn, in your experience do you continue to see steady wait list movement for the next few weeks? Or are we far enough out from the traffic deadline that most of the major waves for acceptances have already passed?
There should be slow steady movement, diminishing as we approach August.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The more I read about uci going crazy on acceptances, the more I feel that I'm at the bottom of the wait list T__T

Yeah same... it's strange that no one has posted about an acceptance during these large waves.

Gyngyn, I've kept up with this thread for weeks now, and haven't seen much mention of Texas. Is this because of TMDSAS? Can you still see Texas waitlist movement? I'm trying to convince myself that the ship hasn't sailed for an acceptance

Members don't see this ad :)
UCI is still going gangbusters.
Other than that, just Temple.
Sorry @gyngyn if this is a silly question, but by 'other than that' do you mean you see only these two schools with waitlist movement today, or these two plus many of the ones mentioned previously in the thread? Just trying to get it straight in my head.

Sorry @gyngyn if this is a silly question, but by 'other than that' do you mean you see only these two schools with waitlist movement today, or these two plus many of the ones mentioned previously in the thread? Just trying to get it straight in my head.
He means only those two schools for today.

Reactions: 1 users
Every day I give an update on the movement I see from the previous (or current) business day.
So, if UCI makes several offers on Monday, I will mention it on Tuesday. If they make additional offers on Tuesday, I will see and report it on Wednesday...

Reactions: 2 users
Gyngyn, I've kept up with this thread for weeks now, and haven't seen much mention of Texas. Is this because of TMDSAS? Can you still see Texas waitlist movement? I'm trying to convince myself that the ship hasn't sailed for an acceptance
I can see what's is happening on TMDSAS, but only for applicants we have interviewed.
Very few TX residents are interviewed at OOS schools. They tend to be highly sought-after candidates for whom recruitment money is available.

He means only those two schools for today.
Every day I give an update on the movement I see from the previous (or current) business day.
So, if UCI makes several offers on Monday, I will mention it on Tuesday. If they make additional offers on Tuesday, I will see and report it on Wednesday...
Excellent. Thank you so much for the response.

Just wait listed at my top choice, UCI. Happy to see there's movement but still bummed.

For all you wait listers who are also fortunate to have an acceptance at another program (that I also love but is in a different state)....are you looking for housing etc now and accepting that you might have to forfeit a security deposit or just holding off as long as you can? Personal choice I know, but it's so bizarre not knowing even what state I'll be in after a year long application cycle. Just curious what others are doing.

Thanks for the updates gyngyn!

thanks for the updates gyngyn! could u share how many people were recently accepted to UCI?

Just wait listed at my top choice, UCI. Happy to see there's movement but still bummed.

For all you wait listers who are also fortunate to have an acceptance at another program (that I also love but is in a different state)....are you looking for housing etc now and accepting that you might have to forfeit a security deposit or just holding off as long as you can? Personal choice I know, but it's so bizarre not knowing even what state I'll be in after a year long application cycle. Just curious what others are doing.

Thanks for the updates gyngyn!

I'm waiting to commit on housing mostly because I got a promising call from another school two days after my first acceptance. Part of me just wants to take the first one and run with it though, I can't wait to know for sure where I'll actually end up.

Reactions: 5 users
So, I received the Certiphi background check email this morning (I'm currently on two waitlists with 0 acceptances.) Is the consensus that 1) this definitely isn't an indicator that I'll be admitted anytime soon to either school but that 2) it may mean I was higher on the waitlist than someone else, if other students didn't receive a background check email today?

Hey gyngyn, have the Gods informed you about FIU? My fellow SDNers and I have been scratching our heads on this one, since it's getting pretty late in the game and we haven't seen any movement. Your help is much appreciated, as you have my eternal gratitude.
:flame: :bow::flame:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey gyngyn, have the Gods informed you about FIU? My fellow SDNers and I have been scratching our heads on this one, since it's getting pretty late in the game and we haven't seen any movement. Your help is much appreciated, as you have my eternal gratitude.

Would also love to hear about Stanford, gyngyn! So far there is no clear info about waitlist movement there yet :/

Is this cycle weird? (April versus May aside) The volume of waitlist movement just seems so modest. That said, perhaps it's just the schools that I'm following (/praying to at little shrines I've set up around my home?)...

