**2014 Application Timeline Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

In what batch was your COMPLETED (that means everything received and verified!) application?

• Total voters
You may as well wait until Tuesday or Wednesday since your app won't be sent to schools until next Friday
Still needs to be verified too. From what I understand, that can take up to a couple weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Forgot about that. In that case, submit whenever you're ready. As long as everything is in by the end of the month I believe you're still considered early.

Forgot about that. In that case, submit whenever you're ready. As long as everything is in by the end of the month I believe you're still considered early.
Does that include committee letter? I have my mock interview in a week, which is the last thing they need to do to write the letter. Takes them about a 3-5 business days produce the letter. I figured that if I submit sooner than later, my GPA will be verified and the committee letter will arrive within a week of each other. Is my thinking correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does that include committee letter? I have my mock interview in a week, which is the last thing they need to do to write the letter. Takes them about a 3-5 business days produce the letter. I figured that if I submit sooner than later, my GPA will be verified and the committee letter will arrive within a week of each other. Is my thinking correct?

If the only thing you're missing is your committee letter, there's literally NO reason that you just shouldn't go ahead and submit.

Well, I'm trying to get some more feedback on my PS from the committee. That's the only thing stopping me from submitting today.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/15/2014
Reapplicant?: No
DAT Taken: 7/3/2014
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Not yet...
Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/21
Transcript(s) Received: 6/28
GPA Verified: 7/16
Date Application Mailed: 7/18
Residency: Kansas
Schools Applied To: Alabama, Harvard, UMKC, UTHSC, UT-San Antonio, Texas A&M/Baylor, AT-Stills AZ, Midwestern AZ, Colorado
GPA and DAT: 3.57 science/ 3.64 overall and 24AA

Unfortunately I didn't know a whole lot about the application process until recently and I leave for South Africa on a mission trip for 2 weeks on monday. With that being said it might be a little while before I hear back since I wont be able to access any supplemental applications until I get back. Does anyone think I will run into any issues or should I be fine?

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/15/2014

DAT Taken: Aug 2013
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Aug 2013

Transcript(s) Submitted: some time in mid-late May?
Transcript(s) Received: 06/11/2014
GPA Verified: 7/15/2014 (30 min after my app submission)

Date Application Mailed: 7/18/2014

LOE: 4

Residency: state with 1 dental school
Schools Applied To: UCSF, UOP, Columbia, NYU, Baylor...12 total.
GPA and DAT: GPA3.97, sGPA4.0. AA/TS/PAT: 23/24/22 (I posted a breakdown)

These supplements though...

Does anyone know if schools will look at your application before all your LOE are submitted?

Varies by school, the short answer is some will grant interviews, some will not. You're solid though, you should get a flood of invites soon.

Thank you! I will email my LOE writers every other day so they will send those in quickly. (JK.)

Last edited:
does anyone know why I have two mailing dates? On AADSAS, I have 7/7/14- Mailed and underneath it says, 7/18/14- not mailed

oh I think its cause I made a small spell change under my Biographic Information. Will schools resend their secondaries to me again? And do you think it will make schools start over with reviewing my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
This kind of died, so I'm bumping it. Even though the first few batches have been sent out, this can still be helpful for others who are waiting on stuff! (And it'll definitely be helpful for folks next year.) :)

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/22/2014

DAT Taken: 1/23/14 and 7/17/14
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: First one: 2/06/14, waiting on the second

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/4/14
Transcript(s) Received: 6/12/14
GPA Verified: 7/23

Date Application Mailed: N/A

Residency: Georgia
Schools Applied To: GRU, Alabama, UF, MUSC, Louisville, and UNC
GPA and DAT: 3.84 overall/ 3.77 science and 21 AA, 21 PAT, 19 TS

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/19/2014

DAT Taken: 6/30/2014
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 7/17/2014

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/9/2014
Transcript(s) Received: 6/16/2014
GPA Verified: 7/23/2014

Date Application Mailed: 7/25/2014

Residency: Arizona
Schools Applied To: 15... so far (including all WISCHE schools except UCLA and Loma Linda)
GPA and DAT: cGPA 3.75 / sGPA 3.5

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/25/14

DAT Taken: 6/26/14 (I didn't request scores until 7/28/14)
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 7/30/14

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/3/14
Transcript(s) Received: 6/17/14
GPA Verified: 7/25/14

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 8/1/14 (First 2)
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 7/19/14 (First 2); Waiting on 3rd

Date Application Mailed: 8/1/14 (7th Batch)

Residency: California
Schools Applied To: UCLA, UCSF, UOP, Western, USC

GPA:
BCP -
Science - 3.96
Non-Science - 3.71
Total - 3.85

DAT:
PAT -
QR - 20
RC - 19
BIO - 19
GC - 24
OC - 22
TS - 21
AA - 21

Research: 1 Year - Solid State Chemistry Lab.

