2015-2016 Post-Doc Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would not be upset if one of my sites decided to jump the gun and offer now...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Actually, I'm still confused about this aspect. If someone is less confused, could you tell me if it's likely that a site following the APPA suggestions could be calling me early to offer a position? Like, if they get a request for a reciprocal offer from someone who's second on their list, and say I was first, would they put the second person on hold and call me? Or is it they reject that person, then wait til the UND to call?

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, I'm still confused about this aspect. If someone is less confused, could you tell me if it's likely that a site following the APPA suggestions could be calling me early to offer a position? Like, if they get a request for a reciprocal offer from someone who's second on their list, and say I was first, would they put the second person on hold and call me? Or is it they reject that person, then wait til the UND to call?
I'm curious about this, too. It probably depends on the site, but my understanding is if the site is attempting to abide by APPA CAS/UND, it will only accept a request for a reciprocal offer if that individual is the site's top choice. Otherwise, it will decline being able to make a reciprocal offer at that time. Then again, I'm not sure if there are any rules or formal guidelines in this go-around..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have pretty much all sites, except 1 not using APPA CAS. And those sites have only now started to review applications and send out interviews. When I tell them about my timeline and notification day -- it does not appear to mesh well. It's super frustrating.

In sum ;) APPA CAS does not seem to go well with research focused post docs. ::end rant::
Yes, I hear you on this!! So frustrating!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I hear you on this!! So frustrating!

How are you handling your decision making? I feel like since the other sites can't really get back to us by March 8, and unless the APPA CAS sites will wait ... it's pretty much the APPA CAS site?

How are you handling your decision making? I feel like since the other sites can't really get back to us by March 8, and unless the APPA CAS sites will wait ... it's pretty much the APPA CAS site?
Good question...I don't know! I think it depends on what you want? If you get one that follows APPA CAS and you really want another one that hasn't decided or even done interviews yet, you could email that site and let them know you have an offer? I think I'm probably going to go with one of my three APPA CAS sites but will see!

Good question...I don't know! I think it depends on what you want? If you get one that follows APPA CAS and you really want another one that hasn't decided or even done interviews yet, you could email that site and let them know you have an offer? I think I'm probably going to go with one of my three APPA CAS sites but will see!

I have one non APPA CAS that is interviewing me soon so they can potentially give me an offer before March 8. Though my APPA CAS site is the one I'm likely to choose.

Are you all following up with thank you/professional 'remember-me-I-loved-your-site-the-best' emails? (Just kidding about latter...well, ummm, not really.)

And if you are, are you sending them to multiple interviewers (or just the fellowship director)?

I'm on the fence b/c I feel like my most desired site is aware of my overwhelming positive impression, but I won't really have any more communication with them until we hear of the final decision (i.e., all interviews are over for me).

Just thinking of primacy/recency effects...

Are you all following up with thank you/professional 'remember-me-I-loved-your-site-the-best' emails? (Just kidding about latter...well, ummm, not really.)

And if you are, are you sending them to multiple interviewers (or just the fellowship director)?

I'm on the fence b/c I feel like my most desired site is aware of my overwhelming positive impression, but I won't really have any more communication with them until we hear of the final decision (i.e., all interviews are over for me).

Just thinking of primacy/recency effects...

I haven't sent thank you emails but maybe I should. I am not sure if they make a difference and I do not want to sound like a kiss up so have been hesitant.

From the fellowship side...while we are usually really busy, we still know our top choices. Don't worry about a F/U email if you told them already that you are still very interested. Most sites put a lot of time into the review process, so we know our applicants pretty well. :D

Best of luck.

I sent thank you emails- with a similar mindset to internship. That is won't make a difference but it's always advised to do so kinda thing and I took the time to restate my strong interest in their program.

Well it's not official until it's on SDN - accepted a post doc this afternoon! Got an early offer, which led to a reciprocal offer, and am thrilled to be staying right where I am next year. Good luck to you all!! Sounds like things are very slowly picking up at VAs

Reactions: 8 users
Well it's not official until it's on SDN - accepted a post doc this afternoon! Got an early offer, which led to a reciprocal offer, and am thrilled to be staying right where I am next year. Good luck to you all!! Sounds like things are very slowly picking up at VAs
Yay!!!! So if I understand correctly, your early offer was not your first choice, so you went to your first choice with early offer and asked for reciprocal offer which they granted? Congrats on staying!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay!!!! So if I understand correctly, your early offer was not your first choice, so you went to your first choice with early offer and asked for reciprocal offer which they granted? Congrats on staying!!!

Thank you!! Yup the early offer said I could hold the offer for about a week, accept or decline. I contacted my first choice and asked for a reciprocal offer which they granted. I declined the original offer and went ahead and emailed the other sites I applied to as well (which is all super awkward!)

I accepted an offer too So nice to be done!

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted an offer from my 1st choice! I'll have to relocate for a year but the training is worth it. Now I just need to figure out how to pack up 10 years worth of stuff. :thinking:

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck to all waiting to hear about early offers!

Last edited:
Is anyone considering any part-time postdocs? What do you think the pros and cons would be?

I'm curious about this, too. It probably depends on the site, but my understanding is if the site is attempting to abide by APPA CAS/UND, it will only accept a request for a reciprocal offer if that individual is the site's top choice. Otherwise, it will decline being able to make a reciprocal offer at that time. Then again, I'm not sure if there are any rules or formal guidelines in this go-around..

Just pasting the relevant guideline from the APPIC site in case anyone needs it:

If prior to March 7, 2016 you receive a bona fide offer from a postdoctoral training program that is not your first choice, you may contact your top ranked program and ask for a reciprocal offer. That program may ask for verification of the offer. If a reciprocal offer is extended to you, it is expected that you will promptly accept.

Here's the link if anyone is interested in reading more: https://www.appic.org/About-APPIC/Postdoctoral/APPIC-Postdoctoral-Selection-Guidelines

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those who have already accepted positions! For those who are awaiting UND.. what are folks doing Monday morning (i.e., not scheduling any patients, taking the day completely off..)? Any good distraction ideas leading up to Monday?

Is anyone considering any part-time postdocs? What do you think the pros and cons would be?

Not enough money to live. lol

The main concern I would have (other than income, as erg mentioned, which may or may not be an issue) is that it's going to take you longer to earn necessary supervised practice hours. I believe some states limit the period of accruing said hours to one year, so a part-time postdoc may then disqualify you from licensure in some states.

If nothing else, I'd check the licensure reqs of the state(s) in which you hope to work/live to be sure you won't be causing yourself any unnecessary headaches or hurdles.

Another disadvantage would likely be lack of benefits.

The main advantage, I imagine, would be having more time for other activities. Personally, I'd rather knock out the postdoc requirements ASAP (i.e., full-time), and then consider moving to a part-time role.

The main concern I would have (other than income, as erg mentioned, which may or may not be an issue) is that it's going to take you longer to earn necessary supervised practice hours. I believe some states limit the period of accruing said hours to one year, so a part-time postdoc may then disqualify you from licensure in some states.

If nothing else, I'd check the licensure reqs of the state(s) in which you hope to work/live to be sure you won't be causing yourself any unnecessary headaches or hurdles.

Another disadvantage would likely be lack of benefits.

The main advantage, I imagine, would be having more time for other activities. Personally, I'd rather knock out the postdoc requirements ASAP (i.e., full-time), and then consider moving to a part-time role.

