2015-2016 Tulane MS Pharmacology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klw336

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello out there, I noticed there is not a thread for the Tulane MS in Pharmacology for this application cycle. Who else out there is applying? I'm confused on the "Statement of Purpose" section of the application. Is that for Ph.D. applicants only or both MS and PhD applicant? Thanks, world.

Members don't see this ad.

They just want a statement of why you want to do the MS in pharmacology and how it will help you further your career goals/scientific endeavors. I believe what they want is just like a page single-spaced, but double-check the specific requirements on that. But yes it'll be for both Ph.D. and master's

P.S. I didn't apply to this but I'm in another tulane master's program with similar (believe the exact same) requirements for applying.

I just got an acceptance! I did both the Statement of Purpose and the application essay about why I chose Tulane for grad school. My statement of purpose was about 1 page and just talked about my interest in the pharmacology program and career goals.

How does the housing work?/Anyone else considering this program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted as well. I'm looking at housing options downtown, I want to be near campus. Any thoughts on the Deming Pavilion graduate housing? Seems more affordable than the rest.

I was accepted back in February and will be attending. Not sure what I'm doing about housing...

Read in some other forums to stay away from Deming but not sure since it is close to the Health Sciences Center. The program coordinator says the welcome packet will have realtor listings and other housing options. A doctor who I shadow who went to Tulane for med school says the older parts of town while pricier may the best bet. Also to ask what the housing looked like during Hurricane Katrina.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted about three weeks ago! My question is, are you guys planning on applying to med school during the year that we'll be in the master's program or waiting to retake the mcat and apply the cycle for the 2017 school year?

I'm gonna apply this cycle. Probably both MD and DO. I figure I will have first semester grades, a few letters of recommendation from the program, etc.

I will be attending as well! Has anyone created a Facebook group yet?

If possible I would try and live uptown. If you live near the undergrad campus then there is a Tulane shuttle that will take you to the downtown school where classes are. Also, don't live in Deming and if you have to, only do a month to month lease so you can get out once you find a nicer place.

I just got accepted today, but still waiting to hear back from a few other SMPs.
I second the facebook page question, has anyone created one? :)

Does anyone know the admission statistics for this program? How many in-state versus OOS? What is the average GPA and MCAT? Acceptance versus applicants?

Accepted and will be attending!

I was accepted a few days ago without a MCAT score, strong letters of recommendation(5 total), and a decent GRE score. I've been talking to them since November but waited forever to submit my application. Anyone know how many of last year students were accepted in a US MD program?

If possible I would try and live uptown. If you live near the undergrad campus then there is a Tulane shuttle that will take you to the downtown school where classes are. Also, don't live in Deming and if you have to, only do a month to month lease so you can get out once you find a nicer place.
Deming didn't seem so bad when I looked at it … furnished, close to school, cable and internet covered, seems like security is present. Why don't you think it's a good place to live? Thanks!

Hi there! I got accepted this year but didn't find much information about Tulane Pharmacology master program. Anyone doesn't mind sharing experiences in this program? Thank you!