2015 PHAP application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello!

This is my first time posting on this thread! Congrats to everyone who received their acceptances. I have been accepted to Queens, NY and I currently live in Long Island, NY. Please let me know if anyone else we be joining me in Queens. I'm really excited to begin this new experience and look forward to meeting everyone at the orientation.

On a separate note.. has anyone else been offered a lower salary than what's stated in the OPM table http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2015/general-schedule/
That happened to me multiple times when I got the offer. My HR person just didn't really pay attention to details. If you let them know, they will correct your letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know if all the offers have gone out?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody have any idea if it's a good or bad sign that I received an email from a woman working for the CDC HR department saying:

"Hayes, Erica (CDC/OCOO/HRO) would like to recall the message, "Congratulations"."

I also received an offer email that was in my spam before they rescinded their congratulations but have yet to receive a phone call. I'm not really sure what to think about this...but am getting more and more nervous.

(I received both of these emails this morning around 9 am EST)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody have any idea if it's a good or bad sign that I received an email from a woman working for the CDC HR department saying:

"Hayes, Erica (CDC/OCOO/HRO) would like to recall the message, "Congratulations"."

I also received an offer email that was in my spam before they rescinded their congratulations but have yet to receive a phone call. I'm not really sure what to think about this...but am getting more and more nervous.

(I received both of these emails this morning around 9 am EST)

Hi! Not sure if its a good or bad sign but just wanted to let you know that Erica Hayes is my HR contact person. I received a phone call from her followed by an email with the offer letter! You can also call her 770-488-1774. Hope for the best! :) Good luck!

Hey I am a long time lurker who was extremely anxious, but I did finally get an offer. I got a call from a 770 area code ( GA). I got the call around 8:50 pm cst on Thurs night , and I'm going to San Antonio , TX !! If anyone else is headed that way let me know. Also I would not worry too much about degrees, I have a BA in history with a political science minor, plus a MPA with a concentration in Public Policy. Calls are still being made, but it just takes a while, so be patient

I was offered a position in San Antonio as well!

Hi! Not sure if its a good or bad sign but just wanted to let you know that Erica Hayes is my HR contact person. I received a phone call from her followed by an email with the offer letter! You can also call her 770-488-1774. Hope for the best! :) Good luck!
I called and she said the sent it in error. I asked if I should be expecting any other emails or phone calls any time soon and she said I was an alternate for Portland, Oregon and that if the person didn't reply by 5pm today I'd get the offer! Still haven't received any phone calls or emails yet and it's after 5 pm EST so I'm hoping that something will come tomorrow.

I was offered a position in San Antonio as well!
Great! I am awaiting some responses from some people there who can give me some insight on housing, the experience, city, etc. I will keep you posted and congratulations. Did you accept or will you?

I can relate to your feeling? I know what you were going through. I just got my call on Friday. I am going to Port Charlotte, FL. If anyone else going there please lets hook up.

That's my hometown- if you have any questions about Port Charlotte let me know

Called HR - phone kept ringing with no voicemail. Called PHAP number, woman said HR was still making calls. Still hope?

Reactions: 1 users
Called HR - phone kept ringing with no voicemail. Called PHAP number, woman said HR was still making calls. Still hope?

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't lose hope. Idk, I feel like they just take a while...and they have their order. Thanks for contacting HR and PHAP on behalf of those still waiting though!

Spoke with HR today. They've given out a majority of the initial offers. If initial offers reject their placement or fail their background checks, then alternatives will be called.

Members don't see this ad :)
Never got an offer so I think it's time for me to move on. Thanks for the update.

That's my hometown- if you have any questions about Port Charlotte let me know
Thank You, so much for replying. Can you tell me where I can live safely on the phap income that we are receiving in the area?

Spoke with HR today. They've given out a majority of the initial offers. If initial offers reject their placement or fail their background checks, then alternatives will be called.

Good to know. Good luck to all of those who made it!

Last edited:
Has anyone else gotten Sarasota, FL?

Never got an offer so I think it's time for me to move on. Thanks for the update.

http://www.cdc.gov/phap/become_associate/application_process.html--
Mid-June to early August: Offers will be made to selected candidates by CDC’s Human Resource Office and include notification of assigned geographic placement and agency name. (Contrary to the USAjobs announcement, location is NOT negotiable because associates must be placed in geographic and program areas CDC determines to have the greatest need.)
It's not bad to move on but do not totally lose hope.
*crossing my fingers for you*

Time to focus on other job applications and opportunities. I am super bummed but at least those of us who haven't received offers/are alternates made it to the interview portion! Pretty impressive.

It's a bit more than a standard background check, they do actually mail out questionnaires to the references that you list. I've never heard of anyone having any issues though.
Hi! I have a kind of embarrassing situation--I don't remember which references I listed, and I would like to alert them that they'll be getting a questionnaire from the federal government. Does anyone know if we have access to our submitted applications? I've been poking around USAJOBS and couldn't find it. Any recommendations?

Thanks! :)

Hi Everyone!

First time poster. Received a call today-- I'm going to Albuquerque, New Mexico! I will be relocating from Charleston, SC. If anyone got placed there or if any other PHAP's are there now I would LOVE some info on where to live/what to do slash your experiences in general.

For everyone that hasn't received a call, don't loose hope. My HR person said they are extremely busy calling people still.

Hi! I have a kind of embarrassing situation--I don't remember which references I listed, and I would like to alert them that they'll be getting a questionnaire from the federal government. Does anyone know if we have access to our submitted applications? I've been poking around USAJOBS and couldn't find it. Any recommendations?

