2015-2016 panic thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When is the panic time for the MD cycle? Early or late November?
I'm planning to panic in December..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
⅔ schools got back to me with a waitlist. I can't express the panic beginning to brew...and definitely worried I might suck at interviewing. Should hear from one more this or next week. I'm going to be devastated if it's another wait list

⅔ schools got back to me with a waitlist. I can't express the panic beginning to brew...and definitely worried I might suck at interviewing. Should hear from one more this or next week. I'm going to be devastated if it's another wait list

That sucks. And I would for sure be panicking, too. (In fact, I am panicking waiting on II's...) But waitlist isn't a rejection! You're still in the game. You may just end up being one of those folks who gets accepted later on in the cycle. :nod:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm reading through threads seeing all of the people being accepted and all of the interview offers being given out and I'm panicking. It seems there aren't that many interview dates left and all I have is one II, three rejections and silence from over 20 schools.

Worried even though I have a few II's after reading of all these SDNets getting waitlisted post interview I don't have any clue how to interview and hope I can manage to snag 1 acceptance. I really don't want to be struggling like this next year.

Worried even though I have a few II's after reading of all these SDNets getting waitlisted post interview I don't have any clue how to interview and hope I can manage to snag 1 acceptance. I really don't want to be struggling like this next year.
I feel you man. Idk if it's panic but sometimes I just get so down thinking about it and waiting for three post interview decisions. I get this depressed daunting feeling.

After one week of easy spirit, I gained my panic back again. Definitely not a great feeling...

Reactions: 1 users
after being placed on hold by state school I thought I was a sure II for, panic is beginning to slowly set it.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel you man. Idk if it's panic but sometimes I just get so down thinking about it and waiting for three post interview decisions. I get this depressed daunting feeling.
I haven't even gone on the II's and I am worried. Then sometimes I think, what if I don't like medical school? What if I get bored of medicine and the biology? It's like all these crazy hamsters running helter skelter in my head with anxiety.

Oh well, part of the normal process I suppose.

Ugh I can't believe the silence is continuing :(

Ugh I can't believe the silence is continuing :(
I hear ya! Im in the same situation as you. One II and 3 rejections..and 20 something to hear from. Trying hard to keep the faith!

I woke up this morning and here was my first thought:

2/3 of the schools I'm going to hear back from soon have turned out to be wait-lists. If this next one is a wait-list, then my only other chances are the interviews I've recently been on. And I haven't been getting any MD II in Oct, which makes me feel like my bunch of interviews I have currently/have been on are all I'm going to get.

Almost feel like if I got an II, I'd feel a little better knowing I still have more chances. Only 2 more left :(

just received my CWRU/CCCLM rejection.. only 32 peeps, but still, would be nice to have another II.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't even gone on the II's and I am worried. Then sometimes I think, what if I don't like medical school? What if I get bored of medicine and the biology? It's like all these crazy hamsters running helter skelter in my head with anxiety.

Oh well, part of the normal process I suppose.

We'd be really good friends in real life haha

I hear ya! Im in the same situation as you. One II and 3 rejections..and 20 something to hear from. Trying hard to keep the faith!

Same here...Like seriously when I am gonna hear something! I have been under review at most of these places since late July-Mid august...that can't be a good sign at this point.

I have 1 II but it is at a school that waitlists almost all OOS applicants and there is no movement until May..

Slightly panicking because I thought I would have had an interview at my state school by now (interview 48% of applicants and accept >50% of interviewees) but maybe I am not even good enough for them :(

Reactions: 3 users
18 Secondaries completed; 0 rejections and 0 IIs...thoughts on them apples? I have no idea what to think...

I have 1 II but it is at a school that waitlists almost all OOS applicants and there is no movement until May..

Slightly panicking because I thought I would have had an interview at my state school by now (interview 48% of applicants and accept >50% of interviewees) but maybe I am not even good enough for them :(

Do you mind me asking which state?

I had two interviews both to which I was invited in Mid/late August: One is a wait list, the other I have yet to hear from. Aside from that... not even a peep. Simply disheartening

Most were ready for review in early/mid August. With a couple 2ndry completed during Early September

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on when you were complete

Most 2nds completed in July/August, but I just got my MCAT scores October 12th. I got two more 2nds on 10/13; submitted them 10/24.

Most 2nds completed in July/August, but I just got my MCAT scores October 12th. I got two more 2nds on 10/13; submitted them 10/24.

So technically you only have been complete for 2 weeks, that's why, sit tight!

how'd the mcat go?

So technically you only have been complete for 2 weeks, that's why, sit tight!

how'd the mcat go?
Meh...not great; not terrible. My application is strong; MCAT hopefully will not discourage my reviewers.

