*** 2015-2016 MD/PhD Acceptances ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ADW1994

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's early, but since I was starting a rejection thread I figured I had to start an acceptances thread (you need the ying with the yang).

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) click quote on the most recent list
2) delete the " " tags on the top and bottom
3) add your user name, (Interview invite date, Acceptance date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, add the school name to the list)
4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located.
5) Enter Submit

Legend:
I: Interview date
A: Acceptance date

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
3) add your user name, (Interview invite date, Acceptance date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, add the school name to the list)
4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located.
5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Chicago: 26point2 (I: 9/14, A: 10/15)

Reactions: 7 users
5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Congrats! Hoping this is the first of many for all of us! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, @26point2!!!! How did you hear about it?? Were you crazy excited?!??!? So glad to see an acceptance already. This is absolutely fantastic. And like ADW1994 says, I am hoping this is just the beginning.... :soexcited:

Today is the first day that programs can offer acceptances. Each school offers acceptances once critical mass of applicants have been interviewed and committees meet. Within 2 weeks, about a third of the MD/PhD programs begin offering a few acceptances. My admissions committee, for example, was unable to meet this week, it would be until the end of next week.

Its been a good day

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Pittsburgh: 26point2 (I: 9/17, A: 10/15)

Reactions: 6 users
Looks like we're on the same wavelength, 26.2 :D

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Chicago: 26point2 (I: 9/14, A: 10/15), psf73 (I: 9/14, A: 10/15)
University of Pittsburgh: 26point2 (I: 9/17, A: 10/15), psf73 (I: 8/31, A: 10/15)

Reactions: 4 users
Chicago partayyy yayyyyyy

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Chicago: 26point2 (I: 9/14, A: 10/15), psf73 (I: 9/14, A: 10/15), BR2016 (I: 9/14 A: 10/15)
University of Pittsburgh: 26point2 (I: 9/17, A: 10/15), psf73 (I: 8/31, A: 10/15)

It's beginning!!!!!

I'm glad the programs I interviewed at said they'd get back to me vaguely in "late october/early november," otherwise I wouldn't be able to do any work at all today!

Reactions: 1 user
This is super exciting! Congratulations everyone!!! :D

All aboard the UChicago train!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Chicago: 26point2 (I: 9/14, A: 10/15), psf73 (I: 9/14, A: 10/15), BR2016 (I: 9/14 A: 10/15), neurotroph (I: 9/29 A: 10/15)

Reactions: 7 users
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE ACCEPTANCES ALREADY REPORTED!!!! You guys are rockstars. On the first day possible, you've already found out that you're GOING to be a physician scientist! How amazing is that?! I'm so excited for you all and strangely proud of you all, even though I don't know you :) I hope you've had a fun few days celebrating and that you love wherever you end up! CONGRATS again!!
@26point2 and @psf73 special shoutout to you both for killing it with 2 acceptances LOL. You must be bouncing off the walls excited! No worries though because if you're not, I am for you! Hehehe congrats!!

Members don't see this ad :)
lol is there a thread for people who got waitlisted? LOL

Reactions: 3 users
Good news from Atlanta

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Emory: 26point2 (I: 9/28, A: 10/19)
University of Chicago: 26point2 (I: 9/14, A: 10/15), psf73 (I: 9/14, A: 10/15), BR2016 (I: 9/14 A: 10/15), neurotroph (I: 9/29 A: 10/15)

Good news from Atlanta

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Emory: 26point2 (I: 9/28, A: 10/19)
You already got the snail mail??? Or did your portal change?

EDIT: Sorry Congratulations!!!!:soexcited:

EMORY +1!!!!!! Wow what an honor!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Emory: 26point2 (I: 9/28, A: 10/19), Allaboutthatbass (I:9/28, A:10/19)

Awww so kind of you @nmusdposter ! Sending all my "tiny school" good vibes to you too!! You are so amazing and there is no way Emory did not notice that! All the best!

Accepted to Penn State Hershey's MD/PhD program!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Penn State Hershey: Want2beaDr2 (I: 10/5, A: 10/15)

Reactions: 2 users
Got a call from San Antonio, left my samples cooking on the TEM while I ran a quick circle around the building!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

UT San Antonio: Nanorust (I: 8/24, A: 10/23)

The national MD/PhD report for the 2016 cycle already shows 52 acceptances with 1737 verified applicants. For the 2015 cycle, the final report came out a few days ago; there were 749 MD/PhD Acceptances out of 1856 Applicants (40.4% acceptance rate) with 623 matriculating in 2015 class and 22 deferrals for a future year.

SDNer's are showing 10 acceptances for 7 applicants likely out the 52 accepted applicants already posted in AMCAS, that is a pretty good rate.

Last edited:
The national MD/PhD report for the 2016 cycle already shows 52 acceptances with 1737 verified applicants. For the 2015 cycle, the final report came out a few days ago; there were 749 MD/PhD Acceptances out of 1856 Applicants (40.4% acceptance rate) with 623 matriculating in 2015 class and 22 deferrals for a future year.