Dental Assistant: 5 Years - US Navy

I made the rookie mistake of not requesting any schools receive my DAT scores when I took it over a month ago. I didn't think it was necessary because I thought I had ample time before submitting my application for it to upload onto my record, but I guess it doesn't send at all unless you release the scores. I went on the ADA website today and made the payments. Do you guys think that it update on my application by the time they mail out my application?

*** UPDATES ***
Supplementals:
UCSF - 8/1/14

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/25/14

DAT Taken: 6/26/2014
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: N/A

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/3/14
Transcript(s) Received: 6/17/14
GPA Verified: 7/25/14

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered:
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 7/19/14

Date Application Mailed: N/A

Residency: California
Schools Applied To: UCLA, UCSF, UOP, Western, USC

GPA:
BCP -
Science - 3.96
Non-Science - 3.71
Total - 3.85

DAT:
PAT -
QR - 20
RC - 19
BIO - 19
GC - 24
OC - 22
TS - 21
AA - 21

Research: 1 Year - Solid State Chemistry Lab.

Dental Assistant: 5 Years - US Navy

I made the rookie mistake of not requesting any schools receive my DAT scores when I took it over a month ago. I didn't think it was necessary because I thought I had ample time before submitting my application for it to upload onto my record, but I guess it doesn't send at all unless you release the scores. I went on the ADA website today and made the payments. Do you guys think that it update on my application by the time they mail out my application?

It'll take about 2-3 weeks for the ADA to send it out and for ADEA to process it. The application will definitely be mailed out before your DAT scores gets to them but it'll be fine.

It'll take about 2-3 weeks for the ADA to send it out and for ADEA to process it. The application will definitely be mailed out before your DAT scores gets to them but it'll be fine.

Thanks, DentalDoge! That's good to know.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/29/2014

DAT Taken: 6/17/2014
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 7/2/2014

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/02/2014
Transcript(s) Received: 06/18/2014
GPA Verified: 07/30/2014 (submitted at 10:00pm EDT the previous night)

Date Application Mailed: 08/01/2014

Residency: Virginia
Schools Applied To: MWU-AZ, USC, Western, LECOM, Nova, UF, Louisville, Maryland, NYU, CWRU, Pitt, VCU, WVU
GPA and DAT: cGPA 3.54, sGPA 3.35 AA 19/TS 19/PAT 19

Can I expect my application to be mailed this Friday, August 1st? Or will it be in the following mailing?

Edit: called AADSAS, they said it will go out this Friday. What batch will this be?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Great info, Daneosaurus! I was curious about whether it would be mailed out this Friday as well. Hopefully someone knows which batch this is. I was afraid I was way late to the game. I really took my time with my personal statement.

Great info, Daneosaurus! I was curious about whether it would be mailed out this Friday as well. Hopefully someone knows which batch this is. I was afraid I was way late to the game. I really took my time with my personal statement.
I believe August 1st would be the 7th batch!

Reactions: 1 users
I guess dental schools can access your app immediately - got an email from UMD an hour ago that I am complete. It's happening!

Reactions: 1 user
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 07/19/2014
Reapplicant?: Yes

DAT Taken: 07/23/2013
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 08/09/2013

Transcript(s) Submitted: 06/03/2014
Transcript(s) Received: 06/10/2014
GPA Verified: 07/21/2014

Date Application Mailed: 07/25/2014 (6th batch)

Residency: CA
Schools Applied To: 11 schools (all in CA, BU, NYU, Oregon, UW, UNLV)
GPA and DAT: BCP 3.23, sGPA 3.34, oGPA 3.46 AA23 TS23 PAT24

Hopefully get acceptance this year... ;)

7th batch is still "early" yes? Don't refer me to Glimmer's thread on the matter. Lol
Its before August, so I'd say you submitted everything right before the time all the invites start getting sent out for many schools!

Woo! My DAT Scores were uploaded today. I guess they were more forgiving this time around! Updated my timeline post.

In progress meaning the person recommending you hasn't sent it in? If that is the case you need to get them on track. I wouldn't say its hurting you that bad yet though, most schools (~85%) haven't sent out interview invitations yet. If you have bad-avg stats like 18dat and 3.3 gpa then I would say it is hurting you to an extent. This is because schools that may want to invite stats like those are already sending out interviews (lecom, nova, midwestern, etc.)

Good luck! I hope that last LOE comes in soon!