2015 Grad Intern Offers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcuc2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see this anywhere so I thought I'd start a 2015 Grad Intern offer thread!
Fire away and congrats everyone!

State:
Company:
Offer:
Accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
State: Kansas City
Company: CVS
Offer: 128k
Accepted? Yes

State: Michigan
Company: Target
Offer: 120K
Accepted? Yes

Accepted? No

Company: Target
Accepted? Yes

Accepted? No
Lies...You just joined today to brag about your job offer? Also, Michigan is extremely saturated...Lies..lies..lies

What's with accusing everyone of lying?

Reactions: 3 users
LIES...Never saw 128K on a new grad...

Then you probably wouldn't believe that some of them are getting 128 + 15-30k sign on still ? And that's for new *staff*.

It's real. Guess the Armageddon you are pushing isn't here yet ?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is nice to hear some good news on this forum for a change, as opposed to the slew of "Pharmacy will eat your babies!" posts that have been popping up like herpes....

It is nice to hear some good news on this forum for a change, as opposed to the slew of "Pharmacy will eat your babies!" posts that have been popping up like herpes....

I think going forward we won't see salary decreases, but maybe 50% unemployment for new grads .

I had offers ranging from 110-150.. sign on up to 30, and had no trouble, some people in my class who had never worked or networked , are still unemployed 18 months later.

:cigar::cigar:
Then you probably wouldn't believe that some of them are getting 128 + 15-30k sign on still ? And that's for new *staff*.

It's real. Guess the Armageddon you are pushing isn't here yet ?!
Lies....None offers bonuses anymore...unless you agree to work for 10 bucks/hr x3 yrs contract, they'll give you 10K bonus.

Reactions: 1 user
I was gonna add to the discussion but clearly my 118k retail offer in a major east coast city is a lie
Do it. Just because know it all up there hasn't seen something, doesn't make it a lie. If he knew it all, he'd probably have his own job offer to talk about...

:cigar::cigar:
Lies....None offers bonuses anymore...unless you agree to work for 10 bucks/hr x3 yrs contract, they'll give you 10K bonus.
I truly believe that only half of the people who post here and list their status as " pharmacist" are even loosely associated with PHARMACIES... type b PHARMD I suspect as being in the " loosely associated with" pool....

In west Texas there is still a need for Pharmacists and the going rate is $62/hr for staff and $65/hr for PIC in retail...I have no doubt that in an ever shrinking number of markets that FULLTIME job offers are being made to new grads....in a few years that may not be the case however.

I think going forward we won't see salary decreases, but maybe 50% unemployment for new grads .

I had offers ranging from 110-150.. sign on up to 30, and had no trouble, some people in my class who had never worked or networked , are still unemployed 18 months later.

50% seems really high, even in saturated areas, job at graduation isn't that high. maybe a couple years after graduation it might be 50%. probably depends on the school though too.

it's encouraging to see some offers (even if most of it is CVS). problem w/this thread is no one volunteers to say they will be unemployed, even after graduation in may next year. if the health of the job market was based off this thread, then prepharmers and students would say pharmacy has great job prospects, the ones still job searching have no idea what they are talking about! i know quite a few unemployed and no one volunteers to say they are unemployed or will talk about it on the forums. maybe it's just me but those unemployed for w/e reason just disappear from discussions. and we all know people who are unemployed, that number just keeps growing.

curious, what happened to the pharmacists being replaced by those receiving offers? laid off? found another job? quit because have to raise kids? if the turnover of pharmacists is high then getting offers to work for a couple years to pay back debt only to be thrown out isn't really employment that will make your life better. wasn't there a thread on a 38 yr DM who's close to losing everything? we talk about job market so much what about job stability and a career long enough to cover cost of living, family, kids, and retirement? that is also another big issue to consider for all careers, especially pharmacy. then there's the robots...

Lies...You just joined today to brag about your job offer? Also, Michigan is extremely saturated...Lies..lies..lies

Not true...I went to school in Michigan and everyone had jobs before graduation in the location of their choice. Tons of jobs in desirable areas such as Ann Arbor. Grand Rapids is somewhat saturated though. But only in hospital.

50% seems really high, even in saturated areas, job at graduation isn't that high. maybe a couple years after graduation it might be 50%. probably depends on the school though too.

it's encouraging to see some offers (even if most of it is CVS). problem w/this thread is no one volunteers to say they will be unemployed, even after graduation in may next year. if the health of the job market was based off this thread, then prepharmers and students would say pharmacy has great job prospects, the ones still job searching have no idea what they are talking about! i know quite a few unemployed and no one volunteers to say they are unemployed or will talk about it on the forums. maybe it's just me but those unemployed for w/e reason just disappear from discussions. and we all know people who are unemployed, that number just keeps growing.

curious, what happened to the pharmacists being replaced by those receiving offers? laid off? found another job? quit because have to raise kids? if the turnover of pharmacists is high then getting offers to work for a couple years to pay back debt only to be thrown out isn't really employment that will make your life better. wasn't there a thread on a 38 yr DM who's close to losing everything? we talk about job market so much what about job stability and a career long enough to cover cost of living, family, kids, and retirement? that is also another big issue to consider for all careers, especially pharmacy. then there's the robots...
The guy I'm opening a store up with was laid off by express scripts mail order in spring of 2014; he has attempted to find both part and fulltime work since then and has had a total of ONE interview. He's been a pharmacist for 16 years with no blemishes on his record -- the DFW job market is very tight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Wait till the desperate new grads bring down wages... I can envision graduate A saying, "I'll work for $80K annually!" due to debt burden and lack of business sense. It's going to be that person from some diploma mill that ruins it for the rest of us.