Lack of benefits would be annoying, but I could always join my partner's plan. I am asking because I saw a postdoc listed that offers great training and supervision, but it is only part-time. I am not sure how much it pays yet. I would like to get licensed as soon as possible, so probably will not apply. Just bummed bc it would be great if it was full-time.

Lack of benefits would be annoying, but I could always join my partner's plan. I am asking because I saw a postdoc listed that offers great training and supervision, but it is only part-time. I am not sure how much it pays yet. I would like to get licensed as soon as possible, so probably will not apply. Just bummed bc it would be great if it was full-time.

Might at least be worth applying to get more of an idea of how well the reality lines up with what's advertised. Plus, they may have some flexibility (e.g., may be able to get you very close to full-time in terms of hours). My biggest concern would be the licensing issue and if taking >1 year to accrue hours would prohibit me from practicing somewhere I wanted to be.

I'm finding myself completely stuck between two sites. One is a formal post doc at a VA in a more desirable state, but doesn't offer much assessment and isnt really in the treatment setting I want to work long term. The population, though, is something I like.

The other is an informal post doc plus job in the treatment setting I love, but in a state I'm less excited about. I know and like the team members at this place, and will be able to do testing and create programming. Will also be able to be a part of their APA internship training.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this dilemma? I change my mind every couple minutes, really, and so even completely biased opinions are welcome. :)

I'm finding myself completely stuck between two sites. One is a formal post doc at a VA in a more desirable state, but doesn't offer much assessment and isnt really in the treatment setting I want to work long term. The population, though, is something I like.

The other is an informal post doc plus job in the treatment setting I love, but in a state I'm less excited about. I know and like the team members at this place, and will be able to do testing and create programming. Will also be able to be a part of their APA internship training.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this dilemma? I change my mind every couple minutes, really, and so even completely biased opinions are welcome. :)

I had this dilemma myself in trying to decide between two sites. I went with the place that had the training I wanted but in a less desired state. You can always move again if you want to but getting a certain kind of training can be more challenging the further along you get.

Same opinion: The latter option seems like a better professional fit, plus it's a job and the state could become more exciting if the people make it more likable, right? ;)

Thanks, everyone. This is really helpful feedback. I'd definitely been leaving more towards that one, but have gotten feedback from a couple sups that it's way too hard to move states after licensure. But you're all right, the training and experiences are much better at the less desirable state one.

You're welcome.

Also, you mention...

it's way too hard to move states after licensure

Who says? People do it all the time.

Personally, I won't have to think about transferring licensing because I'm staying put in my state. However, we can all agree that doing what you're passionate about makes for a better day of work, right?

I forgot to say earlier, if you're even remotely thinking about wanting to work in the VA (or certain populations within the VA) as a deciding factor, they'll always be entry points for employment once you're licensed in whatever state you end up.

Oh, and...

I'm finding myself completely stuck between two sites. One is a formal post doc at a VA in a more desirable state.

Let my offer go so I can accept it, please. Ha. :cool:

Good luck in this madness. :=|:-):

best of luck to everyone going into Monday morning. Can't wait to see how everyone does! One thing that helped me is to know that, even if nothing happens tomorrow, you have the rest of the year to seek out opportunities- sites open up spots constantly and you never know when an amazing opportunity will present itself. :)

Reactions: 4 users
So, of course, paranoia kicks in: What does it mean if your top site does not call/write/email tomorrow? Is it automatically assumed you are a lower ranked candidate and you just have to wait the week out?

Fortunately, I'll be super busy during the beginning of the week but...no matter how much I try fooling myself, I know next week is the "magic week," for my most favored post-doc opportunity. :nailbiting: And I just don't know if I should be chilled or a wreck? (Hopefully, I'll be chilled, of course.)

Outlooks? Perspectives? Suggested coping strategies?

Oh, I get it.

Sitting with ambivalence, not colluding with the paranoia... all good strategies, Folks.

Thanks, everyone. ;)

Good luck this week, future post-docs (somewhere or another...'we'll all get licensed eventually' is my new mantra)! :luck:

As I mentioned last year, I was sitting in my supervisor's office, wallowing in self-pity while she attempted to comfort me, when I got the phone call with my offer. So I am probably not a good person to ask. ;) I did find it more helpful to actually go to my internship site instead of just sitting at home, though.

I can say though that there are SO many positions that don't get filled or open up later. It's just a matter of time, and I know that part sucks. But it's extremely unlikely that you won't get anything at all for next year.

Oh, I get it.

Sitting with ambivalence, not colluding with the paranoia... all good strategies, Folks.

Thanks, everyone. ;)

Good luck this week, future post-docs (somewhere or another...'we'll all get licensed eventually' is my new mantra)! :luck:

Believe me, I'm supporting you! And yes, we'll all be licensed eventually :)

Accepted an offer from my #1 choice this morning :) I've been so busy that I haven't had the time to post! I am excited!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anybody heard of people backing out of an early offer they accepted in case they happened to get one from their top choice later? Is this a horrible thing to do or is it acceptable, given that the site didn't comply with the suggested notification date? I'm not in this predicament yet, but I'm wondering what to do in case it happens?

Has anybody heard of people backing out of an early offer they accepted in case they happened to get one from their top choice later? Is this a horrible thing to do or is it acceptable, given that the site didn't comply with the suggested notification date? I'm not in this predicament yet, but I'm wondering what to do in case it happens?

If you call your top site, and they don't give you a reciprocal offer, you either accept the first offer, or reject them and take your chances that your top site will work out. I'm sure there have been people in the past who have backed out of offers because better opportunities came along. However, it could have repercussions later for your career. You never know "who knows who," and you might be shutting some doors for yourself. That is not a certainty, though, so I would weigh the pros and cons and decide what is truly best for you accordingly.

I agree with ChiPhD99.

You're supposed to withdraw from all other programs when you accept a position, so this situation shouldn't happen anyway. When I withdrew my other applications after I accepted my spot, it was definitely bittersweet because there were other good choices- and some of the TDs told me they would have offered me a spot -but it's just not kosher at that point to go back on things. I decided to make it clear how much I liked the site and the faculty and try to leave the door open for collaboration or jobs in the future, and felt universally good about their responses.

It's a HUGE dick move. I've seen it happen once. That person's job prospects were destroyed in certain settings. People talk, and that's a huge stain on a reputation. Beyond repair? Maybe not, but I wouldn't want that on my career record.

It's a HUGE dick move. I've seen it happen once. That person's job prospects were destroyed in certain settings. People talk, and that's a huge stain on a reputation. Beyond repair? Maybe not, but I wouldn't want that on my career record.

A student in my program backed out of a VA postdoc last year because they were offered a job at their internship site. I remember our program being upset because it looks bad if other students from our program apply to that site in the future. I just accepted an offer at a site I really like. It requires an hour-and-a-half move, which sucks, but it could be a lot worse. I have an interview scheduled for new week at a local site (which would not require a move). Should I still attend that interview? It is great to get more interview experience, but I do not want to waste their time and fear that I may like that site better and want to go there. Thoughts?

It's up to you. But, it screws the site. After someone accepts a position, they tell all of their other applicants that there is no position anymore. They (presumably) accept other offers. That site now has no pool of applicants. They can go back out, but by now, most of the quality applicants are out. In my opinion, it's a terrible thing to do for an applicant to do. When you accept a position, I see it as binding. When someone reneges on that, it's a stain in my eyes, and I have no problem letting my colleagues know that this is a person to keep an eye out for when job applications roll in.

