2015-2016 Official Psychology Ph.D./PsyD Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
School Name: University of Denver
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/22/2016
Degree: PsyD
Type: Clinical
Notified via: Phone Call
Interview Date: 2/26/2016

I called to check on the status of applications, Admissions Director informed me I was on her list to call today. Scheduled the interview for 2/26 and was informed they would have a day of events scheduled the whole day.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
School Name: Clark University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/20/2016
Degree: PhD
Notified via: Phone Call and email
Interview Date: 2/10/2016 or 2/12/2016

School Name: Indiana State University
Degree: PsyD
Track: n/a
Notified via: Phone call
Interview Date: 2/12 or 2/19
Additional Info: Follow up email with details to be sent today

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from UC Boulder or Texas-Austin? One person posted for each on gradcafe that they got an invite via email at the beginning of January, but I have seen nothing else.

School Name: University of Florida
Date Interview Invite Received:
1/22/2016
Track: Neuropsychology
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/18-20
Additional Info: lodging may be provided by graduate students.

!!!!! 2/3 so far. So excited.

Has anyone heard from UCLA Clinical? I have seen one person post, but thats it. Just wondering if at this stage I should should just count myself out for that program...

Has anyone on here heard from Widener University? I saw one person on TGC that said they were invited to the 1/20 interview day a month ago, but have not seen anything else for the later interview dates.

Thanks.

School Name: New York University - Steinhardt
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/22/16
Type: Counseling
Track: There are no specific tracks
Interview Date: 2/12/16
Additional Info: Received an email from a program administrator with the invite letter attached. There is a voluntary meet and greet the evening before on 2/11 and then a full day of interviewing the following day.

Reactions: 1 users
School Name: Suffolk University
Program assistant

School Name: University of Missouri - Kansas City (UMKC)
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/22/16
Type: Clinical Psychology
Interview Date: 2/19

Additional Info: Interview from 9a-3p. If unable to attend, will set up skype/phone interview

School Name: University of Florida
Date Interview Invite Received:
1/22/2016
Track: Neuropsychology
Interview Date: 2/18-20
Additional Info: lodging may be provided by graduate students.

!!!!! 2/3 so far. So excited.

Just received an invitation for East Carolina as well. However, also on 2/19.

School Name: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Date Interview Invite Received:1/22/2016
Track: N/A
Notified via:email
Interview Date:2/27/16
Additional Info:social the night before, all day interview, happy hour following interview.

School Name: SUNY Albany
Track:
Notified via: Phone
POI
Interview Date: 2/27/2016

Members don't see this ad :)
School Name: University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15/2016
Notified via: Email and phone call
Interview Date: 1/15/2016
Additional Info: POI called and e-mailed to schedule a 1-hour phone interview. On-site/in-person interview not required; applicants will be notified within a few weeks/in a month if accepted and will be invited to attend the "Welcome Weekend" on the last weekend of February.
Could you confirm that the interview is 1/15? Or is it 2/15?

School Name: SUNY Albany
Track:
Interview Date: 2/27/2016
Congrats! Would you mind PMing your POI?

School Name: Suffolk University

Would you PM your POI?

Has any one heard from the Utah State University combined PhD Psychology program ??
I looked up their stuff from last year .. looks like they send invites out in early February. I am also waiting to hear..... ah !

If you don't get an interview, but also don't get a rejection .. does it mean you are probably on a waiting list? Just wondering! I applied to UVA (Curry School of Education), UNC Chapel Hill, Catholic University of America, and some others... I have seen people say that they got a rejection e-mail but I have not gotten a rejection. Does that really mean anything?

If you don't get an interview, but also don't get a rejection .. does it mean you are probably on a waiting list? Just wondering! I applied to UVA (Curry School of Education), UNC Chapel Hill, Catholic University of America, and some others... I have seen people say that they got a rejection e-mail but I have not gotten a rejection. Does that really mean anything?
I think some schools email rejections as a courtesy, but most just wait until you are "officially" no longer in consideration, which for the most part is after the incoming class is secured. If the school requires an interview, and you did not get an invitation (assuming they have gone out), it's highly unlikely that you would receive an offer. This is just my understanding of the situation.

School Name: Indiana University Bloomington
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/7/2016
Interview Date:2/4-2/6

School Name: Arizona State University
Date Interview Invite Received:1/21/2016
Type: Developmental
Interview Date:2/18-2/20

School Name: Syracuse
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/12/2016
Type: School
Interview Date: 2/25 or 2/26
Additional Info: half day interview

Has anyone heard from CUNY City College? I haven't seen anything on TGC but in past years they've sent out their invites by now. Any info would be appreciated! Feel free to PM me, thank you!

