2014 PHAP application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The group should be searchable. I changed the name to 2014 PHAP Class. Some people are finding it fine and others are having troubles, so I don't know. If you can't find it adding me is probably the easiest way to do it. Name is Alexis Wilson and I went to University of Florida to help you find me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, I havent been on here in a while. Does anyone have Sharons email to reset the SF-61? I dropped the paper I wrote it on in the rain lol

Can someone please remind me which forms are NOT due today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what we do with the TSP 3 form? Especially because it asks for an account number. Did they want it to be faxed by today as well? I feel like they weren't as clear about this form as they should have been.

Does anyone know what we do with the TSP 3 form? Especially because it asks for an account number. Did they want it to be faxed by today as well? I feel like they weren't as clear about this form as they should have been.

The TSP forms cannot be completed until after our first day and have to be conpleted within 60 days. My understanding is that we cannot have an account number until after we are officially employees

Can someone please remind me which forms are NOT due today?

I know its after 5pm now but the forms not due today are those forms we cannot complete until the first day....if you try to submit them in onboarding it wont let you. It is all the forms related to benefits and TSP. I think life insurance enrollment as well

Hello all!

So I keep reading about a webinar and forms that we are suppose to be submitting and unfortunately I did not receive information regarding a webinar so I have missed it! Is there anyone who can paraphrase what was discussed?

Hey everybody, just a bit of advice as you look toward starting soon. It's just my thoughts, maybe @Kiwi1989 or @Sacramento14 can weigh in as well...

First off, you're all going to have very different experiences at your hostsites (assignments, scopes, office dynamics) and you can't control too much of it. But you can control how you react. For me the most important pieces were being flexible, humble, and confident. Success might mean meeting very high expectations while also being able to recognize that the people working around you have significantly more experience than you. Also remember you made it through a very competitive process to be here, so you're pretty great!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everybody, just a bit of advice as you look toward starting soon. It's just my thoughts, maybe @Kiwi1989 or @Sacramento14 can weigh in as well...

First off, you're all going to have very different experiences at your hostsites (assignments, scopes, office dynamics) and you can't control too much of it. But you can control how you react. For me the most important pieces were being flexible, humble, and confident. Success might mean meeting very high expectations while also being able to recognize that the people working around you have significantly more experience than you. Also remember you made it through a very competitive process to be here, so you're pretty great!

I totally agree! PHAPs are known to be flexible, eager to learn and respectful (esp regardless of degree)! Some of you are going into an environment where people will question why you have a higher pay than them when they've been in public health for 15+ years... Be humble and respectful.
We are excited for the incoming 2014 PHAPs as this is like a brother-sisterhood, we all went through the same anxiety attacks and ardous process. Oct. 6 is the beginning of something NEW but trust us, it is not the end. Enjoy the *journey* and feel free to ask and utilize your resources. GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Can any current or past PHAP Associates share some light on sample interview questions pls?