It's up to you. But, it screws the site. After someone accepts a position, they tell all of their other applicants that there is no position anymore. They (presumably) accept other offers. That site now has no pool of applicants. They can go back out, but by now, most of the quality applicants are out. In my opinion, it's a terrible thing to do for an applicant to do. When you accept a position, I see it as binding. When someone reneges on that, it's a stain in my eyes, and I have no problem letting my colleagues know that this is a person to keep an eye out for when job applications roll in.

It screws other applicants, too. Maybe the person who was the next choice for the postdoc that you accepted really wanted to go there, but they accepted a less-desirable offer after they were told that the position had been filled. And there's yet another applicant out there who really wanted the less-desirable offer, but that position is no longer available because it was taken by the applicant who really wanted the position that you accepted before you reneged. Even when the site that you reneged on reposts the position, if those two applicants renege on their commitments to their second choices, that screws over the applicants who might have preferred those positions. It's not cool, and our field is small in many ways - people remember things like this.

I interviewed for a position 10 days ago, who indicated that they were aiming to make offers on UND. As far as I know, no offers were made, but they did mention in the interview that they had recently extended their deadline for applications to late last week. I haven't had contact with the site since my interview. Would it be inappropriate to send an email asking for a status update? In the past, the site has had difficulty obtaining postdocs because it's not the most desirable location (in fact, candidates accepted offers and then reneged weeks later!).
I'm leaning toward sending a friendly "I'm really excited about the possibility of joining your team and was hoping you have an update on what the timeline looks like" type email.

Let's get this started (early, I know)! Post anything here relevant to post-doc interview questions, invites, or acceptances. I will try to alphabetize sites every few days at the top of the list.

As interviews start to come in, please post within this thread or PM to it me (click my username and then "start conversation") if you wish to remain anonymous.

-Site name
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.)
-Invite or rejection
-Track (please specify even for general tracks)
-Interview dates offered

In the spirit of EEpsychstudent, also include the type and number of cookies eaten today!
early January/February

**PLEASE NOTE: VA SITES HAVE BEEN MOVED TO THE BOTTOM UNDER "VA SITES" -- EASIER TO ORGANIZE!

MEDICAL/OUTPATIENT/HOSPITAL/UCC SITES:

All Children's Hospital
Rejection
Personal Email
Neuropsychology

Augusta University/ East Central Regional Hospital
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): email, 1/19
-Invite or rejection: invite
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): forensic
-Interview dates offered: 2/12, 2/15

Baylor, Scott, and White
Neuropsychology
Invite via email for interviews at INS

Barrow Neurological Institute
1/8/16; personal email
Invite
Neuropsychology
2/2 before INS conference in Boston
No other dates available

Brown University
Alpert School of Medicine

-Date notified and notification style: Notified on 1/21/15 by personal email
-Invite or rejection: Invite
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Neuropsychology
-Interview dates offered: at INS

California Department of State Hospitals -- Vacaville

Invite
Personal email on 01/27/2016
Interview dates: 02/22/2016, 02/25/2016
In-person interviews only

Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Notified on 1/13 via email
Invitation
Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interviews at INS on 2/2

Children's National Medical Center
-1/11 personal email
-Invite
-Track: Neuropsych
-Interviews: Held at INS, primarily on 2/2 from 9-5.

Children's Hospital Colorado
-Date notified and notification style: Notified on 1/19/15 by personal email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Pediatric Neuropsychology, Neurology Track

Circles of Care, Inc. hospital, Melbourne, FL
Rejection, personal email on 01/20/2016

Cleveland Clinic
Date notified and notification style: 1/8, email
-Invites
-Tracks: Adult Health Psychology, Adult Chronic Pain
-Dates offered: 1/28

Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo
Invite, only one track
Generic email received on 01/19/2016

Emory/Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
-Date notified and notification style: 12/21/2015 via personal email
-Invite or rejection: Rejection
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Pediatric Neuropsychology

Florida Hospital
Invite
Personal Email

Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
-1/19, personalized letter via carrier mail
-rejection
-Clinical Neuropsychology

George Washington University Counseling Center
Personalized emails
Invitation to Interview
3/1/16 (only date given)

Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
1/11/16; personal email
Invite
Neuropsychology
Offered several dates between 1/12 and 2/1
Skype preferred

Indiana University School of Medicine
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/11 via personalized email
-Interview dates offered: Anytime in the next two weeks, INS

Institute of Living/ Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT
Adult Inpatient track
Personal email on 01/29/2016
Invite, no dates offered yet, a separate email will be sent with dates.

Kaiser Permanente - South Bay Consortium, Santa Clara
1/7/16 - by phone
Invite
Adult Psychiatry
Interviews to be held on Fridays throughout January, on-site

Kaiser Permanente - Central Valley Consortium, Elk Grove
1/8/16 - by phone
Invite
Adult Psychiatry
Interviews on site 2/1 and 2/9

-Kaiser Permanente West Bay Consortium – Redwood City
-1/12/2016, personal email
-Invite
-Adult Psychiatry
-2/10/2016
All-day interview, 9am-3pm

Kaiser Permanente East Bay Consortium - Pleasanton
-Date notified: Mass email on 1/15/16
-Track: Adult
-Interview dates offered: 2/19/16

Kaiser (Roseville)
Neuropsychology
Invite via email on 1/17/16 for onsite interviews 1/28, 1/29, 2/2, or 2/3

Kennedy Krieger Institute

Rejection
Personal Email

-Notified 2/5 by personal email
-Invite
-Behavior Management Clinic
-Interview dates offered: onsite 2/11 in AM or PM, 2/22 and 2/25 OR skype/phone

Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical
-Notified: 1/4/2016 by personal email
-Invite
-Track: Behavioral Medicine
- Offered 1/7, 1/8, 1/11, 1/14

Mayo Clinic
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): notified 1/12/16 via phone call from training director
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Clinical Health Psychology, Integrated Primary Care
-Interview dates offered: 1/29. 2/1, 2/5

Mendota Mental Health Institute --
Madison, WI, only one track
Invite
Generic email
In-person interviews offered on 2/15 and 2/16

Menninger Clinic (Houston TX)
Invite via personal email on 01/14/2016
Only one track, three units, but you can pick all of them.
In-person interview dates: 02/08, 02/10, 02/15, 02/17, 02/22, 02/24, 02/29

McClean medical center/Harvard Medical school
Neuropsychology
Waitlisted for interview
Replied after followup email on 1/19/16

MUSC (Medical University of S. Carolina)
-12/18/2015, personal email
-Invite
-Behavioral Medicine/Clinical Health
-Interview dates offered:
-Friday, January 15
-Tuesday, January 19
-Monday, January 25

MUSC (Forensic)
-Interview dates offered: 2/3, 2/10

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College - Fellowship in Eating Disorders

-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.):
-Invite or rejection:
-Track: Eating Disorders

Neuropsychological Services of New Mexico
-Date notified 1/5/16 (personal email)
-Invite
-Track - Pediatric Neuropsychology
-Interview at INS

State Operated Forensic Services, St. Peter, MN
Rejection, Personalized email received on 01/21/2016

