2016-2017 Cycle Dental Post-Baccalaureate UCLA & Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Socolaphile

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any news, please share! When did you apply? Have you heard anything yet? If you went through the interview, what should one expect? If you're currently in the program, any insights will be incredibly helpful and appreciated!!

My stats:
Submitted: 4/29/2016
sGPA: 2.65
cGPA: 2.85
No DAT score required.
3 letters of rec: research professor, dentist, employer, & (optional) community service
1 personal statement
~8 short answer questions

BS in May 2015 with one year gap in between to retaking prereq classes to boost my GPA high enough to qualify for Post-bac program.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi, I also applied this cycle! I know they schedule interviews "between May and June" so I'm getting a little anxious because I haven't heard back at all. Have you heard anything back yet?

Hi, I also applied this cycle! I know they schedule interviews "between May and June" so I'm getting a little anxious because I haven't heard back at all. Have you heard anything back yet?

Hey, I got my rejection email on May 13. Below is the content of the email. I hope it helps.
You should contact them for an update on your application status. Keep me updated if you don't mind.

"Hello,

We would like to thank you again for your interest in our program. After a comprehensive review of all applications, we regret to inform you that you will not be granted an interview for one of the positions within the 2016-17 UCLA Dental Post-Baccalaureate Program.

It cannot be stressed enough that this decision is not a reflection of your potential to be successful within our program (or by extension dental school). Rather, it is a reflection of the highly competitive pool of applicants we encountered during this cycle.

The effort invested in your application is truly appreciated, and we wish you success in your journey to gain acceptance to dental school."