2015-2016 panic thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This wait for II's is a killer..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Rejection from Rochester ugh

feeling so down today with no II =((

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at the point where even rejections would be relief because that would mean I could start working on some sort of plan b. Over 1.5 months at all schools, over 2 months for my state school and two others.

No, rejections are not a relief. Take it from someone who was included in the massive wave of rejections Rochester sent out like an hour ago. It's definitely better to hear nothing.

Reactions: 5 users
No, rejections are not a relief. Take it from someone who was included in the massive wave of rejections Rochester sent out like an hour ago. It's definitely better to hear nothing.
Sorry to hear that. Though I prefer no hope to false hope.

Hopping on the panic bandwagon here. My one II (at my state school) resulted in a Wait List/Deferred Decision, and I've gotten nothing but rejections and silence apart from that. So, it seems like an appropriate time for me to join this thread.

But it's not false hope. If you haven't been rejected yet, there is still hope.
From schools infamous for silent rejections where interviews have been sent out to applicants who were complete noticeably later than I was makes me assume false hope.

I'm still anxious. No IIs. Nothing but 3 somewhat expected rejections since August. Positive side: have a 98% in biochem after two tests. So... Hopefully some school accepts me so this overpriced class becomes worth it!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From schools infamous for silent rejections where interviews have been sent out to applicants who were complete noticeably later than I was makes me assume false hope.

You're doing it to yourself, (space)man. You could have hope, but you're choosing to be pessimistic about it.

You're doing it to yourself, (space)man. You could have hope, but you're choosing to be pessimistic about it.
People say I'm pessimistic, but I prefer to see myself as realistic because I'm optimistic.

I hear you man. I got my II exactly a month ago and this rejection hurt. Realistically the majority of schools are gonna send rejections however, so gotta be realistic

When is the panic time for the MD cycle? Early or late November?

I'm starting to feel the panic coming on, and it's getting close to early November... I think late November might be when I really start panicking though. I just received another rejection today, so at least I know they're looking at my app!????!? LOL

I'm starting to feel the panic coming on, and it's getting close to early November... I think late November might be when I really start panicking though. I just received another rejection today, so at least I know they're looking at my app!????!? LOL
Sometimes something is better than nothing...depending on the school. Haha.

I feel like I've even stopped getting junk mail.

So anyone seen any of those predicted post oct 15th interview invites that everyone was talking about?

S3fU6bs.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
So anyone seen any of those predicted post oct 15th interview invites that everyone was talking about?

S3fU6bs.jpg
haha I think that was 98% wishful thinking, 1% delusion, and 1% possibility

Reactions: 2 users
I honestly think that many schools haven't sent out many more IIs at all since the start of the month. I know Dartmouth has, but there's hardly anyone on SDN who got a II from USC or Hofstra since October started.

Panic has set in again...its Friday :(...only one II...:( and not until Feb.

Reactions: 1 users
Here's to hoping that November will be better!

Reactions: 5 users
Didn't anyone tell you? November is when all the kids on the panic thread get accepted to medical school. :cat:

Reactions: 8 users
Didn't anyone tell you? November is when all the kids on the panic thread get accepted to medical school. :cat:

Haha that would make me so happy! But it has seemed super quiet these past few weeks. Hopefully that means November is the month for II's!!

Rejected from Stony today. 3 rejections 1 II :(

I looked at the 2014-2015 panic thread and followed up on the applicants. It looked like about 2/3s of them eventually got accepted, and one of the ones who didn't had one of the hardest red flags to overcome as a pre-med.

Of course, the Medical Student status SDN doesn't distinguish between MD and DO acceptances, so many of them may have gotten DO acceptances- which is a still a huge win, since they'll be doctors.

Reactions: 3 users
I looked at the 2014-2015 panic thread and followed up on the applicants. It looked like about 2/3s of them eventually got accepted, and one of the ones who didn't had one of the hardest red flags to overcome as a pre-med.

Of course, the Medical Student status SDN doesn't distinguish between MD and DO acceptances, so many of them may have gotten DO acceptances- which is a still a huge win, since they'll be doctors.
Which red flag did they have?

What? Dont you have incredible stats? How do you only have 1 II? I am confused.
Hardly incredible I'd say. Weak ECs, 2.7sGPA, 2.97c, 4.0SMP, 35 MCAT

So are we deciding collectively as a group...From what I and others have seen October was just not a very active month for much II offers??

If so heres to hoping to things pick up in November for all of us!!

Reactions: 6 users
Hardly incredible I'd say. Weak ECs, 2.7sGPA, 2.97c, 4.0SMP, 35 MCAT

Well, those are pretty good. I thought a strong performance in a SMP overshadowed a previous UGPA.

Not sure why those with at least 1 II are panicking. You at least have an interview invite. There are plenty of people with no II (including me) who aren't panicking just yet. First world problems...

True, but you got to understand that depending where you are interviewing you may only have a 20-30% of getting accepted post-interview. The more proverbial dips in the pot the better. But you deserve II's for being chill, props to you.

^^ This. MD schools do not have the same post interview acceptance rate that many DO schools have. Usually at best, you have a 50 percent chance of being accepted at MD schools post interview. An interview without an acceptance is just as good as having no interview in the first place.

Well, those are pretty good. I thought a strong performance in a SMP overshadowed a previous UGPA.
It should but unfortunately all the cool stuff I've done EC wise has been since my primary submission

you guys (and gals) are panicking pretty early.. it's not even December yet.

you guys (and gals) are panicking pretty early.. it's not even December yet.

It is almost November though which is kind of late

It is almost November though which is kind of late

yes but I was under the impression that you can be notified from now until late march-early april, is this true?

Last edited:
this true but I was under the impression that you can be notified from now until late march-early april, is this true?

Depends, Drexel notifies as late as february but UA Phoenix finishes giving II as early as mid december

this true but I was under the impression that you can be notified from now until late march-early april, is this true?
I feel like interview invitations are much more scarce December-March than people advertise. Many schools conduct them throughout that time but most of those were invited and scheduled much earlier. At least that's the vibe I got last year. I was all pumped for some interview "action" in the new year, and ended up feeling the metaphorical "blue balls" big time. For my own mental health I'm not counting on anything new after December. If it happens it is a nice surprise.

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like interview invitations are much more scarce December-March than people advertise. Many schools conduct them throughout that time but most of those were invited and scheduled much earlier. At least that's the vibe I got last year. I was all pumped for some interview "action" in the new year, and ended up feeling the metaphorical "blue balls" big time. For my own mental health I'm not counting on anything new after December. If it happens it is a nice surprise.

Yeah I agree...While obviously I would welcome an II at ANY time...I am hoping November will be the big push and I will hear back from the remaining 15-18 schools...wishful thinking

yes but I was under the impression that you can be notified from now until late march-early april, is this true?

technically yes. practically, november is pretty late

Yeah I agree...While obviously I would welcome an II at ANY time...I am hoping November will be the big push and I will hear back from the remaining 15-18 schools...wishful thinking

really hoping to hear some love from all the schools giving me silence too