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
-Date notified 1/6/15 (personal email)
-Invite
-Track - Pediatric Psychology

New St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
-Date notified 1/8/15 (personal email)
-Invite

Portland DBT Institute
Date notified and style: 01/11/16 by mass email
Invite
Post-doctoral residency position
Interview occurs over two days: February 15th and 16th

Serious Mental Health fellowship -- East Central Regional Hospital/ Augusta University
Rejection, personalized email, 02/18/2016

Sutter Health
-Date notified 1/6/16 (phone call)
-Invite
-Skype interview

Stanford University CAPS
1/25/2016, Mass e-mail
Reject
Training Track

Stanford University School of Medicine - Department of Psychiatry
-Date notified and notification style: Notified on 1/16/15 by personal email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): General Track
-Interview dates offered: 1/12, 1/29, 2/4, 2/9, 2/18

Stanford Clinical Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship: Sleep Medicine
-Rejection

STRONG STAR Consortium
PTSD TRACK
Invite: 12/11 via e-mail
Phone interviews will be scheduled between now and January 15th with on-site visits offered in

Texas Children's Hospital
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/13/16 via personal email
-Invite or rejection: rejection
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Clinical Neuropsychology

UC Davis Medical Center Department of Neurology
12/29/2015; personal email
Invite
Neuropsychology
Offered single interview date of 1/6/15 but was flexible with date

University of Kansas Psycho-Oncology and Behavioral Medicine Fellowship
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 12/10 via personalized email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Psycho-Oncology/Behavioral Medicine
-Interview dates offered: 1/8/16
Cookies: 2, key lime

University of Kansas Medical Center NeuroRehabilitation Psychology Fellowship
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/4 via personalized email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): NeuroRehabilitation
-Interview dates offered: 2/8/16

University of Kansas School of Medicine Wichita
-1/19 via email
-rejection

University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/13/16 via personal email

University of Minnesota Human Sexuality Fellowship
Interview Dates: Friday's between 1/21 and 2/19. They want people to come and interview in-person.

U. Oklahoma Health Sciences Center

1/22, phone
Primary Care
In person or phone interviews, flexible

University of California, San Diego - CAPS
Invite
Generic email
Interview dates: 1/25, 1/29, 2/1, 2/5

University of California, Los Angeles - CAPS
Rejection
Personalized email

UC Berkeley CPS
1/18/2016
Invite
Call and e-mail
2/3, 2/10,2/11

UVA Forensic
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): Jan. 25
-Invite or rejection: waitlist
-Interview dates offered: N/A

VHA National Center for Organization Development
Date Notified: 1/15 via personal email
Interview Dates: 2/1 and 2/16

Ann Arbor VA (Univ of Mich)

-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/11: email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): VA Adult Clinical Track
-Interview dates offered: 1/20; 1/22; 1/28

Arkansas State Hospital
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/14, email from DCT
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): no track - forensic
-Interview dates offered: 2/12 or 2/19
- No cookies yet;)

Battle Creek VA
-1/15/2016
-Invite
-MHRRTP
-2/17, 2/18, 2/24, 2/25

Baltimore VA PTSD track.
They offered Feb 4th and 11th interview dates.
Interviews are 8-1:30 pm.

Baltimore VA (Health - HIV/liver disease)
Personalized Email on 1/15
Interviews ending around lunch time, offered 1/20 and 1/27

Bedford VAMC
-12/21 personal email
-Invite
-Interviews: 1/5 & 1/6 on-site; also offered Skype option

Boston VAMC LGBTQ Mental Health Fellowship

Notification: Personal email on 1/6
Interviews for this track: 1/29 or 2/5
Cookies eaten today: No cookies, but chocolate!

Boston VAMC Dual Diagnoses/Substance Abuse Tx program
-E-mail 1/6/15
-Invite to both tracks
-1/29, 2/1, 2/5, 2/8,

Boston VAMC Post-Deployment Readjustment
-1/6/16 via personalized email
-Invite
-Postdeployment Readjustment
-1/22/16; 2/1/16; 2/8/16

Boston VAMC Neuropsych
-Date notified: 1/8 via email
-Rejection
-Track: Neuropsychology

Boston VAMC Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Mass email on 1/8
Rejection
Track: PTSD

Brooklyn VA (Gero track).
Invite: 1/22
Personalized email.
Interview dates 2/1 2/3 and 2/12

Central Arkansas VA

-Date notified: 1/14 (email)
-Invite
-Interview dates offered: Various times Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at INS

Central Arkansas VA
Notification: Personal email on 2/1
Interview Offered
Interview dates: 2/26 or 3/4

Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): Email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Psychosocial Rehabilitation / Serious Mental Illness
-Interview dates offered: 2/26, 2/29, and 3/4

Cincinnati VA

-1/15/2016, email
-Rejection
-Trauma Track

Cincinnati VA
-Date notified and notification style: 1/22/16, by email
-Track: Interprofessional Care
-Interview dates offered: 2/9, 2/11

Connecticut VA
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/19, phone
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Clinical Health Psychology (research emphasis)
-Interview dates offered: 1/28

Connecticut Healthcare System VAMC

Date Notified: 1/5 via phone
Invite/rejection: Invite
Track: Health Psychology- Newington Campus
Interview dates: Several offered in January

Dallas VAMC PTSD Fellowship
Notification: Personal email on 1/5
Interview Offered
Interview dates: 2/11 or 2/19
Cookies: 1 peanut butter

Dallas VAMC family/couples fellowship
Date Notified: 1/8/15, mass email
Dates Offered: Feb 9,10,11,16,18
Interview will be one hour. They said phone interview is an option but would prefer face-to-face

Dayton VA

-1/21/2016, Email
-Invite
-Feb 23 and 24

Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial VA/Bedford VA
Date Notified: 1/20/16
Invite LGBTQ Track
All day interview, dates offered in Feb.

North FL/South GA VA (Gainesville, FL)

- notified via email 1/21/16
- Rejection
- PTSD/TBI
- interview dates not disclosed

Hampton VAMC
-notified 1/8/15 via email
-Invite
-Women's outpatient MH & trauma
-2/4, 2/5, 2/8 phone or Vtel only
- chocolate chip!

Hampton VAMC
-notified 1/15/16 via email
Rejection
-Women's Outpatient MH Trauma

Edward J. Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
-Notified: 1/13/2016
-Invite
-Track: Geropsychology
- Offered 1/26, 1/29, 2/1, and 2/2

Hines VA
Jan 14th notified by phone, then emailed dates to choose from with personalized email
Invite
LGBT Health Care
In person interview on Jan 27, Jan 28, Feb 3 or Feb 4

Hines VA
1/20 by personalized email
-Invite
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Medical Rehabilitation
-Interview dates offered: 1/25, 1/26, 2/1

Hines VA
-Date notified: 1/22 email
-Invite
-Interview dates offered: Thursday and Friday at INS

Hines VA
PTSD Track - Interviews offered

Hines VA
-Date notified and notification style: 1/15/16, by email
-Track: PCMHI
-Interview dates offered: 1/25, 1/27, 1/29, 2/1, 2/3

-Site name:

Houston VA (MEDVAMC)
-1/12 via mass email
-Invite
-PTSD track
-Interviews offered 2/1, 2/5, 2/8

Houston VA (Michael D. Blakey) PCMHI -- not sure if this is same one as above so here it is again

-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/12/16 via email
-Invite or rejection: Invitation
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): PCMHI
-Interview dates offered: 2/1, 2/5, 2/8

Houston VA (Trauma/Anxiety)
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/12 via mass e-mail
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Trauma/Anxiety Disorders
Monday, Feb. 1
Friday, Feb. 5
Monday, Feb 8

Captain James Lovell Fed Healthcare
Invite to Interview for Geropyschology Track
(Don't know details, sorry!)

