2015-2016 Official Interview Thread; Emergency Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No movement today...?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I hope interviews are going well. I wanted to throw out my rather pitiful situation and see if there's anything else I can be doing/ if anyone else is running into the same situation. So I'm an DO applicant, step scores 225 and 258 (1&2 respectively), applied to 40 programs (mostly SE and decent number of NE and midwest ones), only gotten 3 interviews (2 being my away sites), and 2 waitlist. Denied from 10, waiting to hear from 25. My away rotations were way later than I hoped to schedule, which severely delayed my SLOEs (which is what I think has killed me). So far I've emailed most programs I'm waiting to hear back from, no interviews yielded unfortunately. Sooooo.... are a lot of people in this boat? Anything else I should be doing? Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a really similar situation to you, MD applicant with 22x and 24x steps. Applied 62, I have 4 total interviews, two from rotations, 6 waitlists that I know of so far, 18 rejections, and 34 left to hear from. I had 2 sloes in early but I didn't get a third letter until November. I also applied heavily to east coast and south. I've emailed pretty much all my programs with a few wait list confirmations or thank yous but silence from a lot. Hopefully we both see some movement, but the only other thing to do while you wait would be to start applying to some prelim programs as a back up. I know at least 3 other people who are good applicants in similar situations. We'll see how December goes I guess.

So far from talking to people on the few interviews I've been on, there's a lot of folks that have 15+ interviews and many that are saying they plan on going on ~15 interviews. That mantra of the top 20% of applicants holding 80% of interviews (totally guessing) is probably true. December should throw around movement as they say, but my concern is that people even with way enough interviews will be worried themselves and hold on to their numbers. But I guess we do need to apply to some back up options at this point. Another thing I think is since EM has gotten so competitive, if you don't have >230 on step 1 you get left in the dust a bit.

Another thing I think is since EM has gotten so competitive, if you don't have >230 on step 1 you get left in the dust a bit.
I disagree. I can't argue you with that having high Step 1 scores is obviously favorable, however I know TONS of applicants with less than 230s who have lots of great interviews (places I would dream to interview at). At the end of the day, the SLOE is all mighty in EM. It will either make or break you. A low step 1 score is very, very easily overlooked with a Top 1/3 or Honors on a SLOE and some sexy comments to go along with it.

Edit: That being said, there will be lots of movement this upcoming month. Once the egg nog starts flowing, people will be dropping invites on interview broker like no other. I'm on 6 waitlists right now and I think things will start to look up. Even if what you say is true that the top 20% are holding 80% of the spots, ultimately those 20% cannot fill every residency slot in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I disagree. I can't argue you with that having high Step 1 scores is obviously favorable, however I know TONS of applicants with less than 230s who have lots of great interviews (places I would dream to interview at). At the end of the day, the SLOE is all mighty in EM. It will either make or break you. A low step 1 score is very, very easily overlooked with a Top 1/3 or Honors on a SLOE and some sexy comments to go along with it.
This right here, I know several applicants who actually have a sub 210 step 1 and are sitting on 10 plus interviews all because they have glowing sloes. They aren't the greatest test takers but they are medically competent as all heck and proved that via their sloes. So yes having high step scores makes the process a little easier...but SLOES in the EM world are the "gold standard"!!

I think there was a segment on ALiEM in which multiple PDs voiced their opinion on the competitiveness of EM. Yes, it has probably gotten a bit more competitive, but the perceived competitiveness of the field has been artificially created by top applicants applying more broadly/more randomly than they should, and holding onto an unnecessary number of invitations until the very last minute. This, combined with the fact that more people are going on more than the usual 12 interviews, has made it difficult for average applicants (and even not-so-average ones) to get the number of offers they need to match.

Like @HoosierdaddyO said, I have come across multiple applicants planning on going to more than 14-15 interviews. And I know an applicant from last year with amazing stats who went to... wait for it... 19 interviews. This person was not even couples-matching. If you have decent SLOEs and boards, and have a good mix of safeties and reach programs in your interview list, then wtf is the point on going on so many interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
It's rally cap time! Come on December... Be good to us!

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1448977593.411101.jpg

So far from talking to people on the few interviews I've been on, there's a lot of folks that have 15+ interviews and many that are saying they plan on going on ~15 interviews. That mantra of the top 20% of applicants holding 80% of interviews (totally guessing) is probably true. December should throw around movement as they say, but my concern is that people even with way enough interviews will be worried themselves and hold on to their numbers. But I guess we do need to apply to some back up options at this point. Another thing I think is since EM has gotten so competitive, if you don't have >230 on step 1 you get left in the dust a bit.

I think your situation is not ideal, but there will probably be movement in the waitlists the next few weeks. Your scores are not the problem. It is probably your delayed SLOES. How were the competitiveness of your applied programs? Were they all on the lines of Indy, vandy, Cincinnati? A <230 USMLE is not a kiss of death, even as a DO applicant. It all just depends on where you apply. A lot of brand new programs and programs that are overlooked due to location.

