2015-16 TMDSAS Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Were you accepted off any of these waitlists?

• Total voters
TX still goes by the April 30th rule right? Haven't seen much movement in the TX threads :/
I have seen 2 each say they were accepted off wait list at UT Houston and UT San Antonio HSC. They are posting in the specific threads for each school and not on the wait list threads

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on four waitlists: UTMB, A&M, Tech, and UTHSCSA. I am getting worried because I haven't heard anything...

Do you mind sharing whether or not you e-mailed, called them, or sent anything?
I sent A&M an update letter about a month ago, as well as Baylor. I did not bother sending updates to any other schools because they were pretty straight forward about not accepting them.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think I've ever checked my email this many times in a day as I have over the last week. D: I don't know if the minimal WL movement at Texas schools can be viewed as a good-ish thing ("they're all going to come out in a huge batch any day now, just watch!") or a bad one ("everyone who matched is 100% happy where they're at and they've already made plans with leasing and roommates and there's no hope for anyone else!")

Yes, I'm being a bit dramatic, but holy cow I want to know what I'm doing with my life in 2.5 months. :bang:

Reactions: 5 users
I don't think I've ever checked my email this many times in a day as I have over the last week. D: I don't know if the minimal WL movement at Texas schools can be viewed as a good-ish thing ("they're all going to come out in a huge batch any day now, just watch!") or a bad one ("everyone who matched is 100% happy where they're at and they've already made plans with leasing and roommates and there's no hope for anyone else!")

Yes, I'm being a bit dramatic, but holy cow I want to know what I'm doing with my life in 2.5 months. :bang:
You're not alone. Hopefully that makes you feel a tiny bit better about it ;).

Reactions: 1 user
Holy crap, just got accepted to UTRGV off the waitlist! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on everyone getting off waitlists! I am waitlisted at Tech Lubbock and TCOM. Has anyone heard any news off people getting acceptances from these schools?

Congrats on everyone getting off waitlists! I am waitlisted at Tech Lubbock and TCOM. Has anyone heard any news off people getting acceptances from these schools?

No news from those schools as far as I can tell. There has been some movement in other Texas schools though. I expected more movement across the board by now.

I will say we have had some new people joining the class group for Texas Tech, so I assume that means people are getting off the waitlist! Good luck yall!

I noticed TCOM is not included in the list above. Is there a particular reason for excluding TCOM?

I will say we have had some new people joining the class group for Texas Tech, so I assume that means people are getting off the waitlist! Good luck yall!

Would you mind telling us how many people joined the group? On the TTU-Lubbock thread, it looks like 3 people withdrew in the last couple weeks, and it was mentioned that the admissions office said a "very small number" of waitlist acceptances have been given. I'm curious if it is 3 people and therefore a "very small number" because if so, the office also said more would be coming soon. If it is much more than 3, we should probably give up hope for their particular waitlist.

I noticed TCOM is not included in the list above. Is there a particular reason for excluding TCOM?

Sorry about that. Poll capabilities only allow for 10 options, so I went with the allopathic schools. Feel free to post about any TCOM news here!

In the spirit of anonymity I'm going to say how jealous I am. I'd be over the MOON if I get off the waitlist at TAMHSC. But I'm grateful to have a shot at becoming a doctor. It's funny how at first the dream is to just make it anywhere,and then all of a sudden the wish is to make it somewhere specific.

In the spirit of anonymity I'm going to say how jealous I am. I'd be over the MOON if I get off the waitlist at TAMHSC. But I'm grateful to have a shot at becoming a doctor. It's funny how at first the dream is to just make it anywhere,and then all of a sudden the wish is to make it somewhere specific.

Something very similar happens when you apply for residency. ;-)

Large dogs

No I completely get you. My fiance and I can be students together, instead of 6 hours apart. I was so lightheaded when I got that call, I thought I was dreaming.

ACCEPTED off of WL today at A&M. IS. Interviewed 10/29/15

Don't lose hope guys!!!

Reactions: 6 users
someone posted on the Baylor thread that they had been offered a spot off the WL, other than that I have seen no Texas news today
Also, someone (who incidentally got into UTSW off the waitlist 2 weeks ago) got into Dell off the waitlist today. (in-state)

2 weeks until the dreaded June 1st deadline :(

Is it me or have the TX waitlists been super quiet this year...?

2 weeks until the dreaded June 1st deadline :(

Is it me or have the TX waitlists been super quiet this year...?

Judging by older threads, yes it has been extremely quiet. Hopefully we see some movement this week!

Texas Hold 'Em: after a slow week, WL invitations are being dealt out like cards across a poker table!
On 5/17-5/18 I saw on various Texas message threads
1 Baylor WL offer
1 Lubbock WL offer
1 Dell WL offer
1 UTRGV WL offer
3 UTSW WL offers!
Of course if people switch to the newly offered spots, the cards will be reshuffled and dealt again!

Reactions: 3 users
Texas Hold 'Em: after a slow week, WL invitations are being dealt out like cards across a poker table!
On 5/17-5/18 I saw on various Texas message threads
1 Baylor WL offer
1 Lubbock WL offer
1 Dell WL offer
1 UTRGV WL offer
3 UTSW WL offers!
Of course if people switch to the newly offered spots, the cards will be reshuffled and dealt again!

Thanks for the update wys, keep up the good work.

Texas Weekend update:
2 accepted off TAMU WL (5/18 and 5/20)
1 accepted off Texas Tech WL 5/20
2 accepted off Baylor WL (5/20 and 5/21), both Out-of-state applicants
best wishes for a Manic Monday

Texas Weekend update:
2 accepted off TAMU WL (5/18 and 5/20)
1 accepted off Texas Tech WL 5/20
2 accepted off Baylor WL (5/20 and 5/21), both Out-of-state applicants
best wishes for a Manic Monday

need UTMB to start sending out offers now :3

UTRGV admissions said that the class is pretty solid and that they're looking to release everyone from the waitlist in the next two weeks :( almost feels like unrequited love

Even they can't predict the future. I know for a fact that several in the class are only going contingent on not getting accepted elsewhere. Keep the hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Texas Lone Prairie
Hear the crickets?
Waitlist silence - looked at all Texas med school threads and TMSDAS WL thread this morning and I see no posts about acceptances since 5/21 when I last updated my Texas watch. Of course there could have been things happening with students who are not SDN members.
6 more days y'all, for those hoping to move up to a more desired school if you already have a spot.
A few more weeks of possibilities (until orientation) for those waiting with no offers so far.

Even they can't predict the future. I know for a fact that several in the class are only going contingent on not getting accepted elsewhere. Keep the hope!

Well that's good to hear for those not waiting on this school in a sense. I'm assuming they're waitlisted at other schools, come June 1st they'll lose those spots and it ups the chances of others also on those lists.