Long Beach Healthcare System (VAMC)
1/11; general/non-personalized email
Invite
Neuropsychology
45-minute in-person or telephone interviews on:
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
In-person interview preferred

Loma Linda VA
Jan 14 notified via email, not personalized
-Invite
-Holistic Health
In person or phone interview on Feb. 9th or Feb. 11th

Loma Linda VAMC
-Date notified and notification style: 1/14, mass email
-Track: PACT PCMHI
-Interview dates offered: 2/9 or 2/11, offered both in person or phone interviews

Loma Linda VAMC
-Date notified and notification style: 1/15, personal email
-Invite
-Track: HPDP
-Interview dates offered: 2/9 or 2/11, offered in-person and phone options

Long Beach VAMC

-Invite
-Track: HIV & Liver Disease
-Interview dates offered: 2/3, 2/8, 2/10, or 2/12, offered both in-person and phone

Long Beach VAMC
Email rejection 1/14
Women’s Mental Health Clinic (WMHC)

Long Beach VAMC

-Rejection
-Track: Advanced Mental Health Interprofessional Education Program

Long Beach VAMC
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Rehabilitation Psychology
-Interview dates offered: 2/1, 2/3, 2/8, 2/10, 2/12

Los Angeles Ambulatory Care Center VA
-1/14 general email
-Invite
-PCMHI/SUD
- Interviews 2/1, 2/18, 2/22 in person or phone

Memphis VA
-Date notified: 1/22 (email)
-Invite
-Interview dates offered: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday at INS

Memphis VAMC
-1/22/16 via personal email
-Invite
-Returning Vets/Polytrauma
-Date/time TBD; in-person and vtel options

Milwaukee VA
Notified: 1/28
Invite (personal email)
Track: Geropsychology
Offered: several phone interview times throughout early-mid February

Milwaukee VA
Track: LGBT Healthcare Emphasis
Date Notified: 1/25/16 via personal email
Interview Dates: 2/22, 2/24, 2/26 also said could be possible to interview in-person week of 2/8-2/12

Milwaukee VA
PCMHI Interview Invite
(Don't know details, sorry)

Milwaukee VA
-Date notified: 1/25 (email)
-Rejection

Minneapolis VAMC
-Date notified: 1/12 (email)
-Rejection

New Mexico VA Healthcare System (Albuquerque)
Notification: 1/8 (phone call)
1 hour Phone interviews offered 1/14-1/29 with optional in-person interviews if desired

New Mexico VA
Jan 7th notified by phone
Invite
Primary Care
Phone interview Jan 27

New Mexico VA
-Date notified: 1/26 (email)
-Invite
-Interview dates offered: At INS, phone option also offered

Northern California HCS VAMC
-1/11/2016, mass email
-Invite
-PTSD
-2/3, 2/9
Interviews will be 45-50 minutes and can be over the phone
Cookies: dark chocolate chip

Northern California HCS

1/7/15; personal email
Invite
Neuropsychology
1/13-1/15, 2-4 options each day, 2-hour long interviews

North Texas VAMC
-Invite
-Interviews: Various times Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at INS

Palo Alto VA (Beh Medicine)
Email rejection 1/14
Behavioral Medicine Emphasis

Palo Alto VA (PTSD)
-Track: PTSD
-Cookies: Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Palo Alto VA

-1/20/2016, email
-Invite
-SUD/Homelessness
-2/5, 2/12

Phoenix VA
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Chronic Pain
-Interview dates offered: 2/8, 2/9

Phoenix VA
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/22 via email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): PTSD
-Interview dates offered: 2/8 or 2/9 on-site

Phoenix VA
-Notified via phone 1/21/16
-Invite
-PTSD/Women's Health
- 2/8 or 2/9; 8-3:30

Phoenix VAHCS
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): Personal email
-Invite or rejection: rejection; stated they would keep my application on file if an interview slot opened up

Pittsburgh VA
-Notified: 1/15/16
-Invite (email)
-Offered 2/8 or 2/18

Pittsburgh VA
-1/19/2016, email
-Invite
-SUD emphasis
-1/26, 1/29, 2/1, 2/3

Pittsburgh VA
-Date notified and notification style: 1/21/16, by email

Pittsburgh VA

Portland VAMC

Portland VAMC
1/26 Personal e-mail
Reject
Palliative Care

Providence VA
-1/15/15
-Invite (personalized e-mail)
-Substance Abuse Treatment Program
-Interview date TBD

Puget Sound VAMC, American Lake Division
1/8/16, personal email
Invite
Neuropsychology
1/12-1/15, telephone interviews (no interviews at INS)

- Personal email on 1/15
- Invite
-PTSD track
-Interviews offered 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 2/4 (in person preferred)
No cookies eaten, but a pepperoni pizza

Salem VAMC (GEROPSYCH)
-Notified: 1/8/2016
-Invite: Personal email
-Dates: 1/22 or 2/1

Salem VA (PCMHI track)
Notified: 1/10.
Dates offered were 1/22 and 2/1

Salem VAMC (PTSD TRACK)
PTSD Track
Invite 1/10 (personalized e-mail)
On-site interview Jan. 22 or Feb. 1

Salt Lake City VA
PTSD/Polytrauma Track
Invite 1/9 (mass e-mail)
Open House/Interview Day Feb. 5 with optional phone interviews

Salt Lake City VA
Rejection email on 1/19
Health Psychology Emphasis

San Francisco VAMC
1/13, phone call
Invite
Neuropsychology
In-person on site or INS, or telephone; no specific interview days scheduled

San Francisco VAMC (PTSD and Returning Veterans)
-1/19/2016, personal email
-Invite
-Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 1/25-2/18

San Diego VAMC / UCSD
-Date notified and notification style: 1/21, personal email
-Invite
-Track: PCMHI/Oncology
-Interview dates offered: 2/5, in-person or phone

San Francisco VA
-Date notified: 1/19 email
-Rejection

Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center VA
-Jan 11 via mass email
-rejection
-SUD/PTSD and PCMHI/B-Med

South Texas VAMC
Rejection
emailed 1/26
Health Psych

Stratton VAMC (Albany)
Invite: PTSD Clinic
Interviews on-site 2/1/16 (only day)

Tampa VAMC
-1/4/16 (personal email)
-Invite
-Neuropsychology
-Scheduling 3 separate 30-minute phone interviews over next 3 weeks

Tampa VAMC
-1/15/16 via mass mail
-Invite
-PTSD/TBI
-In person option on 2/12 and phone interview option; another writer reported 2/2/16 or via phone 1/19-1/21

Tucson VA
- 1/15/16 via email
- rejection
-Trauma
- no cookies, lots of chocolate!

