2016 Grad Intern Offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm curious, why didn't you accept the first offer with CVS for Naples, Fl?

I'm guessing you have never worked at CVS. If CVS paid me $140,000/yr, I would still turn it down. I think there are plenty of people on here that would choose unemployment before taking a job with CVS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wages have been going down significantly if you take into account that they have not been keeping up with student loan amounts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, I actually want to live there though and paying off my student loans is my priority for the next 5 years.

That's a nice bonus they cut you. Why do you want to live in Cruces?

From Albuquerque here, so I'm just curious.

That's a nice bonus they cut you. Why do you want to live in Cruces?

From Albuquerque here, so I'm just curious.
I don't mind a small town and I don't want to float. I like the stability of having my own job and store. Sweet 15K bonus for 3 years doesn't hurt either

Wages have been going down significantly if you take into account that they have not been keeping up with student loan amounts.

This isn't a fair analysis, since the chains aren't really responsible for the increase tuition prices (though you can argue they benefit from it); by that logic, the wages for just about any career that requires a graduate degree has gone down, since tuition (and by extension, required loans) for most professional programs has skyrocketed.

Rising tuition is the blame of the schools and the Federal Government that increases loan amounts and basically allows the schools to charge what they do. The fed could easily set ethical standards for tuition pricing and not give federal loans out to schools that don't comply (meaning less people will hopefully apply to those programs).

I'm guessing you have never worked at CVS. If CVS paid me $140,000/yr, I would still turn it down. I think there are plenty of people on here that would choose unemployment before taking a job with CVS.

I heard CVS doesn't really hound you regarding metrics and what not the first year, so you could theoretically do what you want and get paid that first year and then leave them if you don't plan on staying

Why does cvs send out offers so early? November for a job that starts in june? Are they expecting people to back out? Will I burn the bridge by backing out if i find something better?

Why does cvs send out offers so early? November for a job that starts in june? Are they expecting people to back out? Will I burn the bridge by backing out if i find something better?

No idea why they make offers so early, but with retail the turnover rate is fairly high so I guess they want to have new hires ready for the following year. If you do back out, you may or may not burn bridges. I think depending on how long you plan to work at the other place or whether you ever plan on returning to that company it may not matter. Keep in mind in a couple of years, the district manager will probably have changed 2x already and they won't know that you burned bridges.

Last edited:
Position: PIC (38/42hr rotating schedule)
Company: Regional Grocery Chain
Hourly Rate: $63/hr

Last edited:
$6 of that growth was for becoming pharmacy manager though. But I've still been happy with the yearly review raises as well.

Anyone know if rite aid does yearly review raises. My starting salary is waaaay low and I'm just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rising tuition is the blame of the schools and the Federal Government that increases loan amounts and basically allows the schools to charge what they do. The fed could easily set ethical standards for tuition pricing and not give federal loans out to schools that don't comply (meaning less people will hopefully apply to those programs).

Also these schools do a sort of "arms race" by making nicer and nicer dorms and other excessive infrastructure improvements (think posh student center, etc). This contributes to the rising costs - what was wrong with the original basic dorm? why do you need suites? All this does is isolate students and doesn't promote bonding and friendship. If you set a limit the percentage of the budget that goes towards these types of improvements, or you loose your non-profit status or ability to qualify for federal loans - this will keep costs in check

Position: DOP
Company: Hospital
Salary: ~90k
Accepted: hell no

Last edited:
Lol ya that is a pretty bad offer. 90K and a DOP outta school - something's fishy there

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
probably a small rural critical access type hospital - I was a DOP right out of school because it was in a place nobody wanted to live - but I made 90k 10+ years ago in that situation.

Anyone know if rite aid does yearly review raises. My starting salary is waaaay low and I'm just curious.

I just got an offer from Rite Aid as well. 56.50 for Delaware. Seemed low to me

My guess, they probably want to find people as fast as possible that can handle those environments. Give as much time to do modules, then get you in to work as a grad intern so you get as much exposure as possible before your license posts.

I just got an offer from Rite Aid as well. 56.50 for Delaware. Seemed low to me
mine is lower than yours..I would be very happy with that!Where in Delaware are you located if you don't mind me asking..Also what do you think of the whole walgreens acquisition thing??

mine is lower than yours..I would be very happy with that!Where in Delaware are you located if you don't mind me asking..Also what do you think of the whole walgreens acquisition thing??

Northern Delaware region. I was told by the DM that we are all guaranteed jobs by the state board of pharmacy and that most likely stores will convert to Freds.

Northern Delaware region. I was told by the DM that we are all guaranteed jobs by the state board of pharmacy and that most likely stores will convert to Freds.

Wasn't Freds in the pharmacy business a long time ago, and then got out of it around 2007? Are their pharmacies likely to end up closing down at some point?

Last edited:
Why do people care so much about burning a bridge back to CVS?

Wasn't Freds in the pharmacy business a long time ago, and then got out of it around 2007? Are their pharmacies likely to end up closing down at some point?

They just bought like 700 walgreens/rite aids store to try to make a move into the northeast so no. They still have a presence out midwest and south and i think