The guy I'm opening a store up with was laid off by express scripts mail order in spring of 2014; he has attempted to find both part and fulltime work since then and has had a total of ONE interview. He's been a pharmacist for 16 years with no blemishes on his record -- the DFW job market is very tight.

Not that tight. Student from my alma mater just got offered $128,000 to work in Plano.

Not that tight. Student from my alma mater just got offered $128,000 to work in Plano.

Old rph=application in trash
new grad=hired
Color me surprised.

Wait till the desperate new grads bring down wages... I can envision graduate A saying, "I'll work for $80K annually!" due to debt burden and lack of business sense. It's going to be that person from some diploma mill that ruins it for the rest of us.
It's not impossible IMO... The debt burden for AuD is as hight as pharmacist and they are getting 60k-70k. This is crazy! Other professionals in healthcare like PT/OT with high debt burden are happy getting 80k/year... So don't think it's impossible for RPH to get 80k/year if the market becomes oversaturated. You guys/gals should try to stop the crazy expansion of pharm school.

If you work for CVS and don't have an offer well :

Lol, actually I know of quite a few people who interned with CVS no longer getting offers, only some did. I'm guessing a couple years back everyone got offers and could pick any job they want, but wow have times changed. Seems CVS is actually overstaffed least in my neck of the woods.

Quit accusing people of lying, are you dumb or a newb?? There are still some jobs out there if you look far and wide

I'm located in California. I have 2 offers so far, and am waiting for a 3rd one from another company I work for. The offer is for $63/hr. I'm from a rural, less desirable part of CA, so it was easier to get an offer there. I would say I'm one of the more luckier ones because I didn't even have to interview for one of the offers.

I think jobs are still out there if you're willing to relocate to places no one really wants to go to. I go to a for-profit school that isn't the greatest and most of my classmates are from southern CA, so I don't even know how they will manage to get jobs. Good luck to everyone else!

Eh... I called the Saturation. However, I don't think the situation that you are describing will happen.

If anything, raises will be less. Hours might be cut. However, any CVS sup will rather pay 120k for someone who will be successful because they were an awesome intern, than give 80k to someone who has never set foot on a pharmacy before and has to be trained.

Company: Supermarket Chain
Offer: 125K
Accepted? Yes

Isn't that the standard salary for the the big chain? because I have friend who told me he made close to 140k last year and he has not been a pharmacist for long...
it really depends on the location, but tri state cvs starts you off with like 56~57

Old rph=application in trash
new grad=hired
Color me surprised.
I can only comment on hospital - but you can NOT get a job at my hospital as a new grad, or as an old grad with only retail.

Isn't that the standard salary for the the big chain? because I have friend who told me he made close to 140k last year and he has not been a pharmacist for long...
Must be a PIC or works quite a bit of OT

Offer 1: CVS $122,700
Offer 2: Target $125,000
Both in Dallas/Fort Worth area

I'm looking for a PIC for my store.. Mon-fri only 9am-6pm $130k with a $10k yearly retention bonus. West texas ( Odessa area)

phssh...you plebs:

Company: big chain retail
Offer: bagel and some knee pads
Accepted: yes

I'm looking for a PIC for my store.. Mon-fri only 9am-6pm $130k with a $10k yearly retention bonus. West texas ( Odessa area)

Ooof. If it wasn't for the fact that I won't live in that area, I'd send you my resume TONIGHT. Let me ask you something, does it scare you to own a store but hire someone else as a PIC? I feel like to much of a control freak on the business side that I would want to be the one calling the shots.

Ooof. If it wasn't for the fact that I won't live in that area, I'd send you my resume TONIGHT. Let me ask you something, does it scare you to own a store but hire someone else as a PIC? I feel like to much of a control freak on the business side that I would want to be the one calling the shots.

Not really. The PIC will "call the shots" to the extent that it deals with the fulfillment of RXs. I can monitor my store from anywhere including having the ability to access RXs, see each claim and to monitor the inventory. The PIC would have free reign to the extent that Rxs are being filled timely and correctly and would have the ability to add to staff if turnover occurs.

And Odessa is HORRIBLE...but Midland isn't that bad. BIG difference between the 2 cities.....

Didn't see this anywhere so I thought I'd start a 2015 Grad Intern offer thread!
Fire away and congrats everyone!

State:
Company:
Offer:
Accepted?

State: NY Tristate
Offer: 120k
Accepted? Yes

I just wanted to throw my own input into the equation.

Coming from California, I make 64.25/hr as a full time staff with an annual salary after overtime, holiday pay, and double time coming to well over $120k. No sign on bonus. This was all back in 2012 when I was originally hired in November of my P4 year. After taxes I keep far less, but it is still certainly livable.

I just wanted to throw my own input into the equation.

Coming from California, I make 64.25/hr as a full time staff with an annual salary after overtime, holiday pay, and double time coming to well over $120k. No sign on bonus. This was all back in 2012 when I was originally hired in November of my P4 year. After taxes I keep far less, but it is still certainly livable.
how much tax do you pay usually?