VAMC Northport
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Health Promotion Disease Prevention (HPDP) and Inter-professional Training in Primary Care
-Interview dates offered: 2/11, 2/17, 2/18, and 2/22

Washington DC VA (Health - HIV/liver disease)
Notified 1/15
Interview offered on Feb 1

Washington DC VA (Special Populations)
Notified: 1/17/16
Invite (personal email)
Track: Special Populations
Offered: 2/2 or 2/3

West Haven VA
-1/11/15
-Invite (phone call)
-Primary Care with Substance Abuse focus
-Interview date TBD

West LA VAMC
-Date notified and notification style: 1/22, personal email
-Invite
-Track: Health Psychology
-Interview dates offered: 2/2 or 2/12

West LA VAMC
-Invite
-Track: Interprofessional Integrated Health

White River Junction VA

-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): Phone
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Primary Care and Mental Health
-Interview dates offered: 2/11 and 2/1

WRIISC DC VAMC

-12/21 personal email
-Rejection
-Cookies: 1 Starbucks Toffeedoodle

Neuropsychology track Rejections
VA Long Beach via email 1/14
VA Palo Alto via email 1/20

Let's get this started (early, I know)! Post anything here relevant to post-doc interview questions, invites, or acceptances. I will try to alphabetize sites every few days at the top of the list.

As interviews start to come in, please post within this thread or PM to it me (click my username and then "start conversation") if you wish to remain anonymous.

-Site name
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.)
-Invite or rejection
-Track (please specify even for general tracks)
-Interview dates offered

In the spirit of EEpsychstudent, also include the type and number of cookies eaten today!
early January/February

**PLEASE NOTE: VA SITES HAVE BEEN MOVED TO THE BOTTOM UNDER "VA SITES" -- EASIER TO ORGANIZE!

MEDICAL/OUTPATIENT/HOSPITAL/UCC SITES:

All Children's Hospital
Rejection
Personal Email
Neuropsychology

Augusta University/ East Central Regional Hospital
-Interview dates offered: 2/12, 2/15

Baylor, Scott, and White
Neuropsychology
Invite via email for interviews at INS

Barrow Neurological Institute
1/8/16; personal email
Invite
Neuropsychology
2/2 before INS conference in Boston
No other dates available

Brown University
Alpert School of Medicine

-Date notified and notification style: Notified on 1/21/15 by personal email

California Department of State Hospitals -- Vacaville

Invite
Personal email on 01/27/2016
Interview dates: 02/22/2016, 02/25/2016
In-person interviews only

Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Notified on 1/13 via email
Invitation
Interviews at INS on 2/2

Children's National Medical Center
-1/11 personal email
-Invite
-Interviews: Held at INS, primarily on 2/2 from 9-5.

Children's Hospital Colorado
-Date notified and notification style: Notified on 1/19/15 by personal email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Pediatric Neuropsychology, Neurology Track

Circles of Care, Inc. hospital, Melbourne, FL
Rejection, personal email on 01/20/2016

Cleveland Clinic
Date notified and notification style: 1/8, email
-Invites
-Tracks: Adult Health Psychology, Adult Chronic Pain
-Dates offered: 1/28

Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo
Invite, only one track
Generic email received on 01/19/2016

Emory/Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
-Date notified and notification style: 12/21/2015 via personal email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Pediatric Neuropsychology

Florida Hospital
Invite
Personal Email

Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
-1/19, personalized letter via carrier mail
-rejection

George Washington University Counseling Center
Personalized emails
Invitation to Interview
3/1/16 (only date given)

Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
1/11/16; personal email
Invite
Neuropsychology
Offered several dates between 1/12 and 2/1
Skype preferred

Indiana University School of Medicine
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/11 via personalized email
-Interview dates offered: Anytime in the next two weeks, INS

Institute of Living/ Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT
Adult Inpatient track
Personal email on 01/29/2016
Invite, no dates offered yet, a separate email will be sent with dates.

Kaiser Permanente - South Bay Consortium, Santa Clara
1/7/16 - by phone
Invite
Adult Psychiatry
Interviews to be held on Fridays throughout January, on-site

Kaiser Permanente - Central Valley Consortium, Elk Grove
1/8/16 - by phone
Invite
Adult Psychiatry
Interviews on site 2/1 and 2/9

-Kaiser Permanente West Bay Consortium – Redwood City
-1/12/2016, personal email
-Invite
-Adult Psychiatry
-2/10/2016
All-day interview, 9am-3pm

Kaiser Permanente East Bay Consortium - Pleasanton
-Track: Adult
-Interview dates offered: 2/19/16

Kaiser (Roseville)
Neuropsychology
Invite via email on 1/17/16 for onsite interviews 1/28, 1/29, 2/2, or 2/3

Rejection
Personal Email

-Notified 2/5 by personal email
-Invite
-Behavior Management Clinic
-Interview dates offered: onsite 2/11 in AM or PM, 2/22 and 2/25 OR skype/phone

Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical
-Notified: 1/4/2016 by personal email
-Invite
-Track: Behavioral Medicine
- Offered 1/7, 1/8, 1/11, 1/14

Mayo Clinic
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): notified 1/12/16 via phone call from training director
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Clinical Health Psychology, Integrated Primary Care
-Interview dates offered: 1/29. 2/1, 2/5

Mendota Mental Health Institute --
Madison, WI, only one track
Invite
Generic email
In-person interviews offered on 2/15 and 2/16

Menninger Clinic (Houston TX)
Invite via personal email on 01/14/2016
Only one track, three units, but you can pick all of them.
In-person interview dates: 02/08, 02/10, 02/15, 02/17, 02/22, 02/24, 02/29

McClean medical center/Harvard Medical school
Neuropsychology
Waitlisted for interview
Replied after followup email on 1/19/16

MUSC (Medical University of S. Carolina)
-Invite
-Behavioral Medicine/Clinical Health
-Friday, January 15
-Tuesday, January 19
-Monday, January 25

MUSC (Forensic)
-Interview dates offered: 2/3, 2/10

Neuropsychological Services of New Mexico
-Date notified 1/5/16 (personal email)
-Invite
-Interview at INS

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College - Eating Disorders

-Date notified:
-Interviews offered:
-Track: Eating Disorders
-Interview dates:

State Operated Forensic Services, St. Peter, MN
Rejection, Personalized email received on 01/21/2016

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
-Date notified 1/6/15 (personal email)
-Invite
-Track - Pediatric Psychology

New St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
-Date notified 1/8/15 (personal email)
-Invite

Portland DBT Institute
Date notified and style: 01/11/16 by mass email
Invite
Post-doctoral residency position
Interview occurs over two days: February 15th and 16th

Serious Mental Health fellowship -- East Central Regional Hospital/ Augusta University
Rejection, personalized email, 02/18/2016

Sutter Health
-Date notified 1/6/16 (phone call)
-Invite
-Skype interview

Stanford University CAPS
1/25/2016, Mass e-mail
Reject
Training Track

Stanford University School of Medicine - Department of Psychiatry
-Date notified and notification style: Notified on 1/16/15 by personal email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): General Track
-Interview dates offered: 1/12, 1/29, 2/4, 2/9, 2/18

Stanford Clinical Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship: Sleep Medicine
-Rejection

STRONG STAR Consortium
PTSD TRACK
Invite: 12/11 via e-mail
Phone interviews will be scheduled between now and January 15th with on-site visits offered in

Texas Children's Hospital

UC Davis Medical Center Department of Neurology
12/29/2015; personal email
Invite
Neuropsychology
Offered single interview date of 1/6/15 but was flexible with date

University of Kansas Psycho-Oncology and Behavioral Medicine Fellowship
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 12/10 via personalized email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Psycho-Oncology/Behavioral Medicine
-Interview dates offered: 1/8/16
Cookies: 2, key lime

University of Kansas Medical Center NeuroRehabilitation Psychology Fellowship
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/4 via personalized email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): NeuroRehabilitation
-Interview dates offered: 2/8/16

University of Kansas School of Medicine Wichita
-1/19 via email
-rejection

University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics

University of Minnesota Human Sexuality Fellowship
Interview Dates: Friday's between 1/21 and 2/19. They want people to come and interview in-person.