School Name: Syracuse
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/12/2016
Type: School
Interview Date: 2/25 or 2/26
Additional Info: half day interview
Hi! Can you PM your POI??? Thank you

Has anyone heard from the Washington State University Clinical Psych PhD Program? Thanks.

Could you confirm that the interview is 1/15? Or is it 2/15?
Sorry for the late response!

My phone interview was held on the same day that I was contacted (January 15th). On-site interviews are not required for this program, but accepted applicants will be invited to their Welcome Weekend that is tentatively scheduled for the last weekend in February (maybe 2/26-2/28). I will edit my original post to make that more clear! :)

Has anyone heard from CUNY City College? I haven't seen anything on TGC but in past years they've sent out their invites by now. Any info would be appreciated! Feel free to PM me, thank you!

Hi, I still haven't heard either!

Has anyone heard from Fordham counseling?? And I saw on the Grad cafe that Northeastern counseling has sent out invites... Didn't get one :( that was my first choice! So disappointing...

School Name: Boston University
Additional Info: Can Skype with POI beforehand if traveling arrangements cannot work. Can also be housed by a current student

School

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from the Washington State University Clinical Psych PhD Program? Thanks.

haven't heard a peep either, but it looks like last year, they sent out all of their invites by the end of January.

I received an invitation to interview at Washington State on 1/22/16. I'm not sure if they are finished issuing invites or not. Hope this helps.

I haven't heard anything either for rejection or acceptance to any of the universities I applied to. I guess no news is better than "No" news at this point. Hate the waiting game.

Has anyone heard from Syracuse clinical? I've seen some posts about school on here but not clinical.

Anyone heard from U Pitt or Rutgers?
Please PM your POI if you have/feel comfortable.
Thanks!

Has anyone heard anything from University of Pennsylvania's Clinical program?? I saw that people received interview invites on tgc, but I don't know if they are clinical.

Hello everyone, interviews be rolling! I was wondering if anyone has heard from:
Marquette University (Clinical)
Penn State University (Cognitive Psychology)
UT Austin (Clinical)
St. Louis University (Clinical)
Drexel University (Clinical)
University of Arizona (Clinical)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Cognitive Neuroscience)
University of Utah (Clinical)
USC (Clinical Science)

Some are not clinical, I understand. But any word from these?? Driving me nuts that it's almost the end of February and I haven't heard from any. I'm hoping no news is good news, but it seems that Marquette, UT Austin, and University of Utah are out on GradCafe...

Hello everyone, interviews be rolling! I was wondering if anyone has heard from:
UT Austin (Clinical)
USC (Clinical Science)

Some are not clinical, I understand. But any word from these?? Driving me nuts that it's almost the end of February and I haven't heard from any. I'm hoping no news is good news, but it seems that Marquette, UT Austin, and University of Utah are out on GradCafe...
My POI at Utah invited me to interview last week. They supposedly had meetings over the last two weeks to discuss applicants, but I'm not sure if all invites were issued.

I saw on TGC that someone heard from the clinical program at UMass Boston. Did other people hear from them today too? If you don't mind, please inbox me your POI. Thank you!

UT Austin (Clinical)
USC (Clinical Science)

According to The Grad Cafe, all Drexel invites have been sent out. I'd go check out the Grad Cafe to check the others on your list. I think I saw something for USC on there last week or the week before.

Good morning all!
Us East-Coasters are pretty buried in this snow! Winter is definitely upon us!

For those who are interested, I contacted Wyoming this morning to see if all interview invites have been extended, as this is one of my top choices. If you haven't heard anything yet, stay the course! The gal I spoke with stated that we should hear something in the next week or so if we are to be invited. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone heard from the University of Washington clinical psychology program?

School Name: University of Utah
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/25/2016
Interview Date: 2/19/2016
Additional Info: Can request an interview via phone or Skype if not available; will likely be an optional social event with current students the evening of 2/19; program assistant will provide more info/help with logistics; a faculty member should be following up with a personal invitation

School Name: University of Utah
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/25/2016
Interview Date: 2/19/2016
Additional Info: Can request an interview via phone or Skype if not available; will likely be an optional social event with current students the evening of 2/19; program assistant will provide more info/help with logistics; a faculty member should be following up with a personal invitation

Now I'm imagining 'lil Bub at an interview, doing that growly meow at a professor, talking about why she wants to be a psychologist.

Anyone hear from Columbia Teachers College?

Can someone message me the POI of the professors that have extended interview offers from UMass Boston. I still haven't heard anything. Thanks!