2015-2016 Official Psychology Ph.D./PsyD Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Emailed coordinator for UCF Clinical Psych PhD, was informed that all invites have been extended for interviews. Best of luck to those who got one!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also waiting to hear back from UMass Boston too, so if someone can private message with any POI(s) that have sent out invites, that would be great. Thank you!

They sent counseling psychology ones not any others . the poster was a counseling psychology post. I called the office and they haven't sent out invites.

Aww man. So have all of the counseling psych invitations gone out?

Hello everyone, interviews be rolling! I was wondering if anyone has heard from:
Marquette University (Clinical)
Penn State University (Cognitive Psychology)
UT Austin (Clinical)
St. Louis University (Clinical)
Drexel University (Clinical)
University of Arizona (Clinical)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Cognitive Neuroscience)
University of Utah (Clinical)
USC (Clinical Science)

Some are not clinical, I understand. But any word from these?? Driving me nuts that it's almost the end of February and I haven't heard from any. I'm hoping no news is good news, but it seems that Marquette, UT Austin, and University of Utah are out on GradCafe...
Drexel invited me on jan 12

School Name: University of South Alabama
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/28/2016
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Track: n/a
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/29

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
School Name: Roosevelt University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/28/2016
Degree: PsyD
Notified via: Mass Email
Interview Date: 2/19/2016 or 2/22/2016
Additional Info: Full interview day consisting of an introductory talk by Dr. Dienes-Williams (Director of the PsyD Program), interviews with two faculty members, lunch, a tour of the building, open question time, and time to chat with current students and fellow applicants. They didn't mention whether all invitations went out or not and they asked to specify which professors applicants want to meet with.

School Name: The Wright Institute
Date Interview Invite Received: Jan 25th
Notified via:Email
Interview Date: 2/18

School Name: Spalding University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/29/2016
Interview Date: 2/12, 2/26, 2/29, 3/4
Additional Info: Half day interview either morning or afternoon. Three 30 minute interviews conducted by two faculty members and two doctoral students with an information session/lunch

Reactions: 1 users
School Name: Spalding University
Interview Date: 2/12, 2/26, 2/29, 3/4
Additional Info: Half day interview either morning or afternoon. Three 30 minute interviews conducted by two faculty members and two doctoral students with an information session/lunch

Same here! Congrats!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey y'all. Everything is posted in the 1st post list! Hope everyone's past and upcoming interviews are going well!

If I missed your addition please let me know and I'll remedy it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So now that January's over, does this mean all invites have gone out?

So now that January's over, does this mean all invites have gone out?
No. Our program has not. They have a date and everything just have not sent out invitations.
Also, I think the last invitation I received was somewhere mid Feb. Good luck!

No. Our program has not. They have a date and everything just have not sent out invitations.

Phew, thank you so much for this.

Thank you!

School Name: Duquesne University
Type: School Psych
Interview Date: 2/22/2016
Additional Info: Can choose between morning (9-1) or afternoon (1-4) interview

School Name: University of Virginia
Date Interview Invite Received:1/29/2016
Type: Community Psych
Interview Date: 2/11-2/13

Hey so I've got an update for the University of Maryland-College Park clinical psychology PhD program for those of you that applied. The psych department said that all interview invitations have been extended and interviews are set for this week and possibly next week. For some reason I was still kinda holding out hope for this one since I haven't seen anything on here or TGC lol

Hey so I've got an update for the University of Maryland-College Park clinical psychology PhD program for those of you that applied. The psych department said that all interview invitations have been extended and interviews are set for this week and possibly next week. For some reason I was still kinda holding out hope for this one since I haven't seen anything on here or TGC lol
Thanks for the information! *Scratches them off list*

Anyone hear from Harvard or Teacher's College both clinical programs? If you have, who's your POI? thanks!

has anyone heard from Ohio State clinical since the in-person interviews?

Has anyone heard from University of Washington Seattle's clinical child program?

