2015-2016 Official Interview Thread; Emergency Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crowowunt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I couldn't find the official 2015-2016 thread for EM, I created one. For AOA residencies, the interview invites are already sent out by some residency programs..... But, ACGME won't start until in September.

Members don't see this ad.

I am an IMG who has completed EM residency from India in May 2015 with Step 1 score 223 and Step 2 CK score to be released on September 16th. What are my chances of getting into EM residency?
Thanks!

Seeing as you posted this in a completely inappropriate thread, I'm concerned about your reading comprehension. I give you one chance in two potatoes.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering when this thread would pop up. I'm not expecting any invites until I get my 3rd letter in.

Still waiting for 2 of my SLOES so not expecting anything until than. Maybe those lucky few to grab interviews in the past couple days would be so generous to add to this thread as well ;) lol?!

Whoopsies. Didn't see this thread had been created.
Got an II for a combo EM/IM program in NC

And I only have one letter that's actually been uploaded and haven't taken step 2.

I also received one at my home institution on the same day. But they interview all of us :p . Rumor on the other thread is most programs aren't going to send invites out until MSPEs come out and perhaps a little later (oct 16th or something like that)

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email from Emory today saying they won't be sending out any invites until 10/16 at the earliest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. Three application receipt emails but no invites.

Last years thread was hot with people receiving 10+ interviews within 2 weeks of ERAS submission..WAY off this year. Was the submission date sep 15th starting this year or last year?

Last years thread was hot with people receiving 10+ interviews within 2 weeks of ERAS submission..WAY off this year. Was the submission date sep 15th starting this year or last year?
it was the 15th last year as well

Yeah I was expecting to hear from at least a few places by now based on the threads from last year. Lots of people in other specialties already have several interviews, but I guess most EM programs are waiting on MSPEs to be released.

Oh well october hits and it will flow, hopefully :)

Just got off the phone with my home PD...basically he said there is a specialty wide agreement this year they are waiting for the MSPE before they really start sending out invites. Aka no reason to panic and apply to every single program as of yet ;) lol

I have received invites from Maricopa (I rotated there), Wisconsin (currently rotating), and just now from UNLV.

Just got off the phone with my home PD...basically he said there is a specialty wide agreement this year they are waiting for the MSPE before they really start sending out invites. Aka no reason to panic and apply to every single program as of yet ;) lol
Do you mind me asking which program you're referring to? I'm assuming IU?

Part of me is reassured and part of me wishes they would send invites out sooner rather than later. Most of me is just stressed and will continue to refresh my email on an hourly basis.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey swingman for obvious reasons I'm hesitant to disclose my exact school ;) lol, but we can just say it's an MD school out in the Midwest lol!!! From what he said things have been going a little slower for the most part than compared to last year and that once October comes around to expect the big swing of invites being sent out. I have been refreshing my email on an quarter hourly basis lol, but I guess I'll give my iPhone a rest for the next week and only check at noon and 4 to prevent crazyness from setting in. Aka be patient and just hold strong. There have been a few invites sent out usually to top tier candidates/rotators/home med student crowds. For everything else just let poppa time takes its course :)

Hey swingman for obvious reasons I'm hesitant to disclose my exact school ;) lol, but we can just say it's an MD school out in the Midwest lol!!! From what he said things have been going a little slower for the most part than compared to last year and that once October comes around to expect the big swing of invites being sent out. I have been refreshing my email on an quarter hourly basis lol, but I guess I'll give my iPhone a rest for the next week and only check at noon and 4 to prevent crazyness from setting in. Aka be patient and just hold strong. There have been a few invites sent out usually to top tier candidates/rotators/home med student crowds. For everything else just let poppa time takes its course :)

While I totally understand their reasoning, the neurotic med student in all of us is sitting in a corner rocking back and forth asking why don't they *like* me

Reactions: 1 users
Four invites thus far; earliest one came 2 days after application submission. Five invites counting the second program where I rotated at (they guarantee you an interview slot if you rotate there), which won't send invitations until MSPEs are released.

Should we just use the format from last year's EM interview thread? http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-interview-thread-emergency-medicine.1099522/

Edit: woah, for the curious sending PMs, I only have 1 SLOE and a non-EM LoR uploaded to ERAS at this moment. My second SLOE won't come in until next week at the earliest and October 1st being the latest. Applied to ~40 programs.

Last edited:
Cinematographer, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking and where did you receive the interviews from?

