**2014 Application Timeline Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

In what batch was your COMPLETED (that means everything received and verified!) application?

• Total voters

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
advisor is having problems uploading the committee letter electronically due to a size issue. Any idea what he might be doing wrong?

@oceanangel4 - if you click dental school designations from the right tab, you will see columns. There should a mailing date column where it lists the date your application will be sent to the schools.

Thanks for the help! I only see a "date designated" column, no mailing column. Does the mailing column only appear later on once everything is verified etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary app to many of school and 1st batch. I don't get email regarding my application is complete. I only got my payment is processed. Are school slow with sending the email?

Give them some time, it is early in the cycle and some schools have received 100s of applications already. The application process is very long and drawn out, don't expect things to happen overnight.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/22
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 7/28
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: not yet

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/6
Transcript(s) Received: 6/17
GPA Verified: 6/25

Letters Delivered: 7/25
Letters Uploaded: same day

Date Application Mailed: 6/27

Residency: NY
Schools Applied To: 11 schools
GPA: oGPA 3.74, sGPA 3.6
DAT: 21 AA 20 TS

Last edited:
advisor is having problems uploading the committee letter electronically due to a size issue. Any idea what he might be doing wrong?

If the file contains scans of letters, I could see image files being in a larger uncompressed file format but without actually seeing what he has, it's anyone's guess.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/25/14
Reapplicant?: no

DAT Taken: 8/7/13
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/6/14

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/5/14
Transcript(s) Received: 6/11/14
GPA Verified: 6/27/14

Date Application Mailed: 7/7/14

Residency: FL
Schools Applied To: Yale, Hogwarts
GPA and DAT: 3.82 Overall Inc. +/- ; 21 AA, 18 PAT, 22 TS

LORs: 3/4 so far

Last edited:
I was going to submit it today but when I pressed pay by credit card, it said the page could not be found..what..

I was wondering, will our AADSAS application be mailed out even if we are still waiting on the committee letter? That is the only thing I am waiting on. Thanks!

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/5/14

DAT Taken: 1/20/14
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 2/6/14

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/5/14
Transcript(s) Received: 6/10/14
GPA Verified: 6/12/14

Date Application Mailed: 6/20/14

Residency: CA
Schools Applied To: ASDOH, BU, Case, Creighton, LECOM-FL, Loma Linda, Marquette, Midwestern, Nova Southeastern, OHSU, Tufts, UCLA, UCSF, UF, UNLV, USC, UOP, UW, Western :dead:
GPA and DAT: 3.49 Overall, 3.25 Science, 20 DAT

Damn. Two days for your transcripts to get verified?? I'm going on two weeks this Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine on 6/9 :/

I submitted and paid on 6/9. All transcripts were received on 6/17

All transcripts were received on 6/17

That's the kicker--the 17th is a more busy time than the 10th. Not only did she e-submit really early, but her transcripts were also received really early. Yours will be done soon. :D

P.S. Ya gotta "reply" to or "quote" people... Otherwise, they won't get an alert that you've responded to them and might not see it! :D

That's the kicker--the 17th is a more busy time than the 10th. Not only did she e-submit really early, but her transcripts were also received really early. Yours will be done soon. :D

P.S. Ya gotta "reply" to or "quote" people... Otherwise, they won't get an alert that you've responded to them and might not see it! :D

Yeah, I know....I'm just anxious is all.

P.S. just trying to keep you on your toes :D

Reactions: 1 user
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/30
Reapplicant?: Yes

DAT Taken: 6/7/14
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/19/14

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/10
Transcript(s) Received: 6/16 & 6/17
GPA Verified: 7/2

Letters Delivered: 6/9
Letters Uploaded: 6/16

Date Application Mailed: 7/7

Residency: IN
Schools Applied To: IND, Midwestern-AZ, Midwestern-IL, Case, Louisville, UK, Marquette, Michigan, LECOM, Nova, Temple, NYU, Maryland, Maine, Missouri (love them all :biglove:)
DAT: 19 AA, 22 PAT, 23 RC
:highfive:

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/30/14

DAT Taken: 6/18/14
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 07/02/14

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/30/14
Transcript(s) Received: Not all received
GPA Verified: N/A

