2014 or 2015 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mavric1298

Long live snugseal
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in a bit of a unique position, in that I can kinda choose to take either exam. I have got a bit of a list of pros/cons together, and I can't seem to figure out which is right for me. Just wanted to see what everyones opinion was, maybe it will help me make some decisions.

So I'll be applying next cycle for 2016 admissions, and until they opened the January 2015 testing dates for the 2014 test, I was set on taking the new one. I am thru gen chem now, and by then I can be finished with ochem and physics as I have them together the next 3 quarters (including summer). My current plan was I have time to also throw in biochem if I push the date out to March, so I would be set for the 2015.

Pro's and Con's.;

I love psych and have taken a bunch of psych/soc classes, so the added content would actually be beneficial for me. Also having biochem under my belt would help for both, but I will only be done with it in time for the 2015. On the other hand, the study material isn't even out yet, the test is now going to be 7 hours (which could be viewed as either a good or bad thing), and who knows if there will be grading/testing/etc issues with it, especially being one of the first rounds.

The other worry I have, is if I need a retake, if I study and plan for the 2014, that puts me in a bit of a bind to try to retake the 2015 in time for apps. I know a lot of the material will bleed over, but your preparing for two different tests.

Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Since you'll have finished all the necessary prereqs, I don't think you could really go wrong either way. The thing to consider would be retakes...I would pick a 2014 test date only if you're absolutely sure you won't be retaking. Having to study for two different tests would really suck.