U. Oklahoma Health Sciences Center

1/22, phone
Primary Care
In person or phone interviews, flexible

University of California, San Diego - CAPS
Invite
Generic email
Interview dates: 1/25, 1/29, 2/1, 2/5

University of California, Los Angeles - CAPS
Rejection
Personalized email

UC Berkeley CPS
1/18/2016
Invite
Call and e-mail
2/3, 2/10,2/11

UVA Forensic
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): Jan. 25
-Invite or rejection: waitlist

VHA National Center for Organization Development
Date Notified: 1/15 via personal email
Interview Dates: 2/1 and 2/16

Ann Arbor VA (Univ of Mich)

-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/11: email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): VA Adult Clinical Track
-Interview dates offered: 1/20; 1/22; 1/28

Arkansas State Hospital
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/14, email from DCT
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): no track - forensic
-Interview dates offered: 2/12 or 2/19
- No cookies yet;)

Battle Creek VA
-1/15/2016
-Invite
-MHRRTP
-2/17, 2/18, 2/24, 2/25

Baltimore VA PTSD track.
They offered Feb 4th and 11th interview dates.
Interviews are 8-1:30 pm.

Baltimore VA (Health - HIV/liver disease)
Personalized Email on 1/15
Interviews ending around lunch time, offered 1/20 and 1/27

Bedford VAMC
-12/21 personal email
-Invite
-Interviews: 1/5 & 1/6 on-site; also offered Skype option

Boston VAMC LGBTQ Mental Health Fellowship

Notification: Personal email on 1/6
Interviews for this track: 1/29 or 2/5
Cookies eaten today: No cookies, but chocolate!

Boston VAMC Dual Diagnoses/Substance Abuse Tx program
-E-mail 1/6/15
-Invite to both tracks
-1/29, 2/1, 2/5, 2/8,

Boston VAMC Post-Deployment Readjustment
-1/6/16 via personalized email
-Invite
-Postdeployment Readjustment
-1/22/16; 2/1/16; 2/8/16

Boston VAMC Neuropsych
-Date notified: 1/8 via email
-Rejection
-Track: Neuropsychology

Boston VAMC Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Mass email on 1/8
Rejection

Brooklyn VA (Gero track).
Invite: 1/22
Personalized email.
Interview dates 2/1 2/3 and 2/12

Central Arkansas VA

-Date notified: 1/14 (email)
-Invite
-Interview dates offered: Various times Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at INS

Central Arkansas VA
Notification: Personal email on 2/1
Interview Offered
Interview dates: 2/26 or 3/4

Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Psychosocial Rehabilitation / Serious Mental Illness
-Interview dates offered: 2/26, 2/29, and 3/4

Cincinnati VA

-1/15/2016, email
-Rejection
-Trauma Track

Cincinnati VA
-Date notified and notification style: 1/22/16, by email

Connecticut VA
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/19, phone
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Clinical Health Psychology (research emphasis)
-Interview dates offered: 1/28

Connecticut Healthcare System VAMC

Date Notified: 1/5 via phone
Invite/rejection: Invite
Track: Health Psychology- Newington Campus
Interview dates: Several offered in January

Dallas VAMC PTSD Fellowship
Notification: Personal email on 1/5
Interview Offered
Interview dates: 2/11 or 2/19
Cookies: 1 peanut butter

Dallas VAMC family/couples fellowship
Date Notified: 1/8/15, mass email
Dates Offered: Feb 9,10,11,16,18
Interview will be one hour. They said phone interview is an option but would prefer face-to-face

Dayton VA

-1/21/2016, Email
-Invite
-Feb 23 and 24

Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial VA/Bedford VA
Date Notified: 1/20/16
Invite LGBTQ Track
All day interview, dates offered in Feb.

North FL/South GA VA (Gainesville, FL)

- notified via email 1/21/16
- Rejection
- PTSD/TBI
- interview dates not disclosed

Hampton VAMC
-notified 1/8/15 via email
-Invite
-Women's outpatient MH & trauma
-2/4, 2/5, 2/8 phone or Vtel only
- chocolate chip!

Hampton VAMC
-notified 1/15/16 via email
Rejection
-Women's Outpatient MH Trauma

Edward J. Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
-Notified: 1/13/2016
-Invite
- Offered 1/26, 1/29, 2/1, and 2/2

Hines VA
Jan 14th notified by phone, then emailed dates to choose from with personalized email
Invite
LGBT Health Care
In person interview on Jan 27, Jan 28, Feb 3 or Feb 4

Hines VA
1/20 by personalized email
-Invite
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Medical Rehabilitation
-Interview dates offered: 1/25, 1/26, 2/1

Hines VA
-Date notified: 1/22 email
-Invite
-Interview dates offered: Thursday and Friday at INS

Hines VA
PTSD Track - Interviews offered

Hines VA
-Date notified and notification style: 1/15/16, by email
-Track: PCMHI
-Interview dates offered: 1/25, 1/27, 1/29, 2/1, 2/3

-Site name:

Houston VA (MEDVAMC)
-1/12 via mass email
-Invite
-PTSD track
-Interviews offered 2/1, 2/5, 2/8

Houston VA (Michael D. Blakey) PCMHI -- not sure if this is same one as above so here it is again

-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/12/16 via email
-Invite or rejection: Invitation
-Interview dates offered: 2/1, 2/5, 2/8

Houston VA (Trauma/Anxiety)
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/12 via mass e-mail
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Trauma/Anxiety Disorders
Monday, Feb. 1
Friday, Feb. 5
Monday, Feb 8

Captain James Lovell Fed Healthcare
Invite to Interview for Geropyschology Track
(Don't know details, sorry!)

Long Beach Healthcare System (VAMC)
1/11; general/non-personalized email
Invite
Neuropsychology
45-minute in-person or telephone interviews on:
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
In-person interview preferred

Loma Linda VA
Jan 14 notified via email, not personalized
-Invite
-Holistic Health
In person or phone interview on Feb. 9th or Feb. 11th

Loma Linda VAMC
-Date notified and notification style: 1/14, mass email
-Track: PACT PCMHI
-Interview dates offered: 2/9 or 2/11, offered both in person or phone interviews

Loma Linda VAMC
-Invite
-Track: HPDP
-Interview dates offered: 2/9 or 2/11, offered in-person and phone options

Long Beach VAMC

-Invite
-Track: HIV & Liver Disease
-Interview dates offered: 2/3, 2/8, 2/10, or 2/12, offered both in-person and phone

Long Beach VAMC
Email rejection 1/14
Women’s Mental Health Clinic (WMHC)

Long Beach VAMC

-Rejection
-Track: Advanced Mental Health Interprofessional Education Program

Long Beach VAMC
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Rehabilitation Psychology
-Interview dates offered: 2/1, 2/3, 2/8, 2/10, 2/12

