2015 mcat dont know what to do..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JVixen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I started studying for mcat last august in hopes of preparation for the last mcat in January before the 2015 mcat. Well that failed and a month before my scores on FL were low 20s so I decided to just take the mcat and void it at the end. I decided to give it another three months and take the 2015 mcat in april. I have been preparing for it and it seemed like I was seeing improvement with how many answers I was getting correct and a week ago I took the NS Diagnostic and got a 500 so then I have just lost all hope. 500 is no where near where I need to be but I also dont know what to do anymore. I have read many forums and done what people suggest so I do practice and review and take notes on what I got wrong and I go over content over and over and im just sick of it all. Why am I not improving? Im frustrated and dont know what to do in the next three weeks to try to bring up my score. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm with you man, but like they say, you're your own worst enemy. Even though your scores may be at a stand still, don't let that discourage you. I'm sure you've made a lot of progress already. I always say there's a strategy to doing well on the MCAT. Doing passages is simply not enough. You need to play an active part in analyzing your weaknesses, learning what you need to read up on, and covering as much ground as possible ...all within a given time frame. That last component is what makes this exam particularly tough -- time. Truthfully, everyone is capable of doing really well, but it's an acquired skill few of us have developed. Remind yourself why you're doing this and let that motivate you to study harder, but also smarter as well.

first option- practice the topics you missed on the diagnostic.

second option- it might seem like it, but it's not the end of the world if you push your test back, take time to regroup, and start back with a fresh mind.

there are more people like you (*us lol) then we realize sometimes. earlier this week someone on here said it took him 2 years to get his scores up! his scores are super high now too.