Called the counseling psychology department at Arizona State University to ask if all of their interview invitations have already been extended and was told that "they're still working on that." There's still hope! Someone posted on TGC that interviews will be on the weekend of Feb. 19.

Throwing this out there again: has anyone heard from Northwestern's clinical psychology program through the College of Arts & Sciences (Weinberg)?

School Name: Columbia University Teacher's college
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/2/16
Type: Counseling
Track: general
Interview Date: choose between 2/18 and 2/19
Additional Info: So I saw on the grad cafe that they were sending out invites last week and thought it was probably not going to happen but I got one today! So keep patient guys. Good things still might happen.

Reactions: 4 users
Called the counseling psychology department at Arizona State University to ask if all of their interview invitations have already been extended and was told that "they're still working on that." There's still hope! Someone posted on TGC that interviews will be on the weekend of Feb. 19.
Yay! That's the only one I've got left! Fingers crossed!

Has anyone heard from Harvard clinical? If you have can you post your POI
default_smile.png

School Name: Columbia University Teacher's college
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/2/16
Track: general
Interview Date: choose between 2/18 and 2/19
Additional Info: So I saw on the grad cafe that they were sending out invites last week and thought it was probably not going to happen but I got one today! So keep patient guys. Good things still might happen.
Just counseling track with no clinical focus?

Has anyone heard from Harvard clinical? If you have can you post your POI
default_smile.png
I had an initial phone interview, which would then determine whether you got an in person interview- I never heard back though and that was a couple weeks ago. Not sure if I should give up hope- anyone had an in person interview at Harvard?

I had an initial phone interview, which would then determine whether you got an in person interview- I never heard back though and that was a couple weeks ago. Not sure if I should give up hope- anyone had an in person interview at Harvard?
I'm in the same boat as you. Initial chat via email about research interest overlap. Sent research proposal that seemed to go over well per reply email-said would be in touch but haven't heard back yet about official interview invite...I'm thinking they may still be figuring out funding. From prior application cycles on TGC seems like it takes them a bit of time. That's my hope, anyway. Keepin' the faith!

It looks like LaSalle sent out invites today. Does anyone know if it was a general, mass email or if they heard from their POI directly?

Just counseling track with no clinical focus?

So the counseling psych phd at the Teacher's College is different from the clinical psych phd at the Teacher's College but they are both APA accredited so both of them adhere the science-practitioner model and train students to be both clinicians and researchers. So the counseling psych program has a clinical focus in that they train you in being a psychotherapist as well as a researcher but it's not clinical focused in that it's not a clinical psychology program. I hope that answered your question, but let me know if it didn't.

Harvard clinical psych doesn't have traditional interview days. Visits to campus aren't required in order to be accepted. PM if you applied and want more info.

To the person asking about the La Salle interview date: it was a mass email sent out to all applicants who had received an interview. Mine is on the 26th!

School Name: St. Johns University
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/4/16
Track: I requested to be in the Clinical Child Track, however I'm not sure if the interview is specifically for Child Track candidates or not.
Interview Date: There are 2 sessions per day over three days. You can choose one of 2 sessions on 2/29, 3/1, or 3/2.
Additional Info: It seems as though they're sending these out in waves because I saw people getting emails on 2/1 and 2/3.

School Name: Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/3/16
Track: Neuropsychology (I requested this track but the invite was for all interviewees regardless of track)
Interview Date: March 4th
Additional Info: interviews all day with an after event in the evening with current grad students and the applicants

For those wondering about the Clinical Psychology program at the Teacher's College, I saw that someone had been invited for an interview there on TGC. So it looks like they're starting to send out invites.

For those wondering about the Clinical Psychology program at the Teacher's College, I saw that someone had been invited for an interview there on TGC. So it looks like they're starting to send out invites.
Yep just saw that.. wondering if it was mass or from POI

Received a rejection e-mail from the Clinical program at U. of Maryland. Notified I am still under consideration for Master's Program.

School Name: University of San Francisco
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/1/16
Notified via:Email
Interview Date: 2/29/16
Additional Info: full day interview/workshop