I think there really is just lots of randomness to this process. I'm 240's 260's H (home at very highly respected program) /HP (away at solid not as prestigious program) /middle class rank applied to 43 places and I'm at high single digits for interviews. Really not sure what I should have done differently. This has made for an M4 year much more stressful than anticipated.

I think it has to do with where you apply to. I have high 220s step 1 and low 230s step 2 DO student. honors at acgme and high pass at aoa rotation. Applied mostly Midwest and I'm sitting on 12 interviews right now

I think it has to do with where you apply to. I have high 220s step 1 and low 230s step 2 DO student. honors at acgme and high pass at aoa rotation. Applied mostly Midwest and I'm sitting on 12 interviews right now
Totally agree. I applied to 62 places, but they're pretty much all in desirable locations and I'm struggling. I should have applied to more midwest and small town programs.

Yeah I think there's some truth to this. I definitely thought I was a more desirable applicant than I really am and applied to some nice locations. Most of my less desirable locations were in a region of the country that I am not originally from and no longer reside in so I think some of those programs probably thought I wasn't likely to go there. I think I'll be alright in the end and honestly this whole process has really made me appreciate how happy I would be to wind up anywhere. I love EM and just want to match. I know when (if?) I do I'll appreciate it much more than I might have otherwise. Definitely makes me feel like s@&$ every time I think one of my interviews didn't go great though. Thankfully I live in a town with great beer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think your situation is not ideal, but there will probably be movement in the waitlists the next few weeks. Your scores are not the problem. It is probably your delayed SLOES. How were the competitiveness of your applied programs? Were they all on the lines of Indy, vandy, Cincinnati? A <230 USMLE is not a kiss of death, even as a DO applicant. It all just depends on where you apply. A lot of brand new programs and programs that are overlooked due to location.

I feel like there was a good mix of competitiveness in the programs I chose to apply. In hindsight, I probably didn't apply to enough "safety programs". I'm still waiting to hear from 25 programs, and I'm not really on their waitlists so not sure if there's a great chance to pick up interviews when people start cancelling.

So are most "waitlist" invites already sent out? Anyone have any info on this?

Just got off a silent waitlist today.

So is it safe to assume if you haven't heard anything from a program by this point you are on a "silent waitlist" or could it just mean they haven't looked at your application/haven't sent out a denial?

Many many many programs have silent rejections. While some do have silent waitlists. It's hard to assume, just expect the worst and hope for the best lol.

Many many many programs have silent rejections. While some do have silent waitlists. It's hard to assume, just expect the worst and hope for the best lol.

How do you know this? Second time through the match?

Nope cousin is a first year em resident. He mentioned how about 25-30 percent of the programs he applied to just never sent him anything, no invite, no waitlist and no formal rejection. He did receive 3 interviews in the first week of January from programs that he had not heard a thing from as well. So just know that many programs do not give you a heads up in either direction. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it is what it is.

Nope cousin is a first year em resident. He mentioned how about 25-30 percent of the programs he applied to just never sent him anything, no invite, no waitlist and no formal rejection. He did receive 3 interviews in the first week of January from programs that he had not heard a thing from as well. So just know that many programs do not give you a heads up in either direction. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it is what it is.
For my sanity, I'm gonna go ahead and focus on the 3 interviews in January part of your statement and ignore the rest.

Reactions: 2 users
How do you know this? Second time through the match?

Mr Hooserdaddy is correct. Not sure if this is his second time around but it's mine. I'm currently a resident switching to EM. I was a very competitive applicant applying to a competitive specialty. Had sent out 50 apps last year. Received 8 +/- rejections and 5 interviews. Never heard a peep from 30ish programs. I too stressed out last year from the number of interviews. Ended up matching at my nmbr 1 choice (it's program was ranked #2 in the country last year)

This year I'm sitting on 8 interviews and I feel great about it. Just finished my 4th yesterday, plan on ranking it nmbr 1. Got great vibes as well from the interviewers.

Make the interviews you go on count and be passionate as if it were your only interview offered. That's what matters at the end of the day.

I'll join the single digit interview club here to let you all know you're not alone. Steps >230, about a 50/50 split of honors/pass, was told by a PD my app looked great prior to ERAS opening. Needless to say I'm a little surprised, and my scheduled interview time is just ticking away. Fortunately my top 3 have all invited me already, which is great, but I'd like a rank list of the famed 10-12.

Maybe if I keep a low interview count the $$ saved will be worth it in the end. Good luck everybody!

Got off silent waitlist at Christ Advocate today

anybody getting responses to thank you emails/cards/post interview responses? my guess is to put little stock in what is said but wanted to see if anyone else had been getting any feedback from PDs/interviewers

anybody getting responses to thank you emails/cards/post interview responses? my guess is to put little stock in what is said but wanted to see if anyone else had been getting any feedback from PDs/interviewers
I have gotten just a few responses out of the many thank-yous I have sent, and I think only once from a PD. It seems common to not hear back.

