2016 medco fdu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drew0010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, Just got an email for them saying I would be invited to interview starting in January. They are finishing up the dates..anyone else?

I'm really interested in this school as they offer a master program with the pharmacy program and will finish in 4 years, no additional tuition.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied a few months ago but haven't been invited for an interview yet. I am really interested in their school too.

How was the interview for you? Have you heard back from them yet?

I got an initial email stating I'd be invited, but nothing since then. I haven't e-mailed back. I was interested in thei are 4 year duel degree, but they got quiet. Maybe accreditation didn't go through

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an initial email stating I'd be invited, but nothing since then. I haven't e-mailed back. I was interested in thei are 4 year duel degree, but they got quiet. Maybe accreditation didn't go through

I got the invitation early January and sat for the interview not to long ago.....VERYYYY high profile university......Mansions and green grass everywhere......not a blade of grass out of place

As far as the interview ....each day has 6 interviewees ....whom rotate through 4 interview sessions (about a half hour each) ....in my day ....i think i was the only candidate that didn't have an MS degree....totally different playing field .....the deans and interviewers were extremely qualified with endless resumes of accomplishments....id take this school over RU or LIU

I got the invitation early January and sat for the interview not to long ago.....VERYYYY high profile university......Mansions and green grass everywhere......not a blade of grass out of place

As far as the interview ....each day has 6 interviewees ....whom rotate through 4 interview sessions (about a half hour each) ....in my day ....i think i was the only candidate that didn't have an MS degree....totally different playing field .....the deans and interviewers were extremely qualified with endless resumes of accomplishments....id take this school over RU or LIU

Wow, you were the only candidate WITHOUT an MS?? That seems intense.

I haven't heard anything back either since I applied.

Wow, you were the only candidate WITHOUT an MS?? That seems intense.

My stats are pretty high...but yeah i was the only undergrad finishing a first degree....but compared to LIU interviewroom the average age(ballpark) was early 30s at fdu as compared to liu which was early 20s....& every interviewer in the room seemed pretty financially set...definaty much more competitive then i expected from a new school

I haven't heard anything back either since I applied.

well they just started interviewing ....u know ur stats ...im sure it starts from most qualifiedto less qualified...so unless u nailed a 90+ on ur pcat....u shouldnt have gotten an invitation yet....but hang in there....email them...they like that

I got a call from Tracy Templin 2 days ago that I have been accepted. Anyone else?

Congratulations!!! :soexcited:

Would you mind sharing when was your interview?

I completed my application in October and went for an interview on January 23rd. For those who are preparing for an interview: It was 4 mini interviews of about 20 min each. The questions were behavioral rather than situational. I got the feeling they are looking for people with high integrity, trustworthy, passionate and flexible. They asked me to provide an example in my past experience where I had to show any of those values.

This school was my first choice, So I will definitively be attending in September if they get approved for pre candidate status. :)
Anyone else?

I got a call from Tracy Templin 2 days ago that I have been accepted. Anyone else?

Omggggg congrattttts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait you got a phone call ... were u composed or did start screaming and yelling ....cause thats a pretty emotion situation?....i interviewed a week later then you .... it sounds like we might be classmates!!! (hopefully) are u from NJ?

Omggggg congrattttts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait you got a phone call ... were u composed or did start screaming and yelling ....cause thats a pretty emotion situation?....i interviewed a week later then you .... it sounds like we might be classmates!!! (hopefully) are u from NJ?

I screamed after I hung up. It took a while to settle in. I am from PA but I will be moving closer. I haven't decided where I will be living yet. I hope you get in too. Good luck!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I have heard FDU is a good school, but does not even have one lab for pharmaceutical chemistry students doing their masters program. It is really hard to believe that this school is starting a dual degree pharmD program . I really hope they know what they are doing and would put in some effort to do what they are planning for the future.

