2014 Community College/Advancement Placement and DS Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dental school's views on community college and advanced placement courses for prerequisites and elective has not changed much since 2013. It is still advisable to avoid community college courses for prerequisites as much as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2014 CC-AP and DS Admission 5-7-14.doc
    211 KB · Views: 492
Dental school's views on community college and advanced placement courses for prerequisites and elective has not changed much since 2013. It is still advisable to avoid community college courses for prerequisites as much as possible.

wow this is really helpful! thank you!!

As I said in another thread, at the time I applied, over half of my credits, including over half of the prereqs, were taken at a CC. Pitt stated that they want no more than 1/3 of credits taken at CC. Still, I got accepted and will be attending this fall. This is probably more of a recommendation than a hard and fast rule.

As I said in another thread, at the time I applied, over half of my credits, including over half of the prereqs, were taken at a CC. Pitt stated that they want no more than 1/3 of credits taken at CC. Still, I got accepted and will be attending this fall. This is probably more of a recommendation than a hard and fast rule.
Since school make the rules they can just easily break them. And if they like you, they might even accept a high school dropout. In general, the more important consideration is not how many credits of prereqs were taken at CC, but rather what additional upper level courses were taken.

Reactions: 1 user