Anyone know if UFlorida-Gainesville EM is offering 14 seats this cycle? Site says 8 but heard on interview trail they are opening 6 more seats.

Could anyone let me know if NYU is interviewing on the Monday of MLK weekend (01/18)? Thank you!

Invite from univ Wisconsin today. Only date is next Thursday

Invite from univ Wisconsin today. Only date is next Thursday

Nice! I was beginning to think the second wave of interview invites was hoax. I guess it's just more of a trickle!

Got off waitlist at U-mass today, but there was a conflict with the date they offered. Seems like there is some waitlist movement going on now.

Waitlist at Utah via interview broker. No open spots for 4 dates in Jan. Each date had between 5 and 8 people on the waitlist. Not liking those odds.

has anyone tried a "i'm in the area and would love to interview" email? I've sent this program a I'm interested but continued radio silence...figure I'm on some waitlist ....any thoughts?

has anyone tried a "i'm in the area and would love to interview" email? I've sent this program a I'm interested but continued radio silence...figure I'm on some waitlist ....any thoughts?
Tried it was given the generic all our spots are full thank you but no thank you response!! Unless you are actually next on the waitlist I don't see it working too often lol.

Tried it was given the generic all our spots are full thank you but no thank you response!! Unless you are actually next on the waitlist I don't see it working too often lol.

damn lol, that's what I thought... thanks for the reply!

Hey everyone, will be applying EM next cycle (don't have the greatest app though). What is 1 thing you wished you did differently in applying EM this year?

Hey everyone, will be applying EM next cycle (don't have the greatest app though). What is 1 thing you wished you did differently in applying EM this year?

Apply to TONS of schools. Especially within your region. I applied mostly out of region and until a few weeks ago have gotten little love. Think carefully about where you do your away and talk to students who have done aways there before. I did one purely based off location, didn't like the program, and regret not doing it somewhere else. Also realize that lots of the "top" places may not be "top" for you. I have had a couple interviews at these places and did not like them nearly as much as some programs with far lesser reputations.

I have, I got a couple responses saying"thanks will pass this along to the PD" and one who told me "thanks for reaching out but we won't be interviewing you, best of luck". Silence from the rest.

Based on what I've heard from a few PD's and many other folks on the trail it does seem like a lot of the top people are sitting on 15, 20, even 30 interviews and not cancelling. I even heard of people with friends who were triple booking interview days. It does sound like there is a lot of paranoia and will likely be a lot of movement. The PD's know that the top 20% can't fill all of their slots....hopefully. FWIW a couple places I have interviewed at said they have more invites to send and plan to interview through early Feb.

I have, I got a couple responses saying"thanks will pass this along to the PD" and one who told me "thanks for reaching out but we won't be interviewing you, best of luck". Silence from the rest.

Based on what I've heard from a few PD's and many other folks on the trail it does seem like a lot of the top people are sitting on 15, 20, even 30 interviews and not cancelling. I even heard of people with friends who were triple booking interview days.
Sounds exactly like the kind of people I would want to be my future colleagues...

Based on what I've heard from a few PD's and many other folks on the trail it does seem like a lot of the top people are sitting on 15, 20, even 30 interviews and not cancelling. I even heard of people with friends who were triple booking interview days. It does sound like there is a lot of paranoia and will likely be a lot of movement. The PD's know that the top 20% can't fill all of their slots....hopefully. FWIW a couple places I have interviewed at said they have more invites to send and plan to interview through early Feb.

This sounds speculative/anecdotal at best and paranoid at worst. I doubt this is the case with more than a select handful of interviewees and it probably doesn't meaningfully impact the applicant pool. It's exhausting to go on this many interviews and dumb to no-show at interviews since I've heard PDs communicate about this in the CORD listserv.

I sent out 4 "Statement of Interest" E-mails to programs that were high on my list and I hadn't heard any thing from. Two stayed silent, one rejected me two days later, but from one I got a nice response from the PD saying my application was near the top of the waitlist, and I ended up getting an interview there 2 weeks later. So there's a chance they work!

Should I forego the AOA match (13 invites/ 15 applied) if I have 5 ACGME interview offers?

Should I forego the AOA match (13 invites/ 15 applied) if I have 5 ACGME interview offers?

I would say it's risky. You have 13 AOA invites? How do you feel about how your ACGME interviews went? I wouldn't feel comfortable with the ACGME unless I had around 9 interviews at minimum, with 10-12 being ideal. I wouldn't skip out on the AOA match at this point.