Thanks! :)

How did you know that they will be contacted now with the questionnaire?
Got to:
USAjobs-->more info [on the bottom]-->take me there now-->accept and proceed
-->Documents * Security Alert: Protect your privacy-->View

You will see the whole summary of the information you provided :)

Got to:

That's how they've done security checks in the past, they send them all a paper questionnaire that they fill out and mail back. I think mine got the letter in early July.

That's how they've done security checks in the past, they send them all a paper questionnaire that they fill out and mail back. I think mine got the letter in early July.

OK. But I did not provide a mailing address, will they email them instead?

Huh, I'm not sure. I gave them a mailing address, but that was a couple of years ago. If you're offered a position your background check person will get in touch with you to clear anything up, they might ask for mailing addresses.

Hi Everyone!

First time poster. Received a call today-- I'm going to Albuquerque, New Mexico! I will be relocating from Charleston, SC. If anyone got placed there or if any other PHAP's are there now I would LOVE some info on where to live/what to do slash your experiences in general.

For everyone that hasn't received a call, don't loose hope. My HR person said they are extremely busy calling people still.
Congratulations! I am actually from Albuquerque and am living here now so I can answer all of your questions. There are definitely questionable areas in Albuquerque that you should probably avoid but overall there are plenty of places to have a good time. The best part is that the cost of living here is very low so you will have no problem living off the PHAP salary. Feel free to message me I can give you a full rundown of the city :)

Got to:

I was thinking the same thing to see if I provided mailing addresses for my references big when u go to summary it only shows that questionnaire summary no reference information

Here is a question I asked my HR person and her response.

Question:
Is the OF306 the only background check or do we have more background paper work to fill out? How soon do we here again from your office regarding the "Official Offer"?

Response:
The OF306 is the first stage, you will do more paperwork at a later date. I don’t know when you will get the official offer because the OF306 forms are submitted in batches and it just depends on how fast your paperwork is completed. Maybe a week or two is my best guess.

I was thinking the same thing to see if I provided mailing addresses for my references big when u go to summary it only shows that questionnaire summary no reference information
i don't remember providing references

The application did ask for it.

You should be able to see under Documents then View. This section has all the documents you uploaded and the one with the references should be the first one that has your address, work experience, education etc.

The application never specifically asked for references originally, but some people may have uploaded theirs in addition to the required documents (transcript, resume). During the background check, they will ask for addresses of people who know you anyways. I wouldn't worry to much about it. =)

The application did ask for it.

You should be able to see under Documents then View. This section has all the documents you uploaded and the one with the references should be the first one that has your address, work experience, education etc.

The application never specifically asked for references originally, but some people may have uploaded theirs in addition to the required documents (transcript, resume). During the background check, they will ask for addresses of people who know you anyways. I wouldn't worry to much about it. =)

Sorry, I should have clarified. My "references" that were contacted via mail were the ones that I listed under my background check, which will eventually roll out to all those offered positions.

Also, don't stress out too much about all the HR stuff! Some things have to be done later once your start date is closer and you all have a few months more than we did to get it all done/find housing/move. It all works out. In general, if you don't submit a form, HR will ask you for it again.

I received an offer for Puerto Rico...I will likely be declining - relocating just doesn't seem feasible at the time. Does anyone know anything about the cost of living there?

I received an offer for Puerto Rico...I will likely be declining - relocating just doesn't seem feasible at the time. Does anyone know anything about the cost of living there?
I am from Puerto Rico. Where would you be relocating from? Cost of living its pretty good. Things here are usually cheaper than in US, that is including housing. I used to live in a Studio one block from the beach for $550/month. Im actually a little sad about leaving. I got an offer for Queens, NY. If you want to know more send me an inbox and can help you! You just have to ask yourself if you are into living close to the ocean and island life style. You will still be in US territory!

I wish we could trade locations! :rolleyes:

Ughhhhhhhh.....another PHAP Chat e-mail. Heart stops every time.

"In addition, we have worked closely with OSTLTS’s Program Planning and Coordination Unit to develop a new weekly communication called “PHAP Chat”. We send an email every Friday to the current associate candidates with video snippets, links to new website content and social media outlets, and more to keep them engaged and interested in PHAP, OSTLTS, and CDC."

This was an email from PHAP leadership- that why you guys are getting them

"In addition, we have worked closely with OSTLTS’s Program Planning and Coordination Unit to develop a new weekly communication called “PHAP Chat”. We send an email every Friday to the current associate candidates with video snippets, links to new website content and social media outlets, and more to keep them engaged and interested in PHAP, OSTLTS, and CDC."

This was an email from PHAP leadership- that why you guys are getting them

Thanks for the info. Yea, I figured they are sent out to keep us engaged and informed. But it's just that I'm thinking it might be an offer letter when I open my e-mail and see "PHAP (CDC)." The wait continues...

You will fill out new names for your background check. It does not pull names or information from your application.

Were you guys sent an email about submitting names and addresses for the background check? I just haven't heard anything since submitting that OF 306 form.

Has anyone received offers this week? And do all calls come from a 770 area code? I missed a call last week but it wasn't a 770 area code, it was 202, and I am near DC. There was no message or email....

Congrats to everyone that has received an offer!! :)

This may not be the best outlet to post, but my host site in Baltimore City is desperately trying to fill our Preventing Substance Exposed Pregnancies Collaborative Program Manager position . I attached a link more about the job requirements and if you have questions please feel free to message me!

Thanks!

http://cfusion.sph.emory.edu/PHEC/index.cfm?action=job_Details&JobID=48756

Also, does anyone know other threads for job postings? Please let me know and I can spread the word :)