2016 MD and DO application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brooklynMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

Just a quick question which I haven't been able to find an exact answer to.
So here goes:
Is it possible for me to submit the whole applications (for MD and DO) such as essays, LORs, transcripts by the end of summer and submit my MCAT score later like September?
I will not be prepared to give my MCAT before August, but i want to submit my application online as I have been told by people on SDN that i shouldn't apply in August/September. Even though my pre-med adviser told me that it makes no difference as long as i apply before the deadline.

Anyways, please advise,
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

From what I understand, the application process is rolling, so the earlier you submit, the better chance you have in getting in. I have friends who applied pretty late last cycle, and everything from interviews to acceptances came in really slow for them. And then in the end, some of them didn't get into that great of schools or any schools at all, and I suspect it's at least partially because they submitted their apps pretty late. However, I don't know myself yet, since I'm applying this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Your pre-med advisor is a *****; absolutely do not apply that late to MD schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Your pre-med advisor is a *****; absolutely do not apply that late to MD schools.

I don't think he is, he's been doing this for like 10 years, and we also have a BA MD program that he started, so I don't know who to listen to right now. I also went to other schools in the same state system that i am in and spoke to their pre med advisors because we can do that in our system, and they said the SAME thing- it makes NO difference when you apply. blah.. what do i do? can i submit everything else before??

Yes, it makes no difference to AMCAS when you apply, But for schools, having your app complete in Sept/October is very late in the process. Even if you AMCAS is done, schools cannot consider you seriously w/o an MCAT score. Your advisor may not be a *****, but they are not giving you good advice.