I would say it's risky. You have 13 AOA invites? How do you feel about how your ACGME interviews went? I wouldn't feel comfortable with the ACGME unless I had around 9 interviews at minimum, with 10-12 being ideal. I wouldn't skip out on the AOA match at this point.
I would have to concur with this thought. 5 acgme interviews is not a number that I would risk or feel comfortable matching especially as a DO :/ especially when you are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the DO match. But also its your decision and you should do what you feel is the best thing for you.

Going the ACGME route only puts you at a high risk of not matching. Most AOA programs will be ACGME accredited in the next few years anyway. I wouldn't risk it.

+Mercy St. Vincent (got off a silent waitlist)...wait it's December 17th, how am I the first person to list a place?

Steps for success:
  1. Click on the blue "REPLY" button at the bottom right of the last post (don't copy and paste since it will not pick up the HTML code for boldface fonts).
  2. Remove the bracketed things at the very beginning and very end. (QUOTE=username;numbers) and (/QUOTE) - where the parentheses are brackets
  3. Type what you are adding at the top so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added.
  4. Make your additions to the body of the list. List entry format:

State
    Program Name - Username (date of invite, interview dates offered)

MD/Dual Programs:

EM/IM:
  • North Carolina : Vidant : Stephbee (9/17)
  • University of Illinois @ Chicago EM/IM (9/21, dates offered 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 12/3, 12/10)
  • LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans EM/IM (9/28, dates offered 12/16, 1/20)
  • Allegheny General Hospital EM/IM (9/22, dates offered 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 12/7, 12/14, 1/11, 1/18, 1/25)
  • Hofstra LIJ: StephBee (10/2, dates: 10/28, 11/2, 11/9,11,18,23, 12/7,9,16)
  • U Marylnad: Stephbee (DOI: 10/18. Dates still left: 11/10, 11/17, 1/5, 1/19)

MD Programs:

Alabama
  • University of Alabama - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/23 interview dates offered: November 10, 12, 19, December 3)
Arizona
  • Maricopa County - jgauger (doi: 9/15), dntke1518 (doi:10/9, dates offered:November 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 December 2, 7, 9, 14, 21 and 28), Cinematographer (DoI: 10/16)
  • University of Arizona - South Campus - Emb52 (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: Wednesdays through January)
  • University of Arizona - University Campus (date of invite: 10/7, interview dates offered: Tuesdays through Feb 2)
Arkansas
  • University of Arkansas: Cinematographer (Date of Invite: 10/08; Interview dates offered: Nov. 5, Nov. 7th, more to come)
California
  • UC San Diego - Cinematographer (Dates available Nov 3, 4, 17, 18, 23, 24, Dec 1, 2, 9, 10, 15, 16)
  • UCSF-Fresno - Emb52 (date of invite: 10/6, Dates available Thursdays from Oct 22 to Jan 14, except holidays), Cinematographer (date of invite: 10/08), dinox3 (DOI: 10/12)
  • Kaiser Permanente San Diego (Nov 2, 9, 16, 21)
  • UCLA/Olive View (Tuesdays, starting Nov 2)
  • Kern Medical Center (Wednesday's Nov 18-Jan 27)
  • LA County/UCLA/Harbor doi 10/14 (Thursdays, Nov 12th, Nov 19th, Dec 3rd, Dec 10th, Dec 17th, Jan 7th and Jan 14th. We DO NOT interview Thanksgiving week or the week between Christmas and New Year's.)
  • UC Irvine (Nov 10, 11, Dec 9, 16, Jan 5, 6)
  • Highland (Tuesdays and Wednesdays, beginning in Tuesday November 17th and continuing through Wednesday January 13th)
  • UCSF-SFGH - DoI 10/16 (Nov 12, 17, 19; Dec 1, 3, 8, 19, 15, 17); Cinematographer (DoI: 11/02; no more dates open)
  • Stanford Kaiser - aguila48 (doi:10/16, Dates available Nov 3, 10, 11, 18, 24, 25; Dec 2, 8, 9, 16, 18; Jan 5, 6, 12, 13, 20)
  • UC Davis: Cinematographer (DoI: 10/16; all dates taken!)
Connecticut
  • UConn - EMHopeful9012 (date of invite: 9/25), Saminto (date of invite 9/25, TONS of dates available), EMb52 (date of invite 9/29), Chir0nex (invite 9/29, open dates m/w/f from late October to mid January), DrJanltor (10/5)
  • Yale - EMb52 (date of invite: 9/25, interview dates offered Oct 7, 14, 21, Nov 4, 9, 18, 23, Dec 2); HoosierdaddyO (DoI: 10/1 - same dates as above); dinodinodinoi (invite 9/29 - same as above, plus 1/6, 1/11), aguila48 (invite 9/25- same)
Colorado
  • Denver Health: Cinematographer (Date of Invite: 10/06, Nov. 17 & 18, then many dates on December and January), EMB52 (date of invite 10/16, many dates through January 27)
DC
  • GW: November 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18; December 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16
  • Georgetown: DOI 10/16 (Nov 2, 4, 17, 24; Dec 2, 9, 14, 15, 22; Jan 5, 6, 12)
Delaware
  • Christiana (date of invite: 10/15, interview dates offered Tuesdays and Fridays through Feb 5)
Florida
  • Orlando Health - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: ); CavalierPB (date of invite: 10/5; available dates now 12/1,3,8,15,17 and 1/5,14,19, filled before 11/24)
  • University of South Florida - Circlehook (DOI 9/29); Fox800 (10/9)
  • U of Florida Gainesville - Date of invite 10/9 dates offered: Nov 13, 20; Dec 4, 11, 18; Jan 8, 15, 22, 29
Georgia
  • Medical College of Georgia / Georgia Regents University - Stove 631 DOI 10/8 (November 4th, 11th or 18th, December 16th, and January 6th, 13th)
  • Emory (date of invite 10/16, interview dates Mondays and Fridays through Jan 11)
Illinois
  • Southern Illinois University -Spartacus (doi: 10/2, Dates offered: 10/15, 10/22, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 12/3, 12/10, 01/14, 01/21), dntke1518 (DOI: 10/16), islandAddy1881 (DOI: 11/5)
  • Univ IL at Peoria: StephBee (doi: 10/5. Dates: Nov 3,4,10,11,17,18,23, Dec 1,2,8,9,15,16 and Jan 5,6,12,13. Accept via interviewbroker), medic4lyfe (10/5), dntke1518 (doi: 10/5), wilg0013 (DOI: 10/5), spartacus (DOI: Oct 5)
  • Northwestern University (doi: 10/6, dates Oct 22, 23, Nov 2, 3, 19, 20, 23, 24, Dec 10, 11, 17, 18, 21, 22). nh2316(DOI: 10/6), Saminto (10/6)
  • University of Chicago - nh2316 (DOI: 10/6, dates Oct 21, 22, Nov 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, Dec 9, 10, 16, 17)
  • Presence Resurrection-Saminto (DOI 10/7, dates Nov 5, 10, 12, 17, 19), doi 10/15 (2 dates in Dec)
  • Advocate Christ (doi 10/7, MTF Nov-Jan except holidays)
