2015-2016 Louisiana State University - Shreveport Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Question: Has anyone else developed a wonderful appreciation for the ADCOM completely based off of the answers on the FAQ page?

Members don't see this ad :)
Question: Has anyone else developed a wonderful appreciation for the ADCOM completely based off of the answers on the FAQ page?

Yeah, the sarcasm and blunt answers are pretty hilarious.

Hey guys. Third time, here we go!

Jaba, any word? Rooting for ya.

Lol that FAQ page has Dr. Kennedy written all over it.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys. Third time, here we go!

Jaba, any word? Rooting for ya.

Thank you very much! Nothing yet though. Got my things in order for a second go around though.

any one else doing book reports for the this admission cycle? haha

Goodluck to everybody in this thread, especially you few from last cycles thread still waiting.

I'll be a MS1 this fall and my wife is applying this cycle early decision. I'm more than happy to answer any questions anybody has!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary Apps went out this morning. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Does your link work?

In the email? Yes

On the Website? That's a big ole Negative Ghostrider.

I thought it was the computer im on but I guess they aren't working for anyone.

My link worked. If you have your secondary from last year saved on your computer, it is exactly the same. So you can just reuse it.

How are y'all answering the experience section of the secondary without making it repetitive of the primary? Are y'all just listing an experience for each category or actually providing a description and how it is most fulfilling?

So what if I have 4 people that are sending letters from my university's faculty? There are only 3 spots. Can I just put it in the "Non-Faculty" place with a (Faculty) next to it?

Did anyone take the new MCAT? What scores do you think Shreveport will accept?

So what if I have 4 people that are sending letters from my university's faculty? There are only 3 spots. Can I just put it in the "Non-Faculty" place with a (Faculty) next to it?
I'm sure that's fine. You may want to call Mrs. Hill and make sure though.

Did anyone take the new MCAT? What scores do you think Shreveport will accept?
Dr. Kennedy said they're unsure of "what the new scores mean"... but I don't think it's a case of what they will accept or not, just a different interpretation of the scores.

:00000 CALL EM

Last edited:
can someone post the link to the secondary?? plz

Anyone else just get an update saying nothing is in your file yet? I mailed it in satruday and had my letters sent in weeks ago

You got the same?

For the most meaningfuls, spaces don't count, right? I copied and pasted my statements and they were all well within the assigned boxes with 300 characters or less not including spaces. However, spaces provide a different story. Maybe I am just being a bit neurotic though?

You got the same?
I mailed mine on Wednesday July 8th and my receipt from the post office said it will be there on the 11th. My e-mail from Shreveport on July 16 said I had everything on file. Hope this helps a bit.

Sent it in today! Post office said it would either be in on the 23rd or 24th! IS RD! Can't wait to interview with y'all and hopefully be future classmates!

Just got an update. File is complete. Ready to go.

Still waiting for Shreve to send me my secondary! I submitted my primary at the beginning of the month and it is still being verified but Nola sent me their secondary already. Already stressing!

Still waiting for Shreve to send me my secondary! I submitted my primary at the beginning of the month and it is still being verified but Nola sent me their secondary already. Already stressing!
They don't send a secondary until you're verified