2014 Critical Care Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD Dreams

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too late to consider a critical care fellowship spot for July 2014? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

In general, yes. You could always call the programs you are interested in to see if they are full.

Members don't see this ad :)
I should qualify my statement. Can you get a spot for 2014? Yes. At a well-known, highly regarded program? Not likely.

Is it too late to consider a critical care fellowship spot for July 2014? Thanks.

I have no doubt there's plenty of opportunities. Try wash u & Hopkins, I think they both take a lot of fellows as I recall

I have no doubt there's plenty of opportunities. Try wash u & Hopkins, I think they both take a lot of fellows as I recall

I'd be very surprised (from the perspective of someone who applied for 2014 spots last year) if either of these programs (WashU and Hopkins) has a spot open for 2014. Its likely that you can find a spot at a different, less prominent program and by all means contact programs of interest, but don't be surprised if the better/more well known places are full for 2014.

I'd be very surprised (from the perspective of someone who applied for 2014 spots last year) if either of these programs (WashU and Hopkins) has a spot open for 2014. Its likely that you can find a spot at a different, less prominent program and by all means contact programs of interest, but don't be surprised if the better/more well known places are full for 2014.

Times might be a changing I guess.

You can ask here and get opinions or ask the programs directly and get facts. The fellowship PDs should be easy to find on dept websites and would tell you if they had spots left.

People are still interviewing for critical care for july 2014, so I don't think its to late. I would take the advice of calling department and asking. Wash U is still definitely interviewing

I apologize, when I read the OP I somehow thought that he/she was looking for a spot for 2013-2014 (i.e. starting July 2013). I'm sure that there a plenty of great CCM spots still open for July 2014.

Thank you for everyone's guidance!

Hey man, it's a bit late in the game for the competitive programs (UCSF, Columbia, MGH) but you should still be able to secure a great spot. Contact the program coordinators to see if they're still accepting applications. Their contact info is easily accessible on frieda.

Good luck and let us know where you end up!