  • Cook County: Cinematographer (doi 10/16; Dates in Nov Dec and Jan), Saminto (doi 10/16; Nov 3, 10, 17, Dec 1, 8, 15, Jan 5, 12, 19, 26)
  • UIC: doi 10/18 November 5th, 12th, 19th, December 3rd, 10th, 17th, 2015 and January 7th, 14th, and 21st, 2016.
Indiana
  • Indiana University: Cinematographer (Date of invite: 10/02; dates offered: October 19, 21, 23, 30, November 2, 4, 9, 13, 16, 18, 30, December 2, 4, 7, 11, January 4, 6, 8, 11), nh2316 (DOI: 10/2), doi 10/9
Iowa
  • University of Iowa: kec01 (DOI 10/1), (DoI 10/16; dates: November – 2, 5, 19, December – 7, 14, January – 4, 7, 14, 25), dntke1518 (DOI: 10/16)
Kansas
  • University of Kansas - Mountains (DOI 10/13), dntke1518 (DOI: 10/13)
Kentucky
  • Louisville: ??? (Date of Invite: 10/12; Dates offered: Nov 11, 17, 24; Dec 1, 2, 15, 22; Jan 5, 6); CavalierPB (DOI 10/12)
  • Kentucky: Frans (10/16)
Louisiana
  • LSU-Baton Rouge: Spartacus (doi: 10/2, dates offered: every Wed and Thurs starting Nov 6); CavalierPB (date of invite: 10/6, dates offered as above)
  • LSU-Shreveport: Spartacus (doi: Oct 5; dates offered: 12/1, 12/3, 12/8, 12/10, 12/15, 12/17)
  • LSU-New Orleans: Cinematographer (Date of invite: 10/07; Interview dates on Nov. 6, 13, 20, Dec. 4, 11, 18, Jan 8, 15, 22, 28)
Maine
  • Maine Medical Center - tbonekoko (DOI 10/16)
Maryland
  • Johns Hopkins - nh2316 (DOI: 10/5/15, dates Nov 6, Nov 13, Nov 20, Dec 4, Dec 11, Dec 18, Jan 8, Jan 15, Jan 22, Jan 29)
Massachusetts
  • UMass - dinodinodino (date of invite: 9/29, interview dates offered: Nov 4 - Jan 6, except week of Thanksgiving and from Dec 21 - Jan 1), Frans (DOI 10/15)
  • Beth Israel Deaconness (Harvard-affiliated) - sweete11884 (date of invite: 9/24, interview dates offered: tuesdays and wednesdays early nov through january)
  • Baystate Medical Center- wilg0013 (DOI: 10/14, Interview dates available Jan 8, 12, and 19), HoosierdaddyO (DoI: 10/14, same dates as above)
  • BWH/MGH- Gryffindor100 (DOI 10/16, Nov 16,17, 23,30; Dec 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21; Jan 5)
  • BMC: DOI 10/16 (November 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, December 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, January 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20)
Michigan
  • Beaumont - WestBrigford (ODI: 10/7, dates offered: every Tues/Wed except Christmas/New Years weeks, Nov 3 through Jan 13th), medic4lyfe (doi 10/7), nh2316 (10/7)
  • DMC Receiving/WSU - WestBrigford (DOI 10/9, dates offered: almost every Mon/Tues through January )
  • Grand Rapids/MSU - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: ), medic4lyfe (date of invite 9/16). nh2316(DOI: 9/18)
  • Western Michigan University - Fox800 (DOI 9/25), Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/25), medic4lyfe (date of invite: 9/25), Chir0nex (date of invite 10/1, interviews on weekends October-jan 9). nh2316 (DOI: 9/25), dntke1518 (doi: 10/6)
  • Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center Sinai Grace Hospital - Mountains (Invited 10/9 - Many dates offered from Nov-Jan), medic4lyfe (doi 10/9)
  • Sparrow Hospital/MSU - medic4lyfe (DOI 10/14, Available dates as of 10/14: 10/21, 11/4, 11/11, 12/2, 12/16, 1/20, 1/27)
  • Michigan - EMHopeful9012 (DOI 10/15, Available dates Nov - Jan
  • Henry Ford - (DOI 10/16, Available dates November 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, December 2, 4, 8, 9, 15, 16, January 6, 8, 12, 13)
Minnesota
  • Region's Hospital - medic4lyfe (date of invite: 9/24, interview dates offered); jgauger (doi 10/1). nh2316 (9/24)
  • Mayo Clinic - jgauger (date of invite 9/25), nh2316 (DOI: 10/6); Also 10/6
  • Hennepin- Gryffindor100 (DOI 10/16: Nov 17, 18; Dec 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 29; Jan 5, 6)
Mississippi
  • University of MS Medical Center - Date of invite: 10/9; Interview dates offered: Nov 3, 10, 17; Dec 1, 8, 15; Jan 5, 12
Missouri
  • WashU - opshoo12 (9/29; M and F from Nov 2 - Jan 8), Frans (10/15)
  • SLU- Spartacus (doi: 10/9; dates offered: every Wed starting Oct 28)
  • UMKC-Spartacus (doi: 12/12; dates offered: 11/9, 11/13, 11/16, 11/20, 12/4, 12/7, 12/11, 12/14, 1/4, 1/8, 1/11, 1/15), Mountains (DOI 10/16), Stephbee Doi: 10/16. All interview spots currently filled!, porsche0427 (DOI 11/16, all spots filled, on WL)
Nebraska
  • University of Nebraska - Mountains (offered October 30, November 6, 13, 20, December 4, 11, 18, and January 8, 15, and 22.), Spartacus (doi: 12/13; dates offered: same as Mountains)