I had two interviews both I was invited in Mid/late August: One is a wait list, the other I have yet to hear from. Aside from that... not even a peep. Simply disheartening

Most were ready for review in early/mid August. With a couple 2ndry completed during Early September

Try 2 waitlists and waiting for a 3rd...I get anxiety just thinking about it. if this third one turns out to be a waitlist, I wonder if that means I suck at interviewing :(

I have actually noticed a decrease in my health over the past two months. The neuroticism and stress is killing me. At this point I just want to hear something....anything back. The silence is deafening.

When is the proverbial "Oh ****" time to start worrying? December? Should I start planning a plan B in December?

Try 2 waitlists and waiting for a 3rd...I get anxiety just thinking about it. if this third one turns out to be a waitlist, I wonder if that means I suck at interviewing :(

well... you're beating me at # of interviews. Despite no acceptances, at least they trust us enough to give us an audience - you 3x and me 2x

That moment you walk out of an interview feeling like you killed it then that feeling slowly slowly disappears as you start to recall all the negatives. Long plane rides home don't help.

That moment you walk out of an interview feeling like you killed it then that feeling slowly slowly disappears as you start to recall all the negatives. Long plane rides home don't help.

EVERY TIME

When is the proverbial "Oh ****" time to start worrying? December? Should I start planning a plan B in December?

I am in hot pursuit of a plan B now just incase I have to reapply.

Aww :( I definitely know the feeling though, just try not to think about it! And if it makes you feel any better, I cried during an interview and was pretty convinced I'd be rejected because of it but I wasn't. You are probably judging yourself too harshly :)

Aww :( I definitely know the feeling though, just try not to think about it! And if it makes you feel any better, I cried during an interview and was pretty convinced I'd be rejected because of it but I wasn't. You are probably judging yourself too harshly :)

When you in the middle of a sentence but you realize what your saying is pointless/ doesn't make sense and you stop and start a new sentence / change the topic happened twice. He was very nice so it was hard to read him. I think the positives definitely out weighed the negatives but I brought up social justice and a little politics. With my background it was inevitable. Not sure if he was conservative or liberal, so hopefully my views are not a deciding factor for him as they shouldn't be. I'm stupid.

Also when you are one of two people out of 20 from a no name school and the rest go to top schools like nyu washu

When you in the middle of a sentence but you realize what your saying is pointless/ doesn't make sense and you stop and start a new sentence / change the topic happened twice. He was very nice so it was hard to read him. I think the positives definitely out weighed the negatives but I brought up social justice and a little politics. With my background it was inevitable. Not sure if he was conservative or liberal, so hopefully my views are not a deciding factor for him as they shouldn't be. I'm stupid.

I don't think that looks that bad! It definitely happens to all of us, especially during high-stress situations like an interview. I'm sure he'll understand that you're only human and sometimes our thoughts don't translate to words as well as we'd like.

Also when you are one of two people out of 20 from a no name school and the rest go to top schools like nyu washu

I definitely understand this feeling. I interviewed at my top choice school and they had us go around and tell the group something, and OMG everyone was so insanely accomplished, I started to wonder what they saw in me lol. But they invited you for a reason :D

Lol, they didnt do that to us but they had the list of interviewees and their undergrad next to the bagels.

I definitely understand this feeling. I interviewed at my top choice school and they had us go around and tell the group something, and OMG everyone was so insanely accomplished, I started to wonder what they saw in me lol. But they invited you for a reason :D

On my first interview at my state school, I was shocked that I, who's 20, was the only one younger than 24 at my interview. To add to that I was the only person who went to a state school too - the others were rich snobs who all went to ivy leagues and did amazing internships abroad and at home. Honestly, I felt mad insecure during my interviews. Had I read your post earlier maybe my interview wouldn't have been so scary, and I'd been more confident. What is done is done, and I will hope that my best at that time was good enough for at least a spot @ high priority wait list. Thanks for the remainder I will strive to only better myself in the future.

I just finished my only interview. Wasn't the worse interview, but not the best either. Nothing left to do but wait I guess. And hope for more interviews maybe. :(

Still waiting
And panicking

But you have nothing to panic about!! :D

I'm not even waiting anymore and I'm still panicking. I think it has just become a permanent part of my personality at this point.

haha yeah the 4 SUNYs in NY. 1 hold and 3 silences :(

Very nice! I am sure they are just wading through thousands of until they get to yours!

I feel like we are applying to similar schools, I see you in a lot in threads :)

But you have nothing to panic about!! :D

I'm not even waiting anymore and I'm still panicking. I think it has just become a permanent part of my personality at this point.
Yes I dooo!
And yes panicking out of habit lol

Had a very vivid dream last night in which I got an acceptance. Then I woke up and remembered I haven't even interviewed anywhere yet. HA! panicpanicpanic :nailbiting::arghh:

Haven't heard anything in nearly 1.5 months. Literally losing sleep over it and feeling tired all the time ;(

Reactions: 4 users
Haven't heard anything in nearly 1.5 months. Literally losing sleep over it and feeling tired all the time ;(

+1 except it's been cricket chirps for 2.5 - 2.8 months for many of my schools