Los Angeles Ambulatory Care Center VA
-1/14 general email
-Invite
-PCMHI/SUD
- Interviews 2/1, 2/18, 2/22 in person or phone

Memphis VA
-Date notified: 1/22 (email)
-Invite
-Interview dates offered: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday at INS

Memphis VAMC
-1/22/16 via personal email
-Invite
-Returning Vets/Polytrauma
-Date/time TBD; in-person and vtel options

Milwaukee VA
Notified: 1/28
Invite (personal email)
Track: Geropsychology
Offered: several phone interview times throughout early-mid February

Milwaukee VA
Track: LGBT Healthcare Emphasis
Date Notified: 1/25/16 via personal email
Interview Dates: 2/22, 2/24, 2/26 also said could be possible to interview in-person week of 2/8-2/12

Milwaukee VA
PCMHI Interview Invite
(Don't know details, sorry)

Milwaukee VA
-Date notified: 1/25 (email)
-Rejection

Minneapolis VAMC
-Rejection

New Mexico VA Healthcare System (Albuquerque)
Notification: 1/8 (phone call)
1 hour Phone interviews offered 1/14-1/29 with optional in-person interviews if desired

New Mexico VA
Jan 7th notified by phone
Invite
Primary Care
Phone interview Jan 27

New Mexico VA
-Date notified: 1/26 (email)
-Invite
-Interview dates offered: At INS, phone option also offered

Northern California HCS VAMC
-1/11/2016, mass email
-Invite
-PTSD
-2/3, 2/9
Interviews will be 45-50 minutes and can be over the phone
Cookies: dark chocolate chip

Northern California HCS

1/7/15; personal email
Invite
Neuropsychology
1/13-1/15, 2-4 options each day, 2-hour long interviews

North Texas VAMC
-Invite
-Interviews: Various times Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at INS

Palo Alto VA (Beh Medicine)
Email rejection 1/14
Behavioral Medicine Emphasis

Palo Alto VA (PTSD)
-Cookies: Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Palo Alto VA

-1/20/2016, email
-Invite
-SUD/Homelessness
-2/5, 2/12

Phoenix VA
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Chronic Pain
-Interview dates offered: 2/8, 2/9

Phoenix VA
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): 1/22 via email
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): PTSD
-Interview dates offered: 2/8 or 2/9 on-site

Phoenix VA
-Notified via phone 1/21/16
-Invite
-PTSD/Women's Health
- 2/8 or 2/9; 8-3:30

Phoenix VAHCS
-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): Personal email
-Invite or rejection: rejection; stated they would keep my application on file if an interview slot opened up

Pittsburgh VA
-Notified: 1/15/16
-Invite (email)
-Offered 2/8 or 2/18

Pittsburgh VA
-1/19/2016, email
-Invite
-SUD emphasis
-1/26, 1/29, 2/1, 2/3

Pittsburgh VA

Pittsburgh VA

Portland VAMC

Portland VAMC
1/26 Personal e-mail
Reject
Palliative Care

Providence VA
-1/15/15
-Invite (personalized e-mail)
-Substance Abuse Treatment Program
-Interview date TBD

1/8/16, personal email
Invite
Neuropsychology
1/12-1/15, telephone interviews (no interviews at INS)

- Personal email on 1/15
- Invite
-PTSD track
-Interviews offered 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 2/4 (in person preferred)
No cookies eaten, but a pepperoni pizza

Salem VAMC (GEROPSYCH)
-Notified: 1/8/2016
-Invite: Personal email
-Dates: 1/22 or 2/1

Salem VA (PCMHI track)
Notified: 1/10.
Dates offered were 1/22 and 2/1

Salem VAMC (PTSD TRACK)
PTSD Track
Invite 1/10 (personalized e-mail)
On-site interview Jan. 22 or Feb. 1

Salt Lake City VA
PTSD/Polytrauma Track
Invite 1/9 (mass e-mail)
Open House/Interview Day Feb. 5 with optional phone interviews

Salt Lake City VA
Rejection email on 1/19
Health Psychology Emphasis

San Francisco VAMC
1/13, phone call
Invite
Neuropsychology
In-person on site or INS, or telephone; no specific interview days scheduled

San Francisco VAMC (PTSD and Returning Veterans)
-1/19/2016, personal email
-Invite
-Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 1/25-2/18

San Diego VAMC / UCSD
-Date notified and notification style: 1/21, personal email
-Invite
-Track: PCMHI/Oncology
-Interview dates offered: 2/5, in-person or phone

San Francisco VA
-Date notified: 1/19 email
-Rejection

Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center VA
-Jan 11 via mass email
-rejection
-SUD/PTSD and PCMHI/B-Med

South Texas VAMC
Rejection
emailed 1/26
Health Psych

Stratton VAMC (Albany)
Invite: PTSD Clinic
Interviews on-site 2/1/16 (only day)

Tampa VAMC
-1/4/16 (personal email)
-Invite
-Neuropsychology
-Scheduling 3 separate 30-minute phone interviews over next 3 weeks

Tampa VAMC
-1/15/16 via mass mail
-Invite
-PTSD/TBI
-In person option on 2/12 and phone interview option; another writer reported 2/2/16 or via phone 1/19-1/21

Tucson VA
- 1/15/16 via email
- rejection
-Trauma
- no cookies, lots of chocolate!

VAMC Northport
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Health Promotion Disease Prevention (HPDP) and Inter-professional Training in Primary Care
-Interview dates offered: 2/11, 2/17, 2/18, and 2/22

Washington DC VA (Health - HIV/liver disease)
Notified 1/15
Interview offered on Feb 1

Washington DC VA (Special Populations)
Notified: 1/17/16
Invite (personal email)
Track: Special Populations
Offered: 2/2 or 2/3

West Haven VA
-1/11/15
-Invite (phone call)
-Primary Care with Substance Abuse focus
-Interview date TBD

West LA VAMC
-Invite
-Track: Health Psychology

West LA VAMC
-Invite
-Track: Interprofessional Integrated Health

White River Junction VA

-Date notified and notification style (email, phone, etc.): Phone
-Track (please specify even for general tracks): Primary Care and Mental Health
-Interview dates offered: 2/11 and 2/1

WRIISC DC VAMC

-12/21 personal email
-Rejection
-Cookies: 1 Starbucks Toffeedoodle

Neuropsychology track Rejections
VA Long Beach via email 1/14
VA Palo Alto via email 1/20

I interviewed for a position 10 days ago, who indicated that they were aiming to make offers on UND. As far as I know, no offers were made, but they did mention in the interview that they had recently extended their deadline for applications to late last week. I haven't had contact with the site since my interview. Would it be inappropriate to send an email asking for a status update? In the past, the site has had difficulty obtaining postdocs because it's not the most desirable location (in fact, candidates accepted offers and then reneged weeks later!).
I'm leaning toward sending a friendly "I'm really excited about the possibility of joining your team and was hoping you have an update on what the timeline looks like" type email.

Did they say when the new offer deadline is? I would email, especially if you have other offers or are considering applying to more sites?

Did they say when the new offer deadline is? I would email, especially if you have other offers or are considering applying to more sites?
No word on a different notification date and during the interview they suggested UND would be the day, before saying they opened up for more apps that week. So stressful!

I've been offered "job" jobs, but this is the only formal postdoc that I applied to. Thanks for your help!