Nevada
  • University of Nevada - Cinematographer (date of invite: 9/22, interview dates offered) ; hoosierdaddyO (DoI - 9/22). ; jgauger (DoI - 9/22)
New Hampshire
  • Dartmouth - tbonekoko (DOI 10/12), Stephbee DOI 10/19, dates: Tues and Wed nov 3- Jan 20
New Jersey
  • New York Medical College at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center - PreppyDocK (9/24), DrJanltor (10/5; assigned a date)
  • Morristown - HoosierdaddyO (DoI: 10/1. Dates: Every Tuesday from nov 3 to jan 26), DrJanltor (10/5; Dates as before)
  • Cooper- ChrisTraeger (DoI: 10/13. Dates: Nov 2, 3, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, Dec 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, Jan 05, 06)
  • Hackensack (DoI: 10/16. Dates: Thursdays Nov-Jan)
  • Newark Beth Israel (DoI: 11/10. Dates Dec 2, 16, Jan 06, 20
New Mexico
  • University of New Mexico-Saminto (doi 11/14, only 1/4 available, interviews Mon, Thurs and Fri's Dec-Jan)
North Carolina
  • Wake Forest- Gryffindor100 (DOI 10/1. Dates: Oct 20; Nov 3, 10, 17; Dec 1)
  • Carolinas Medical Center -nh2316 (date of invite: 9/16)
  • Vidant/ECU - Stove 631 (10/5; Nov 12, 16, 18, 19, 23, 30; Dec 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 14, 16, 17, 21)
  • Duke- Gryffindor100 (DOI 10/6: Tuesdays & Thursdays Nov-Jan); (DOI 10/12: same as above).
  • UNC - Gryffindor100 (DOI 10/12: Oct 21; Nov 4, 11, 18; Dec 2, 9, 16; Jan 13, 20; Mountains - DOI 10/12, wilg0013 (DOI 10/12)
New York
  • Maimonides - EMHopeful9012 (date of invite: 9/24) ; DrJanltor (9/24. Only a few dates offered mid-end of Oct)
  • SUNY Stony Brook - Gryffindor100 (date of invite 9/29. Dates: Oct 20-21; Nov 17-19; Dec 14-17, Jan 4-8), Saminto (date of invite 9/30. Dates: Oct 20, Nov 17-19, Dec 14-17, Jan 4,5,7,8)
  • North Shore- pedssresidency1 (date of invite 10/01. Dates: Oct 20, Nov 3, 10, 17, 24, Dec 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Jan 5, 12, 19, 26)
  • Hosftra LIJ- StephBee (DOI 10/3, Dates: Oct 7th, 13th, 14, 20, Nov 3, 4, 10, 11), wilg0013 (date of invite 10/11. Dates: Every Tuesday and Wednesday from October 28th to Jan 27th.), jtc2009 (DOI: 10/11, same interview dates), aguila48 (DOI: 10/11, same interview dates), DrJanltor (10/12, same dates)
  • NY Presbyterian - jtc2009 (date of invite 10/5, dates: 10/26, 10/30, 11/2, 11/6, 11/9, 11/13, 11/16, 11/20, 11/23, 11/30, 12/4, 12/7, 12/11, 12/14, 12/18, 12/21, 12/28, 1/4, 1/8, 1/11)
  • Lincoln - HoosierdaddyO (Doi 10/8, Date was assigned)
  • University of Rochester- wilg0013 (DOI 10/13, dates: November 5, 12, 19, 21, December 3, 5, 10, 15, 17, January 7, 9), DrJanltor (10/13)
  • SUNY Upstate - HoosierdaddyO (DoI 10/15, every mon and fri from mid nov to early jan), DrJanltor (10/15) Stephbee (11/10)
  • Icahn Mt. Sinai- Gryffindor100 (DOI 10/16; Nov 3, 10, 14, 24; Dec 1, 5)
  • Staten Island (Hofstra LIJ)-Saminto (doi 10/16; Nov 10, 16, 23, 30, Dec 7, 14, 21, 28, Jan 4)
  • Albany - tbonekoko (DOI 10/7)
  • Brooklyn Hospital Center (doi 10/17, Friday's Nov 6-Feb 5)
  • University of Buffalo- aguila48 (DOI: Nov 17th, 19th, 24th, Dec 1st, 3rd, 8th, 10th, 15th, 17th, 22nd, or Jan 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st)
  • Brookdale- islandAddy1881 (DOI 11/3: Nov 17, Jan 5, 6, 20)
  • New York Medical College Metropolitan (DOI 11/3: Nov 12, 13, 16, 17)
  • Jacobi/ Montefiore at Albert Einstein- aguila48 (DOI 11/10: Dec 11 or 16 only)
Ohio
  • University of Toledo - PreppyDocK (9/30; Tues 11/10-12/15
  • Cincinnati - date of invite: 9/21 (Dates offered: Nov 9, 13, 16, 20, 30; Dec 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21; Jan 4, 8 11); Gryffindor100 (DOI 10/13, same dates as above)
  • Wright State - (9/30, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23, 11/30, 12/7, 12/14, 12/21, 12/28)
  • MetroHealth - (9/30, Every tues/wed in Nov/Dec/Jan); 10/7
  • Ohio State University - Emb52 (date of invite 10/6, interview dates Oct 21, Nov 4, 5, 12, 18, and Dec 2, 9, 16), nh2316 (10/6)
  • Summa Health (Akron) - (10/7, Every Tues/Wed Nov and Dec, Jan 6, 12, 13, 19)
  • University Hospitals/Case Medical Center (Cleveland) - medic4lyfe (doi 10/9, current available dates 12/9, 12/16, 1/13, 1/22)
  • Mercy St. Vincent - Fox800 (DOI 12/17: Dec 22 or Jan 19 only)
Oklahoma