Reactions: 13 users
@gyngyn Hell0, have you by any chance detected any waitlist movement for UVM? It seems to be very slow or nothing at all this year for OOS.

All Quiet on the schools-I'm-waitlisted-at Front....

yeah, this has been a very odd year for waitlist movement to say the least.

Still haven't heard any positive news from my 4 wait lists. Oh what I would do to just have 1 acceptance.

Reactions: 7 users
Me too, no acceptances and starting to feel pretty desperate. What is even going on this year? Is it just that it's another record-breaking year for all the schools in terms of applicant numbers?

Me too, no acceptances and starting to feel pretty desperate. What is even going on this year? Is it just that it's another record-breaking year for all the schools in terms of applicant numbers?
It does seem to have been record-breaking, but that wouldn't stop schools from having overlapping admissions -- I sincerely doubt that the pool of multiply-sought-after candidates has grown so much that everyone just naturally sorted themselves and filled each school's class. I think(/hope?) that by now we're past the point of those numbers mattering. Though perhaps my concept of the system is a bit off.

Got accepted this morning to both Albany and Saint Louis University!!!! Had zero acceptances yesterday and now I have 2! Within an hour. I can't believe this is happening. Good luck to all of you who are waiting for the first acceptance, I know you guys will become great doctors!

Reactions: 33 users
Is USC Keck wait-list ever going to move? I've heard rumors it didn't move AT ALL last year? Can anyone confirm or deny? Is the previous year representative of what the current year will look like?

Sorry for all the me-centric questions, feeling especially stressed today.

Is USC Keck wait-list ever going to move? I've heard rumors it didn't move AT ALL last year? Can anyone confirm or deny? Is the previous year representative of what the current year will look like?

Sorry for all the me-centric questions, feeling especially stressed today.
I saw no waitlist movement last year at USC.

All I have seen since yesterday is: Meharry, Cornell and UCI.
Thanks for all of your information. University of Illinois sent out a letter dividing waitlist applicants - presumably into 4 quartiles about 2 weeks ago. I think I've seen most of your posts, and haven't noticed movement off of Illinois' "alternate" list. Do you have visibility to Illinois, and has there been any movement? Also, anymore anticipated waitlist movement at Temple or Hofstra? I'm in at one school, but have housing decisions to make :).

Thanks for all of your information. University of Illinois sent out a letter dividing waitlist applicants - presumably into 4 quartiles about 2 weeks ago. I think I've seen most of your posts, and haven't noticed movement off of Illinois' "alternate" list. Do you have visibility to Illinois, and has there been any movement? Also, anymore anticipated waitlist movement at Temple or Hofstra? I'm in at one school, but have housing decisions to make :).
I do have some overlap with IL (since so many CA applicants apply there), but I haven't seen anything lately.

I do have some overlap with IL (since so many CA applicants apply there), but I haven't seen anything lately.
Hey @gyngyn, have you seen much movement recently or do you anticipate more movement at Ohio State? They seem to have had a lot of movement in first couple days but it's been dead since. They give no indication of where you stand on the wait list so I really am stabbing in the dark here.

Hey @gyngyn, have you seen much movement recently or do you anticipate more movement at Ohio State? They seem to have had a lot of movement in first couple days but it's been dead since. They give no indication of where you stand on the wait list so I really am stabbing in the dark here.
Nothing recently.

Appreciate the response. Has the volume of movement there been high and do you think the wait list movement there is already over for the most part?
I haven't seen much lately but there is still plenty of time.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't see any mention of movement at Johns Hopkins, but I know that their WL started moving today.

I've also got a really good waitlist.
zing.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Quick question on waitlist dynamics for anyone who knows: I got a waitlist acceptance yesterday that gave me three days to respond; if I accept that position, am I allowed to stay on other waitlists? Is it the same as being allowed to stay on waitlists after a regular non-waitlist acceptance?

Quick question on waitlist dynamics for anyone who knows: I got a waitlist acceptance yesterday that gave me three days to respond; if I accept that position, am I allowed to stay on other waitlists? Is it the same as being allowed to stay on waitlists after a regular non-waitlist acceptance?
yes

I'm finally done playing the waiting game. Got off the waitlist at my top choice. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 36 users