2014 Walgreens offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elle928

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, I did a search and couldn't really find what I was looking for. Does anyone know what the new grad offers have been for walgreens in the philadelphia area? I recently received an offer for $108k for 40 hrs/week, but was been told this was low and that wag was offering their interns closer to 120-125K. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently received an offer for $108k for 40 hrs/week, but was been told this was low

Yeah that's low. When I graduated several years ago, new graduates were making almost $10 per hour more than your offer. That's 20 k a year (not even including inflation). But, I hear PA is pretty saturated. I would ask several questions:

(1) Is the 40 hours a week guarenteed? Is it in writing?
(2) How far is the commute?
(3) When will you start to get 401 k match?
(4) When will you start to get health benefits? How many hours a week do you have to work in order to get it?

Let's be honest, what are you going to do? They are offering it because they know someone else will take the same offer. To be honest thats a wage people were getting nearly 10 years ago. The profession is going south quick.

Members don't see this ad :)
After a few years? What the hell? You guys must be in a super saturated area because all of the new grads here are getting $58-60

Oh gosh, and I actually put Philadelphia as my top 3 for my Wag application. Yuck. Getting upper 60s here on the West Coast.

Oh gosh, and I actually put Philadelphia as my top 3 for my Wag application. Yuck. Getting upper 60s here on the West Coast.

Is this middle of nowhere West Coast, or in a city?

I am have friend is started in recent and got $68/hour

Mountain west / southwest .. $64 , small city.. 108k.. you may want to renegotiate ... friend in Denver (very saturated city) said wags is doing about $58 there and that is considered their lowest paying district in the west.

Basic economics

More people want to live in a big city (ie philadelphia) than a small town.
Hence, salaries will be lower.
The more desirable the location, the lower the salary, regardless of cost of living

Lived in Philth for three summers. My LEAST favorite east coast city. To one of the posters above, its a hybrid of both. Check out my past posts for more info.