2014 Biology DAT Destroyer #1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mpatel24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The question is asking what time did dinosaurs first appear?

While I did get the question right, I just narrowed down the answer choices using process of elimination.

I searched on ADA DAT guidelines, and nowhere does it say we have to know the periods and eras of the evolution of species.

Should we still know these random facts like dinosaurs first appeared 230 million years ago and were extinct 65 million years ago?

I could not find any information on eras in KBB, Cliffs, Barron's, Ferallis, or Schaum's.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, I got a few questions on my test about that stuff. Took it 4 days ago. Didn't find that info in any of my prep materials either, and I used everything you're using plus Campbell's 8th Ed. It still pisses me off thinking about it haha

Must have showed up on a past DAT question to have appeared on the Destroyer. Most destroyer questions are from prior exams!

haha, don't forget ADA are not always on top of updating their guidlines. However, they mean that under the ecology section.