2015 MCAT Unjustifiable?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your post is unjustifiable, they can do whatever they want.

Members don't see this ad.

As an aside, they used to use the MMPI in the Admissions process. Maybe we should bring that back... Imagine being asked these questions on your next MCAT:
1.I like mechanics magazines
2.I have a good appetite
3.I wake up fresh & rested most mornings
4.I think I would like the work of a librarian
5.I am easily awakened by noise
6.I like to read newspaper articles on crime
7.My hands and feet are usually warm enough
8.My daily life is full of things that keep me interested
9.I am about as able to work as I ever was
10.There seems to be a lump in my throat much of the time
11.A person should try to understand his dreams and be guided by or take warning from them
12.I enjoy detective or mystery stories
13.I work under a great deal of tension
14.I have diarrhea once a month or more
15.Once in a while I think of things too bad to talk about
16.I am sure I get a raw deal from life
17.My father was a good man
18.I am very seldom troubled by constipation
19.When I take a new, I like to be tipped off on whom should be gotten next to
20.My sex life is satisfactory
21.At times I have very much wanted to leave home
22.At times I have fits of laughing & crying that I cannot control
23.I am troubled by attacks of nausea and vomiting
24.No one seems to understand me
25.I would like to be a singer
26.I feel that it is certainly best to keep my mouth shut when I’m in trouble
27.Evil spirits possess me at times
28.When someone does me a wrong I feel I should pay him back if I can, just for the principle of the thing.
29.I am bothered by acid stomach several times a week
30.At times I feel like swearing
31.I have nightmares every few nights
32.I find it hard to keep my mind on a task or job
33.I have had very peculiar and strange experiences
34.I have a cough most of the time
35.If people had not had it in for me I would have been much more successful
36.I seldom worry about my heath
37.I have never been in trouble because of my sex behavior
38.During one period when I was a youngster I engaged in petty thievery
39.At times I feel like smashing things
40.Most any time I would rather sit and daydream than to do anything else
41.I have had periods of days, weeks, or months when I couldn’t take care of things because I couldn’t “get going”
42.My family does not like the work I have chosen ( or the work I intend to choose for my life work)
43.My sleep is fitful and disturbed
44.Much of the time my head seems to hurt all over
45.I do not always tell the truth
46.My judgment is better than it ever was
47.Once a week or oftener I feel suddenly hot all over without apparent cause
48.When I am with people I am bothered by hearing very queer things
49.It would be better if almost all laws were thrown away
50.My soul sometimes leaves my body
51.I am in just as good physical health as most of my friends
52.I prefer to pass by school friends, or people I know but have not seen for a long time, unless they speak to me first
53.A minister can cure disease by praying and putting his hand on your head
54.I am liked by most people who know me
55.I am almost never bothered by pains over the heart or in my chest
56.As a youngster I was suspended from school one or more times for cutting up
57.I am a good mixer
58.Everything is turning out just like the prophets of the Bible said it would
59.I have often had to take orders from someone who did not know as much as I did
60.I do not read every editorial in the newspaper everyday
61.I have not lived the right kind of life
62.Parts of my body often have feeling like burning, tingling, crawling, or like “going to sleep”
63.I have had no difficulty in starting or holding my bowel movement
64.I sometimes keep on at a thing until others lose their patience with me
65.I loved my father
66.I see things or animals or people around me that others do not see
67.I wish I could be as happy as others seem to be
68.I hardly ever feel pain in the back of the neck
69.I am very strongly attracted by members of my own sex
70.I used to like drop-the-handkerchief
71.I think a great many people exaggerate their misfortunes in order to gain the sympathy and help of others
72.I am troubled by discomfort in the pit of my stomach every few days or oftener
73.I am an important person
74.I have often wished I were a girl. (Or if you are a girl) I have never been sorry that I am a girl
75.I get angry sometimes

Oh... and lying generally won't help you, since there are validity scales that flag your score for inconsistencies, faking "good" or faking "bad," although I'd actually prefer something like the Harvard IAT.

The MCAT is considered one of the most flawless pre-pressonioal standardize test. It not like the old format was even mastered yet, in fact the percentile dipped a little between 2012 and 2013. Basically There is no justifiable reason to change the MCAT. I think if all the premeds ( or a very large number of them ) get organize and create some type of online petition we can stop this thing. We could even use this website http://www.change.org/petition , thoughts? Would you sign something like this or not?
OP,
Can you make a petition proposing:
  • a change in clinical duty hours from 80 to 100 for all Medical Institutions.
  • minimum of four 18-hour periods off over four weeks instead of 24-hour ones for all Medical Institutions.
Thanks,
A very concerned individual

PS. The mcat is fine; focus on things like compulsory south-american volunteering.

As an aside, they used to use the MMPI in the Admissions process. Maybe we should bring that back... Imagine being asked these questions on your next MCAT:
I don't understand #20
#s 30, 39, and 43 are about right

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea Im thinking 15,000 - 25,000 signature would do it
It would just be viewed as the 15,000 - 25,000 students who are complaining they need to study a bit more, or the 15,000 - 25,000 students who did not do well enough on the MCAT to get interviews / acceptances. I'm not saying that's my perspective, but I can definitely see how that's what the petition would be perceived as....

Lol my Dad does the MMPI all the time. I should have him give it to me for the lolz

OP,
Can you make a petition proposing:
  • a change in clinical duty hours from 80 to 100 for all Medical Institutions.
  • minimum of four 18-hour periods off over four weeks instead of 24-hour ones for all Medical Institutions.
Thanks,
A very concerned individual

PS. The mcat is fine; focus on things like compulsory south-american volunteering.

I don't understand #20
#s 30, 39, and 43 are about right

They are all measuring different forms of psychopathology. IIRC, #20 is actually part of one of the validity scales (which are part of what made the MMPI arguably useful for med school admissions and still makes it useful as a screening tool for LEOs and certain other occupations, since it makes the assessment much more difficult to "cheat").

Lol my Dad does the MMPI all the time. I should have him give it to me for the lolz

Haha, it's kind of interesting to see your results, although for most of us, the results are really kind of boring. My only clinically significant score is that I have strong ego strength, which would be a good thing for a medical student (or someone in therapy). Everything else just sort of hangs around or slightly under the 50th percentile. I would suspect yours wouldn't be much different.

They are all measuring different forms of psychopathology. IIRC, #20 is actually part of one of the validity scales (which are part of what made the MMPI arguably useful for med school admissions and still makes it useful as a screening tool for LEOs and certain other occupations, since it makes the assessment much more difficult to "cheat").
ahehe!
I was merely using sarcasm

Ok I'm going to take it lol