So, let's get this year's EM Interview thread "started". Apologies for not including all dates available for the places where I have received interview offers. I deleted some of the initial InterviewBroker emails I received after confirming my interview date.

Please include these instructions when you quote - And quote the last list available!

Steps for success:
  1. Click on the blue "REPLY" button at the bottom right of the last post (don't copy and paste since it will not pick up the HTML code for boldface fonts).
  2. Remove the bracketed things at the very beginning and very end. (QUOTE=username;numbers) and (/QUOTE) - where the parentheses are brackets
  3. Type what you are adding at the top so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added.
  4. Make your additions to the body of the list. List entry format:

State
    Program Name - Username (date of invite, interview dates offered)

DO Programs:

MD/Dual Programs:

Alabama
  • University of Alabama - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/23 interview dates offered: November 10, 12, 19, December 3)

Arkansas

California

Connecticut

Florida
  • Orlando Health - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: )

Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
  • Grand Rapids/MSU - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: )
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
  • University of Nevada - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/22, interview dates offered: )

New Hampshire

New Jersey

North Carolina

New York

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

Last edited:
Please include these instructions when you quote - And quote the last list available!

Steps for success:
  1. Click on the blue "REPLY" button at the bottom right of the last post (don't copy and paste since it will not pick up the HTML code for boldface fonts).
  2. Remove the bracketed things at the very beginning and very end. (QUOTE=username;numbers) and (/QUOTE) - where the parentheses are brackets
  3. Type what you are adding at the top so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added.

State

DO Programs:

MD/Dual Programs: EM/IM:
North Carolina : Vidant : Stephbee (9/17)

Alabama
  • University of Alabama - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/23 interview dates offered: November 10, 12, 19, December 3)

Arkansas

California

Connecticut

Florida
  • Orlando Health - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: )

Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
  • Grand Rapids/MSU - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered:)
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
  • University of Nevada - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/22, interview dates offered: )

New Hampshire

New Jersey

North Carolina

New York

Ohio

Pennsylvania
Penn state Hershey: Stephbee (9/17, they assigned a date to us).

Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

+1 for UNLV- rotated here

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama

Arkansas

California

Connecticut

Florida

Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
  • Grand Rapids/MSU - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered:)
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
  • University of Nevada - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/22, interview dates offered) ; hoosierdaddyO (DoI - 9/22).

New Hampshire

New Jersey

North Carolina

New York

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

Last edited:
DO Programs:

EM/IM:

MD Programs:

Alabama

Arkansas

California

Connecticut

Florida

Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
  • University of Nevada - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/22, interview dates offered) ; hoosierdaddyO (DoI - 9/22).

New Hampshire

New Jersey
  • New York Medical College at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center - PreppyDocK (9/24)

North Carolina

New York

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin[/QUOTE]

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut

Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
  • New York Medical College at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center - PreppyDocK (9/24)
North Carolina

New York
  • Maimonides - EMHopeful9012 (date of invite: 9/24)
Ohio

Pennsylvania
  • Penn state Hershey - Stephbee (9/17, they assigned a date to us).
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

Last edited:
Maimonides hype!

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut

Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
  • Maimonides - EMHopeful9012 (date of invite: 9/24) ; DrJanltor (9/24. Only a few dates offered mid-end of Oct)
Ohio

Pennsylvania
  • Penn state Hershey - Stephbee (9/17, they assigned a date to us).
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

+ Penn State dates

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut

Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
  • Maimonides - EMHopeful9012 (date of invite: 9/24) ; DrJanltor (9/24. Only a few dates offered mid-end of Oct)
Ohio

Pennsylvania
  • Penn state Hershey - Stephbee (9/17, they assigned a date to us); Gryffindor100 (date of invite: 9/25. Dates offered: Nov 4, 11, 18, 25)
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

+1 Penn State

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut

Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
Ohio

Pennsylvania
  • Penn state Hershey - Stephbee (9/17, they assigned a date to us); Gryffindor100 (date of invite: 9/25. Dates offered: Nov 4, 11, 18, 25); Stove 631 (9/25, Wednesdays in November)
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

+ UConn

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut
  • UConn - EMHopeful9012 (date of invite: 9/25)
Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
Ohio

Pennsylvania
  • Penn state Hershey - Stephbee (9/17, they assigned a date to us); Gryffindor100 (date of invite: 9/25. Dates offered: Nov 4, 11, 18, 25); Stove 631 (9/25, Wednesdays in November)
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

Guess I answered my own question! :D

+ Western Michigan University

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut
Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
  • Western Michigan University - Fox800 (date of invite: 9/25)
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
Ohio

Pennsylvania
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

Last edited:
Heyy fox800 maybe that trick will work for me...any USMD's get an Invite from their top choice yet?!

