2015 NSF GRFP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bcliff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! Did anyone else apply for the GRFP this year? As grad school interviews are starting to wind down, I'm shifting my focus to funding and fellowships. I don't think we're supposed to hear anything from NSF until early April? Has anyone else heard differently?

I struggled with proposing a course of research that didn't focus on clinical goals or application, but I feel like I did the best that I could. Did anyone else feel the same way? Have any other clinical students on SDN been awarded the fellowship in the past?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied for the GRFP the first two times I was eligible, and like you struggled to make it work given my obviously clinical interests. I could have applied one more time but it didn't seem like a good use of time, since I didn't get anywhere close to getting funded the first two times. It is good experience for grant writing, of course. I shifted my focus to the NIH NRSA, which was much easier to write in terms of research topics but a much more involved application overall.

Reactions: 1 user