General Admissions & OTCAS 2014 Bay Path MOT applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOT_Applicant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Has anyone applied to Bay Path's MOT Program for fall 2014????

I submitted my application at the end of December and I was told that I will find out if I got accepted next month (February) via email.

Reply back if you're applying to Bay Path as well! And post your stats if you can!

Here are my stats:

Overall undergrad GPA: 3.91 (Major Early Childhood Education)
Pre-reg GPA ~3.4 (as of now.... still one more class to take)
OT Shadowing: Shadowed Pediatric OT at Elementary School
Volunteer Experience: Nursing Home/Rehab Center, Hospital (Maternity Ward), Retirement Community

I can't wait to find out!!! This process has been so stressful!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I applied to Bay Path's MOT program for fall 2014 as well! I heard from someone I know in the program that they didn't tell people last year until April/May, so that would be AWESOME if we found out in february!! It has definitely been a stressful process! Where else did you apply? I applied to Bay Path, Worcester State, UNH, and University of New England!

Yeah I heard the deadline last year was a lot later I think it was in March! So hopefully we hear sooner than that! BPC was the only school I applied too so far because I really want to go there. I know I probably shouldn't put all my eggs in one basket but I'm also thinking of applying to AIC as we'll since they have rolling admissions. Let me know as soon as you find out and good luck !!!!! :)

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to tell me if you don't wanna but I was just curious!

Members don't see this ad :)
BPC is my top choice too! Unless I get into Worcester State, because then I will need to decide if its worth spending almost 2/3 times as much to attend BPC. Downside is WS is a 3 year program, but its close to my house so I could live at home. It's going to be a tough decision! I am just hoping I get in SOMEWHERE and do not have to go through the entire application process again next year.

I am taking A&P2 right now, so my pre reqs are not done!
Overall undergrad GPA:3.172 ( I am double minoring in mathematics and education… mathematics was my original major, which is why my GPA is on the low end)
Major GPA (Psychology): 3.442
Pre-req GPA (without A&P2): ~3.6
OT Shadowing: OT in preK

Yeah I hear you! I probably should have applied to more schools but hopefully I won't need to! I can't wait until we find out! Do you know how many applicants they're getting this year? I know they accept about 120 I believe but I'm wondering if they're getting a lot more applicants.

I was told the acceptance rate was 67%, so that would mean roughly around 185 are expected to apply… could be more or less this year, who knows!

I applied as well, and am excited to here back. I applied to UNC (got an interview for February 7th), NYU, Columbia, and BU. I am a double major in exercise and sport science and psychology.
Overall GPA: 3.794
Pre-req GPA: 3.94
OT Shadowing: acute, adult rehab, pediatric rehab, inpatient, outpatient, home care, long term living/retirement community (~215 hours)

Reactions: 1 user
Woah.
A.L.L. you have really good stats!
Thanks, it's nice to hear that. I've mostly applied to really competitive schools so it's still very nerve racking, but I'm trying to stay optimistic. There are so many competitive applicants and only a limited amount of schools with very limited class sizes. I know I'm a strong applicant, but I know I'm not the only one. I cannot wait for this process to be over and to know where I will be going or living. :nailbiting:

Im only a Junior, so I will be experiencing this process at the end of this year. getting nervous just thinking about applying....
Its like watching everyone run a marathon & puke on the sidelines, knowing that you are up to run it next.
gahh

I just found this! Has anyone had an interview yet? I had one last week and it sounds like they will be getting decisions out next month.

I just found this! Has anyone had an interview yet? I had one last week and it sounds like they will be getting decisions out next month.

I didn't know bay path did interviews!! Who interviewed you? I've talked to a couple of MOT students at bay path and they didn't have interviews last year or the years before.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's so weird. I hope that isn't a bad sign that I had one.
I found this other baypath thread and people were talking about interviews on it here is the link

That's so weird. I hope that isn't a bad sign that I had one.
I found this other baypath thread and people were talking about interviews on it here is the link
I think you forgot to post the link?

I don't know why it won't work this discussion board says the moderator has to approve the link before I can post it. But if you search on this website the title of the forum is 'bay path college?' And it was started by 'preOTkid'
Also right below this discussion board it says 'similar threads' and it is the first one on that list.
I hope that makes sense!

From that forum it appears that some people received interviews and others didn't and both were accepted. Maybe they interview people they aren't sure about and want to get to know better before they accept them into the program? Jay13, I think as long as you thought the interview went well, then you are in a better position than the rest of us who didn't get interviews...since you at least know they are interested in you.

From that forum it appears that some people received interviews and others didn't and both were accepted. Maybe they interview people they aren't sure about and want to get to know better before they accept them into the program? Jay13, I think as long as you thought the interview went well, then you are in a better position than the rest of us who didn't get interviews...since you at least know they are interested in you.
Yeaa I haven't received an interview either, kind of freaking out about that! What kind of questions did they ask you on the interview if you don't mind me asking.