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 07/01/14
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 07/03/14

Date Application Mailed: N/A

Residency: Canada
Schools Applied To: Canadian-friendly schools
GPA and DAT:
3.2sgpa/3.2ogpa
22AA/22TS/21PAT

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/1

DAT Taken: 6/12
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/26

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/19 & 6/20
Transcript(s) Received: 6/23 & 6/24
GPA Verified: 7/2

Residency: NC
Schools Applied To: UNC, VCU, Michigan, Maryland, Rutgers, UPenn, Columbia
GPA: 3.40 oGPA/3.29 sGPA
DAT: 24AA/23TS/23PAT

Last edited by a moderator:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/1/14

DAT Taken: 9/18/13
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 10/03/13

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/6/14
Transcript(s) Received: 6/13/14
GPA Verified: 7/1/14 (I was so surprised that my GPA was verified within 15 minutes of e-submitting!!)

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/10/14
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/04/14

Date Application Mailed: 7/04/14 (?)

Residency: WA
Schools Applied To: UW, Rutgers, UAB, Harvard, UConn, Columbia, UPenn, UNLV
might add: UNC, Texas schools ( OOS unfriendly...)

Last edited:

DAT Taken: 9/4/13
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 9/13/13

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/5/14, 6/6/14, 6/26/14
Transcript(s) Received: 6/11/14, 6/12/14, 6/30/14
GPA Verified: 6/1/14

Letters Uploaded: 6/9/14

Date Application Mailed: assuming 7/4/14

Schools Applied To: 13 schools
oGPA/sGPA and DAT: 3.6/5.5, 23

Like the poster above, I was verified the very next day. I wasn't expecting to be verified until next week to be honest, but i won't complain :D

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/22

DAT Taken: 5/21
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/4

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/3 , 6/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/9, 6/10, 6/11, 6/19
GPA Verified: 6/25

Residency: MD
Schools Applied To: 7 schools (Maryland, Rutgers, UConn, Michigan, Louisville, Buffalo, VCU)
GPA: 3.74 oGPA/3.98 sGPA (non-traditional student, all science pre-req taken in CC)
DAT: 21AA/21TS/24PAT

Last edited:
My mailing date just got updated to 7/7/14. I guess they are sending the what would have been July 4th batch after the long weekend.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/27

DAT Taken: 2/13
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 3/12

Transcript (s) Submitted: 6/05
Transcript (s) Received: 6/10
GPA Verified
: 7/2

Date Application Mailed: 7/11

Residency: SC
Schools Applied To: 18 schools (Ohio State, MUSC, NYU, USC, Western, LECOM, Nova, Midwestern IL and AZ, Columbia....)
GPA: 3.31 oGPA/3.32 sGPA/ 3.30 BCP
DAT: 24AA/24TS/22PAT/

Last edited:

DAT Taken: 8/25/12
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/11

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/20
Transcript(s) Received: 6/25
GPA Verified: 7/1

Schools Applied To: UConn, Buffalo, NYU, Columbia, University of Maryland, University of Pittsburgh, University of Louisville, Case, Creighton, Tufts, USC
GPA: 3.15 oGPA/3.05 sGPA
DAT: 24AA/25TS/17PAT

I guess letters didn't get sent out last week cause of the holiday weekend. I was wondering why my committee letter wasn't sent, even though it was uploaded on the 30th.

They should have put up a mail date for your letters soon after they were uploaded.

They should have put up a mail date for your letters soon after they were uploaded.

Just noticed it today, as well as everyone else's mailing date in this thread. Was busy last week :p

DAT Taken: 8/29/13
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/20

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/20
GPA Verified: 7/1

Letters Delivered: waiting
Letters Uploaded: waiting

Date Application Mailed: 7/2

Schools Applied To: Stony Brook, Buffalo, NYU, Columbia, Boston U, Tufts, Rutgers, UPenn, Temple, UConn
GPA: 3.60 oGPA/3.67 sGPA
DAT: 21AA/22TS/26PAT
QUESTION: Will AADSAS mail out applications without LORs? I'm still waiting for my letters to be submitted by the writers...:(

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/7

DAT Taken: 6/2014
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/19

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/9/14
Transcript(s) Received: 6/17/14
GPA Verified: 7/7