+ Region's, St. Paul

Also have received WMU and Grand Rapids/MSU

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut
Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
  • Western Michigan University - Fox800 (date of invite: 9/25, interview dates offered: October 17/18/31, November 1/14/15/21/22, December 5/6/12/13, January 9)
Minnesota
  • Region's Hospital, St. Paul, MN - medic4lyfe (date of invite: 9/24, interview dates offered)

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
Ohio

Pennsylvania
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

Heyy fox800 maybe that trick will work for me...any USMD's get an Invite from their top choice yet?!
All I want for faaaaalllll is some love from you. An interview invite will dooooo, please say you loovvveee me too!!

+ U of Tennessee - Nashville/Murfreesboro
Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut
Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
  • Western Michigan University - Fox800 (date of invite: 9/25, interview dates offered: October 17/18/31, November 1/14/15/21/22, December 5/6/12/13, January 9)
Minnesota
  • Region's Hospital, St. Paul, MN - medic4lyfe (date of invite: 9/24, interview dates offered)

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
Ohio

Pennsylvania
Tennessee
  • U of Tennessee - Nashville/Murfreesboro - Stove 631 (9/25, Thursdays and Fridays Oct 15-Jan 22 except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years weeks)

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

+UConn

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut
  • UConn - EMHopeful9012 (date of invite: 9/25), Saminto (date of invite 9/25, TONS of dates available)
Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
Ohio

Pennsylvania
Tennessee
  • U of Tennessee - Nashville/Murfreesboro - Stove 631 (9/25, Thursdays and Fridays Oct 15-Jan 22 except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years weeks)

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

+ 1 WMichigan

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut
  • UConn - EMHopeful9012 (date of invite: 9/25), Saminto (date of invite 9/25, TONS of dates available)
Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
  • Grand Rapids/MSU - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: )
  • Western Michigan University - Fox800 (date of invite: 9/25, interview dates offered: October 17/18/31, November 1/14/15/21/22, December 5/6/12/13, January 9), Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/25)
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
Ohio

Pennsylvania
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

+ UNLV, Mayo

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut
Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
  • Western Michigan University - Fox800 (date of invite: 9/25, interview dates offered: October 17/18/31, November 1/14/15/21/22, December 5/6/12/13, January 9), Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/25)
Minnesota
  • Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN - jgauger (date of invite 9/25)

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
  • University of Nevada - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/22, interview dates offered) ; hoosierdaddyO (DoI - 9/22). ; jgauger (DoI - 9/22)
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
Ohio

Pennsylvania
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

Just adding my other two invites that I didn't add in my first post.

+WMU, + Grand Rapids/MSU

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut
Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
  • Grand Rapids/MSU - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: ), medic4lyfe (date of invite 9/16)
  • Western Michigan University - Fox800 (date of invite: 9/25, interview dates offered: October 17/18/31, November 1/14/15/21/22, December 5/6/12/13, January 9), Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/25), medic4lyfe (date of invite: 9/25)
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
  • University of Nevada - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/22, interview dates offered) ; hoosierdaddyO (DoI - 9/22). ; jgauger (DoI - 9/22)
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
Ohio

Pennsylvania
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

+Yale

Steps for success:

State

DO Programs:

Alabama
Arkansas

California

Connecticut
  • Yale - EMb52 (date of invite: 9/25, interview dates offered Oct 7, 14, 21, Nov 4, 9, 18, 23, Dec 2)
Florida
Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan
  • Grand Rapids/MSU - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: ), medic4lyfe (date of invite 9/16)
  • Western Michigan University - Fox800 (date of invite: 9/25, interview dates offered: October 17/18/31, November 1/14/15/21/22, December 5/6/12/13, January 9), Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/25), medic4lyfe (date of invite: 9/25)
Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada
New Hampshire

New Jersey
North Carolina

New York
Ohio

Pennsylvania
Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

Wisconsin

Instead of making these long posts, why not make a spreadsheet like the one we have in the anesthesiology forum

Sad. I was going to post about my interviews, but then I asked myself, "What purpose does this serve?" It's just bragging. It's just to say, "hey, look at me, I got an interview at X"

Think about the people who want to go there and haven't gotten an invite yet. Why would anyone post about this? To use an adage from many attendings, "would this change the management?" i.e. would anyone do anything differently if they saw one of their desired programs had already invited people?

NO

Feel sorry for you guys.