General Admissions & OTCAS 2014 Bay Path MOT applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am sure you will hear back soon aethase! :) Best of luck to you!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I called today and they said I won't find out until next week

I called today and they said I won't find out until next week

I wonder how they determine when to inform/notify who gets accepted .. Like how would they know yours will be notified next week or this week .. When did you apply aethase?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in the middle of December. It's not alphabetical and it's not in order of when they received applications... So I have no idea how they are deciding....

Phew so there's still a chance for the rest of us!

Random question...

Where did you guys put information on your volunteer hours?? Did you put it in the additional information section of your application or in your resume?

Phew so there's still a chance for the rest of us!

Random question...

Where did you guys put information on your volunteer hours?? Did you put it in the additional information section of your application or in your resume?

I put my information on my resume under "Occupational Therapy Related Experience/Volunteer Work", but I also emailed Lynn a copy of my volunteer hours.

I put my information on my resume under "Occupational Therapy Related Experience/Volunteer Work", but I also emailed Lynn a copy of my volunteer hours.
I submitted letters of hour verification from the supervisor of each location that I volunteered at so they had a background of what you did and how many hours. They said you can submit it anyway just so they see the experience, it will benefit you!!

Hey guys! So happy i found this forum :) I too was recently accepted into bay path's ot program and will most likely be attending.. I went to see the school a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it, it was such a beautiful campus in a nice area.. any idea where you all are going to be living?

Congrats!! Lynn George said she will be sending out a google doc of the accepted students for Fall 2014 so we can figure out housing arrangements!

Congrats! I spoke with Lynn George and she said that the google doc will not be available until May, so I've been trying to do some outside research of the area. I have noticed that there isn't a lot of housing available in Longmeadow.

I know! not any housing at all, I am from california originally just moved to north carolina with family so I def don't know the area either. I am told springfield area is full of crime so not to live there. I am looking into enfield, ct close to school but not in springfield. have you looked there?? I am going to probably wait until May when the google doc comes out to see options since that still gives us a few months to find housing. What kind of living arrangements are you looking for?

From when I visited, I heard that many of the girls live in Enfield ct since it is cheaper than longmeadow and close by.. also they said something about a Facebook page being formed so everyone can meet eachother or find a roommate :) that's cool about the google doc though I didn't know Lynn was doing that! Im prob going to wait for that to come out too

Pretty disappointed in Bay Path… I was told we would find out in february. Last week I called and was told I would find out this week. Now, its Wednesday, halfway through the week and still nothing… the wait continues

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything either. :/

I emailed Lynn again and all she said was "Emails continue to go out this week and next." Which is what I keep being told. They keep pushing back their decision date...

I emailed Lynn again and all she said was "Emails continue to go out this week and next." Which is what I keep being told. They keep pushing back their decision date...

is BPC your #1 choice?

Hello everyone! I created a facebook group for MOT 2014. Please find us and join to chat and get to know each other! facebook.com/groups/741952732504695/

i applied at the end of November and also still have not yet heard back :/ i am freaking out

Reactions: 1 user
im just curious as to if we need to wait because they haven't gotten to our applications yet? or if it is because of other reasons

I think they either got super behind because of all the snow days or someones sick because they are like a month behind… but theres been no explanation in any of the emails… just keep saying "next week"

I got a rejection letter from Bay Path this morning and literally laughed. How does one get accepted to BU and not get accepted to Bay Path?

Reactions: 1 users
i just got a rejection e-mail too but am okay with it. :) i am attending another program that was much higher on my list.

I got a rejection letter from Bay Path this morning and literally laughed. How does one get accepted to BU and not get accepted to Bay Path?
Wow! If you didn't get in then I absolutely did not… you had awesome stats! Are you going to BU?

Wow! If you didn't get in then I absolutely did not… you had awesome stats! Are you going to BU?
If there is one thing I have learned through this process it's that it doesn't make sense. You can have awesome stats and still not be "what they're looking for." Just because I didn't get in, does not mean you won't get in....and I hope that you do get in. Sometimes I wonder if all of the schools I applied to even looked at my application or if they just randomly selected a batch to look at and then selected from that. I am just glad and thankful that I did get into a school and that it was among my top three choices....unfortunately I will have a lot of debt, but I think I will overall be thankful that the decision was made for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi All! I haven't posted yet in this discussion but I've been reading it closely since it started. I applied to Bay Path in December and was told in January (over the phone by Lynn) that Dr. Vaughn (the director of OT admissions) wanted to have a phone interview and that I should email her, so I did and haven't heard back. I followed up with Lynn in February regarding this interview, she said they were really busy. Then I saw an associate director view my page on LinkedIn? Then I followed up this month about this interview that I am SO eager to have, she replied saying they are still busy and that she will forward my email to Dr. Vaughn. So, I've waited almost two months to have this interview. Has anyone else had a phone interview? Has anyone ever spoken to Dr. Vaughn?

I agree with aethase, if "A.L.L." didn't get accepted then I definitely feel that I won't, but I'm surprised I even got a phone interview.

Let me know! I'm so ready for this wait to be over!

Well, I haven't been accepted anywhere else yet. LOL. So, probably. I'm only waiting to hear back from Columbia University...but since NYU didn't want me, I'm not feeling too confident about Columbia.

Still nothing from Bay Path after I was told on March 10th emails would be going out over the next 2 weeks….. Now I'm being told I won't hear back until April. Is anyone else still waiting to hear back?

Hi everyone! I plan on applying here for the 2015 school year. If you were accepted do you mind sharing your stats with me? Thanks a lot!

Also-- when did you apply? I was thinking of applying sometime during the summer.

I also got wait listed yesterday. Does anyone currently attend Bay Path for their undergrad?

How did you all find out about being wait listed? I interviewed on the phone two weeks ago today and haven't heard anything. I keep checking my email and mail but hearing nothing. Did you get a letter in the mail or phone call?

They must have had so many applicants. Fingers crossed.

I got an email about being wait listed. You must have been accepted if you had a phone interview right? I am shocked I got wait listed.. I graduate in May from Bay Path with a 4.0 GPA.

Hi everyone! I plan on applying here for the 2015 school year. If you were accepted do you mind sharing your stats with me? Thanks a lot!

Also-- when did you apply? I was thinking of applying sometime during the summer.

I would highly recommend applying early, I applied first chance I got in the summer and I got my acceptance letter the 2nd week of February for Fall 2014 :). I strongly recommend getting in contact with Lynn George and setting up a time to meet with her because they do not do formal interviews for applicants but I had spoken to her multiple times and she said they like to put a face to their applicants so I would highly advise you set a time and date to meet with her and that gives her the opportunity to get a better idea of who you are and answer any questions for you. I strongly believe that sitting down with her and having that personal one on one time was a decision changing move for me. I only had a 3.06 cumulative undergraduate GPA, had 100 hours of OT shadow hours in a hospital setting, 40 hours working in an autism clinic as an intern during my undergraduate studies, I have a BS in Exercise Physiology (Pre Therapy) and my prereq GPA was a 3.75. I flew all the way from California to meet with her and make it a priority of mine and I highly advise doing this because I was told that they got well over 400 applications for 100 spots. Best of Luck, Hope this helps! :)

Congrats!!! Did you just find out in an email today? Awesome!!!

I was wait listed back in March and I received a call this morning saying I GOT IN!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!! I had my phone interview four weeks ago & was never wait listed but not denied yet either so I'm confused and it all very overwhelming. Congrats to both of you though!!

JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER VIA EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello my I got into bay path ot program I wanted to know are you still in the program. I wanted to ask you some questions concerning the program. Thank you