SDNer's are showing 10 acceptances for 7 applicants likely out the 52 accepted applicants already posted in AMCAS, that is a pretty good rate.
Is that 52 applicants with acceptances or 52 acceptances among all applicants?

Nope. Was hoping for today but I haven't heard anything!

Same! The suspense is killing me. If I remember correctly the interview invited were sent at the end of the day so maybe we'll get some calls closer to 5?

Agh I hope so! I can't stop checking my phone.

Not to make this the UWisc thread, but did they say it would be today? I remember it being more vague than that ("late October/early November").

Not to make this the UWisc thread, but did they say it would be today? I remember it being more vague than that ("late October/early November").

The committee always meets two weeks after interviews and past threads indicated acceptances on the day of the committee meeting (Friday) or the Monday after.

Ah. Well, we'll all find out soon enough.

Ah. Well, we'll all find out soon enough.

My guess is that they released a couple acceptances (and nobody here was one of the lucky ones) and that the rest of us are on hold until the next round of interviewees comes and they will reevaluate then.

Also wondering about Rutgers RWJMS/Princeton- does anyone that interviewed remember if Dr. Millonig said he would be calling on the 28th or the 29th? I can't remember which of the two it was..

Stony Brook! I got the email right before lunch at another interview - I had to run out of the building and jump up and down!

From two interviews, zero acceptances last year to 13 IIs and at least one acceptance (*knocks on wood*) - people, reapplying is the BEST.

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Stony Brook: MSTPtastic (I: 9/30, A: 10/29)

Reactions: 10 users
Stony Brook! I got the email right before lunch at another interview - I had to run out of the building and jump up and down!

From two interviews, zero acceptances last year to 13 IIs and at least one acceptance (*knocks on wood*) - people, reapplying is the BEST.

So on the subject of reapplying... What did you do to make your application better? Just trying to see what its like cause right now it feels like a depressing option...

So on the subject of reapplying... What did you do to make your application better? Just trying to see what its like cause right now it feels like a depressing option...

I'd rather talk about the specifics over PM, but I'd be happy to tell you all about it there. I think with your privacy settings, you would need to start the conversation.

I will say that I was improving my application throughout last year's cycle. Originally, that was in hopes of sending a killer update letter, but as it became clear that I would need to reapply, that shifted to making my application better for this year. My application's issues were more rooted in ECs and essays, though I also had an imbalance between my GPA and my MCAT. I don't think I appreciated what program directors want when I wrote my essays - I was too enthusiastic and trying too hard to sell myself, when what I needed to do was present myself as a mature and confident individual.

Its been a good day
How did Pittsburgh notify you?
5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Its been a good day

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

How did Pittsburgh notify you @26point2

So so so sorry I'm so behind, y'all. Life is pretty much smacking me in the face right about now. :)

But I just needed to come on here and say HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to all of the acceptances!!!!!!!!!!!!! This definitely makes my day so much better just to read through the awesomeness of everyone here, so I can't even imagine how joyful it is for those who are actually being accepted :love: I am SO HAPPY and honestly SO PROUD of each of you!!! I know you've all put in lots of blood, sweat, and tears over the past few years. And it has paid off big time!!!! Congratulations on the first steps toward a very successful future. Thrilled for you.

@MSTPtastic, especially proud of your hard work. To be a re-applicant takes guts and lots of effort, and you are KILLING it this cycle with IIs and now with an acceptance! I'm thrilled for you and know you have big things ahead of you!

Way to go, everyone!!! Can't wait to see more posts here soon! :soexcited:

Accepted to MD/PhD at Rutgers/NJMS! Got a phone call on halloween and will be receiving formal acceptance letter shortly and updates via email.

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Rutgers NJMS: Want2beaDr2 (I: 9/17, A: 10/31)

Accepted to the University of Wisconsin MSTP! Got the phone call from the director this evening :))))

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Wisconsin PhySci94 (I: 10/8-11, A: 11/2)

Reactions: 10 users
UW-Madison as well!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Wisconsin PhySci94 (I: 10/8-11, A: 11/2), edc1618 (I: 10/08, A: 11/02)

Wisconsin for me too! I made a fool of myself in the airport with my laughing and whooping, but I don't even care!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Wisconsin PhySci94 (I: 10/8-11, A: 11/2), edc1618 (I: 10/08, A: 11/02), MSTPtastic (I: 10/8, A: 11/2)

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats everyone! Fingers crossed my phone rings sometime soon

Pittsburgh

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Pittsburgh: 26point2 (I: 9/17, A: 10/15), psf73 (I: 8/31, A: 10/15), Argle Bargle (I: 9/17, A: 10/15)
University of Wisconsin PhySci94 (I: 10/8-11, A: 11/2), edc1618 (I: 10/08, A: 11/02), MSTPtastic (I: 10/8, A: 11/2)[/QUOTE]