  • University of Oklahoma (Tulsa) - Date of invite: 10/13; Dates offered: Nov 3, 5, 10, 19; Dec 3, 8, 10, 17; Jan 5
Pennsylvania
  • Penn state Hershey - Stephbee (9/17, they assigned a date to us); Gryffindor100 (date of invite: 9/25. Dates offered: Nov 4, 11, 18, 25); Stove 631 (9/25, Wednesdays in November); DrJanltor (10/8, W in Dec)
  • York - DrJanltor (9/29, Mondays throughout Nov and Dec)
  • Crozer-Chester - HoosierdaddyO (DoI 10/5, every tues and thurs Nov-Jan), DrJanltor (10/5; dates as before), aguila48 (10/5; dates as before)
  • UPenn - Gryffindor100 (DOI 10/6; Nov 10,11, 17, 18), Saminto (DOI 10/14; Nov 18, Dec 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, Jan 5, 6, 12); Dinox3 (DOI 10/14; same as above)
  • UPMC - Gryffindor100 (DOI 10/7; Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays late October through late January)
  • Allegheny - jgauger (DOI 10/6; most Mondays and Thursdays November through January), crazykarl801 (DOI 10/6)
  • St. Luke's University Hospital - (Nov 4, 5, 11, 12, 18; Dec 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17; Jan 6, 7, 14)
  • Albert Einstein - DrJanltor (10/12, dates from Oct-Dec), MadMedic704(10/16, Oct-Jan)
  • Temple - DrJanltor (10/13, dates from Nov-Jan)
  • Lehigh Valley Health Network - crazykarl801 (DOI 10/13, dates 11/11, 11/18, 1/6, 1/20), DrJanltor (10/12)
Rhode Island
  • Brown - DOI 10/7 (8 unknown interview dates total, and three specific ones were offered), DOI 11/20
South Carolina
  • Palmetto Health Richland - Fox800 (DOI 10/13)
  • MUSC-Spartacus DOI:10/16 (Dates: 11/20, 11/30, 12/4, 12/7, 12/11)
Tennessee
  • U of Tennessee - Nashville/Murfreesboro - Stove 631 (9/25, Thursdays and Fridays Oct 15-Jan 22 except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years weeks), jtc2009 (DOI: 10/12, Interview dates: 10/22, 10/23, 10/30, 11/5, 11/12, 11/20, 12/3, 12/4, 1/8, 1/14, 1/15, 1/22)
  • Vanderbilt - Stove 631 (9/29, Fridays Nov 6 to Feb 5); Gryffindor100 (DOI 10/9; Dec 3, Dec 10, Dec 11, Dec 17, Dec 18, Jan 8, Jan 15, Jan 22, Jan 29, Feb 5)
  • UT Chattanooga - Date of invite 10/12; Interview Dates - Nov 11, 18; Dec 2, 9, 16; Jan 13
  • UT Memphis - CavalierPB (DOI 10/15, Dates: Nov 6, 13, 20, Dec 4, 11, 18, Jan 8)
Texas
  • Texas A&M - Date of invite: 9/28 (Dates offered: Oct 23, 28, 30; Nov 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20; Dec 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18; Jan 6, 8); jtc2009 (Invite: 10/8, Dates offered: Nov 6, 13, 18, 20, Dec 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, Jan 6, 8)
  • John Peter Smith- Cinematographer (Date of invite: 10/12; dates offered Nov 2, 9, 11, 18, 23; Dec 2, 7, 9, 14, 16; Jan 6, 11, 13)
  • Texas Tech Paul L. Foster SOM - El Paso - Cinclus (Date of invite: 10/13; Dates offered: Wednesdays Nov 4 - Feb 3)
  • Baylor College of Medicine - Cinclus (Date of invite: 10/13; Dates offered: Nov. 4, 11, 18, Dec. 2, 9, 16, Jan. 6, 13, 20 & 27), Cinematographer (DoI: 10/12), Frans (10/16)
  • Christus Spohn - Cinematographer (DoI: 10/15; Dates offered: Nov. 3, 4, 11, 17, 18, Dec. 1, 2, 9, 15, 16)
  • UT-Austin - (DoI: 10/16; Dates offered: November 16, 20, 23, 30, December 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, January 8, 11)
  • UT-Houston - Mountains (DOI 10/16; offered 11/6,10,17 12/8,11,15 and 1/5,12)
  • UTSW: Cinematographer (DoI: 10/16)
Virginia
  • VCU - (10/6; dates offered: Oct 23, Nov 6, 7, 13, 21, Dec 3, 4, 5, 11, 18); EM/CC_23; DOI 10/6; dates offered: same as above), wilg0013 (DOI 10/6)
  • Virginia Tech - date of invite 10/7 (Dates offered: Oct 21, Nov 4, 11, 18, Dec 2, 9, 16, Jan 6, 13)
  • UVA - Date of invite 10/13; Dates offered: Nov 4, 6, 11, 13, 18 24; Dec 2, 9, 11, 16; Jan 6, 8; Mountains (DOI 10/13)

EVMS: StephBee (DOI: 11/13), dates: 12/2,7,8,16 and 1/6,11
Washington
  • UWashington: doi 10/15 (Wed &Fri from Nov 6-Jan 13), Saminto (doi 10/18, only date still available 12/15)
West Virginia
  • West Virgina University - Cinclus (Date of invite: 10/15; Dates offered: October 22, November 5, 6, 12, 19, 20, December 3, 10, 11, 17, 18, January 7, 8, 14), porsche0427 (11/11, all spots filled, on WL)
Wisconsin
  • MCW - (DOI 10/12; dates offered October 16, 23 and 30, November 6, 13 and 20, December 4, 11 and 18)
  • University of Wisconsin - Clausewitz(DOI 10/13; dates offered November 5,12,19, and 25, December 3,10, and 17, January 7, and 14: Mountains (DOI 11/9)