Letters Uploaded: 6/23

Date Application Mailed: Waiting on confirmation

Residency: Imaginationland
Schools Applied To: Yale, Stanford, Hawaii, University of Mt. Doom, U Narnia, Hogwarts, Pluto, The Capitol of Panem, Disneyworld, U El Dorado, U North Pole

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/3

DAT Taken: 6/26/14
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: still waiting :(

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/18 - 6/26
Transcript(s) Received: 6/23 - 7/1
GPA Verified: 7/7

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/17
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/24

Schools Applied To: UCLA, UCSF, UOP, USC, UW, NYU, UPenn, Tufts, BU, ASDOH
GPA and DAT: 3.86 sGPA, 3.88oGPA, 22AA/24TS/21PAT

QUESTION: Will AADSAS mail out applications without LORs? I'm still waiting for my letters to be submitted by the writers...:(

Yes they will.

I submitted my AADSAS application on July 8th. Can someone tell me if this is considered late?

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/3/14

DAT Taken: 7/18/14
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: N/A

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/3/14
Transcript(s) Received: 6/9, 6/10, & 6/11 (3 universities)
GPA Verified: 6/15

Letters Delivered: 6/3/14
Letters Uploaded: 6/3, 7/7, 7/7, 7/8

Date Application Mailed: 6/20/14

Residency: Florida
Schools Applied To: UF, Nova, Alabama, UNC, BU, Columbia, Tennessee
GPA and DAT: oGPA: 3.79 sGPA: 3.68 DAT: not taken yet

1. Why do schools take so long to show up in my portal. I just want to see something, damn it.

2. Why does the sdn app not work anymore. It's giving me anxiety.

3. Is anyone else stressing out already about whether or not they'll get interviews? My skin is breaking out like it ain't nobody's business. And I'm stress eating. It's not a good look. #ICantKeepCalmIHaveAnxiety

Reactions: 3 users
1. Why do schools take so long to show up in my portal. I just want to see something, damn it.

2. Why does the sdn app not work anymore. It's giving me anxiety.

3. Is anyone else stressing out already about whether or not they'll get interviews? My skin is breaking out like it ain't nobody's business. And I'm stress eating. It's not a good look. #ICantKeepCalmIHaveAnxiety

I think it took months for anything to update in my portal.

It's normal to be stressing about interviews at this point. Of course, I could always tell you not to worry, but that is MUCH easier said than done. Just realize you aren't alone. :)

DAT Taken: 6/6/14
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 06/28/14

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/9/14 6/9/14(2 Schools)
Transcript(s) Received: 6/12/14, 6/18/14
GPA Verified: Yes, 07/07/14

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 06/05/14
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded:06/16/14
Date Application Mailed: 07/11/14

Residency: Canada
Schools Applied To: 15+schools, Top 5 Choices: Rutgers, Columbia, University of Pennsylvania, Case Western, NYU
GPA and DAT: Low, with 4.0 SMP from Rutgers
24AA/25TS/19PAT

Hoping for at least 1 interview. :luck::luck::luck:

Question, not sure if Glimmer's response to toothfairy applies to this but schools in their emails say to check AADSAS portal for application status updates. Will this also be for seeing if your application is complete? And would it be under school designations? I've had schools email me saying that my application is complete, but I'm not seeing where updates like this would appear on the AADSAS portal.

hey guys! I have a questions and hope someone could help me out :) I just took my DAT yesterday and selected every single school when I registered for it..
so to my understanding, my scores will be sent out to every single school, does that mean this will happen automatically? or do I have to do something?

thanks in advance!

hey guys! I have a questions and hope someone could help me out :) I just took my DAT yesterday and selected every single school when I registered for it..
so to my understanding, my scores will be sent out to every single school, does that mean this will happen automatically? or do I have to do something?

Automatically.

I still haven't submitted. Waiting on the committee to comment on my PS. If I hear nothing from them by tomorrow at 3:00pm, I will submit.

I still haven't submitted. Waiting on the committee to comment on my PS. If I hear nothing from them by tomorrow at 3:00pm, I will submit.

You may as well wait until Tuesday or Wednesday since your app won't be sent to schools until next Friday