2016 Match Rank List Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow... you're nicer this year lol
It's much easier to tell people what they want to hear. ;)

That's also what I do now when a medical student asks my opinion in real life. You know: a wise person learns from other people's mistakes, a smart one from his/her own, and a fool not even from the latter.

Members don't see this ad.

51 cat, 34 adv, 8 phys-only anesthesia slots available in the SOAP this year.

So many unfilled spots... what's the deal? Dead/dying field or trying to save room for the ortho/ent rejects?

Data from NRMP:

2010: 26 unfilled categorical, 30 unfilled advanced
2011: 21 unfilled categorical, 30 unfilled advanced
2012: 22 unfilled categorical, 17 unfilled advanced
2013: 44 unfilled categorical, 18 unfilled advanced
2014: 25 unfilled categorical, 33 unfilled advanced
2015: 28 unfilled categorical, 37 unfilled advanced

These historical numbers were presumably after the SOAP process, and the numbers reported above by ClaireUnderwood are before the SOAP process. So...it really does not look like that much of a difference vs. the past few years?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IIRC, those 2011 numbers were pre-scramble as we didn't have soap back then. I remember there being about 50 spots open to scramble and I believe 10-15 spots were from one program that usually has a tough time filling.

Data from NRMP:

2010: 26 unfilled categorical, 30 unfilled advanced
2011: 21 unfilled categorical, 30 unfilled advanced
2012: 22 unfilled categorical, 17 unfilled advanced
2013: 44 unfilled categorical, 18 unfilled advanced
2014: 25 unfilled categorical, 33 unfilled advanced
2015: 28 unfilled categorical, 37 unfilled advanced

These historical numbers were presumably after the SOAP process, and the numbers reported above by ClaireUnderwood are before the SOAP process. So...it really does not look like that much of a difference vs. the past few years?

Any word on post SOAP numbers from this week?