It was pretty general. Why I want OT, why I want bay path, I also have a lot of volunteer/observation hours so they asked what drives me to do so many. It was really brief only 20 minutes or so.
I'm also kind of freaking out because I am the only one that had one! I really hope that's not because they are unsure about me

Don't worry about it jay13, the fact that you had an interview is a def a good sign! I think it always helps to meet the candidate in person. I'm sure they're def interested in you :)

And did they tell you they were going to let people know in march ? Or this month?? Cause I was told last month that it would be this month. I just wanna find out already! :-/

I was told 'a couple of weeks' which would put it in march.
I just want to find out too! I check my email constantly.

that's a little nerve racking :/ I didn't know that bpc had interviews! when I last contacted them it was just said that applicants would be notified in February, nothing about an interview or anything.

I am assuming it must be what other people have said. They must be on the fence about me

I see what you mean, this is so nerve raking :shrug: Im really hoping to get in :/ but my stats are, average at best? I am just hoping we really do hear by this month/ beginning of next.

I'm not buying it that one person had an interview and the rest didn't. I was accepted in 2012 and never had an interview. Neither did the other students who were accepted. I call BS and everyone is believing this? lol If Bay Path interviewed some but not others it would probably lead to a discrimination lawsuit because of all the politically correct nonsense that goes around these days. I doubt Bay Path would be that dumb. Besides, if they conducted interviews it would be on their website as a requirement.

I got my letter of acceptance today! :) They sent an email and I didn't have to interview. Did anyone else hear back!?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats amy_OT, I am still waiting to here back! Hopefully I'll find out soon!

I got my letter of acceptance today! :) They sent an email and I didn't have to interview. Did anyone else hear back!?
Im hoping i do soon! Congrats! Was it a generic letter? Are you at thr beginning of the alphabet?

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: I can't wait to find out I hope they notify me this week! I just want to know!!:arghh:

Im hoping i do soon! Congrats! Was it a generic letter? Are you at thr beginning of the alphabet?

Thanks everyone! :) I wish you all the best of luck!

natalief, I am at the beginning of the alphabet. My last name also starts with A, but I also submitted my application back in October.. I forget if BPC is rolling admissions or not..

It was generic, and attached was a deposit and immunization form.

Amy- CONGRATS!! did u get an email or a letter in the mail? Do you mind posting your stats?

I received an email!

My overall GPA is 3.1 and prerequisite GPA is a 3.5 (so those with average stats still have a chance!)

I have 400+ volunteer hours in two different hospital settings (pediatric and rehab) and I work at an OT office. I'm also CPR certified

JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER VIA EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!! My last name starts with the letter P. A friend of mine was accepted as well today and her last name begins with V. I don't know if they're going by alphabetical order or not, so don't lose hope! Good luck everyone!!

Did Lynn email you guys ?

Thanks!!!! My last name starts with the letter P. A friend of mine was accepted as well today and her last name begins with V. I don't know if they're going by alphabetical order or not, so don't lose hope! Good luck everyone!!

No, the email was from someone named Elizabeth Dowding.

Congrats MOT_Applicant! :D

Thanks Amy u too!!! :highfive:

And to J2uby: Mine was also sent by Elizabeth Dowding and the email was also CC'd to Lynn George and another person named Elizabeth. The dean of students Diane ranaldi wrote a message towards the end of the email I got also. And It also came attached with 2 forms as well (the immunization form and the 100$ deposit form due in May)

I received mine as well yesterday!! Woo hoo!! Good luck everyone. Those who have been accepted, are you attending for sure?

Congrats natalief! :) I'm still waiting to hear back from 6 more schools, and I'm hoping to get accepted somewhere closer to home. If not though, I will definitely be attending!

Those attending would you like to connect on FB? Chat a bit before class begins (in 6 short months)? If so I am under Natalie Marie. Congrats!

I got my acceptance yesterday via email as well!! I am still waiting to hear back from others schools but I am very interested in Bay Path!!

JW- for the people who got accepted…. are any of you college seniors? Or have you taken time off after undergrad? I'm a college senior, so I am wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

I took a year off to save some money for school. I graduated from college may 2013

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

I am a college senior but in Bay Path's Saturday program. (Not of traditional age.)

I just got my acceptance letter last week!! For other students my stats were:
BS in Exercise Physiology
Major GPA: 3.45
Cum GPA: 3.04
Pre-req GPA: 3.7
100 hours OT shadow hours in rehabilitation hospital
30 hours volunteer work at Autism Clinic
200 hours of paid work as a Physical Therapy Aide

soo excited!! who all is attending?? I was told there was roughly 350-400 applicants this year and they said they would take a cohort of around 100 for Fall 2014.

Congrats Sally123! I am still waiting to hear back!