From what I have heard FDU is a good school, but does not even have one lab for pharmaceutical chemistry students doing their masters program. It is really hard to believe that this school is starting a dual degree pharmD program . I really hope they know what they are doing and would put in some effort to do what they are planning for the future.

honestly i thought the same...but it turns out they have much more then one expected....not to mention they have 170/176 acres of unoccupied green grass....in a nutshell they have the room and the $$$$ to build what ever in necessary....Also the MS programs do not start until the 2nd professional year , which is an entire calendar year to upgrade whatever facility to fulfill any need....unlike touro...which is a building (funded by a religious source ) fdu is a school that been around ....thats opening up professional school.....and its a DRY campus....which means it will be in a clean professional setting.....

Is there a supplemental application for this school? I can't seem to find one.

Is there a supplemental application for this school? I can't seem to find one.

its on there website fdu.edu/pharmacy then on the side click the white thing that says apply now ....there should be a pdf

Honestly friend, they are not constructing a new building. They are just leasing out an office space at Florham park.

I was thinking about about applying here... but I haven't taken the PCAT, has anyone gotten in with just the GRE?

and for the people that already got accepted, what were your GPA/pharm related experience?

I just got my Acceptance letter to FDU and I paid my deposit....So I'm part of the inaugural class!!!.....If you have and interview coming up..... ill be glad to share with you anything .....

Any one else get an acceptance and is going?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
I just got my Acceptance letter to FDU and I paid my deposit....So I'm part of the inaugural class!!!.....If you have and interview coming up..... ill be glad to share with you anything .....

Congrats!!!! i was put on a reserve pool category, so i guess i will waiting a little longer before i found out.

Congrats!!!! i was put on a reserve pool category, so i guess i will waiting a little longer before i found out.

Be strong, thats the most important part about this application process

I had an interview on 02/29/12...all the faculty members were really really friendly....i got really interested in the school after the interview....and mannnnn the building "Mansion" is bossss....Templin Tracy told me that the admission comittee will be meeting on Monday march 5th and they'll let us know after 1 or 2 weeks...fingers crossed....!!

youll do fine...i waited a month till i found out...and it was the longest minth of my life...Where did u do ur Undergrad/what state?

youll do fine...i waited a month till i found out...and it was the longest minth of my life...Where did u do ur Undergrad/what state?

I live in NJ....and FDU is like 20 mins away frm my house...

Same here .....Except for the early morning Parkway South traffic ...its commute is a breeze

yupp did u get in?? i m still waiting for their reply...i loved their campus..when was ur interview?

yupp did u get in?? i m still waiting for their reply...i loved their campus..when was ur interview?

im in ....Sounds like we are gonna be classmates...my friend went to the info session on march 3 and told me there was more then a 100 people there...so it deff a popular program..... i interviewed Jan30 and got accepted on March 1st. ...from what i understand the school is implementing Ipad Technology like UCSF....i really cant wait to start!!

A pic if my acceptance letter is below in my sugnature

im in ....Sounds like we are gonna be classmates...my friend went to the info session on march 3 and told me there was more then a 100 people there...so it deff a popular program..... i interviewed Jan30 and got accepted on March 1st. ...from what i understand the school is implementing Ipad Technology like UCSF....i really cant wait to start!!

I hope i get in...and yes they are going to give every student an ipad...i really want to go there....did u pay ur deposit for the tuition yet?

also my gpa was 3.2 for my bachelors..
only C's i have are in stats and calculus 2

Dont sweat ur Gpa ...ur chemistry not basket weaving ...and they know that...if ur in an MS program I take it u did fine on ur GRE....wen u get ur interview PM me and I walk u through it so u can nail it

@Pharm16D

Last edited:
Awsome!!!! ur from NJ too? where did u Undergrad?

I am from PA. I attended SCSU in CT, and UPENN in PA for my undergard. I will be moving closer to the school. Since you live in NJ, do you have any recommendations regarding affordable places to live close to FDU?

I am from PA. I attended SCSU in CT, and UPENN in PA for my undergard. I will be moving closer to the school. Since you live in NJ, do you have any recommendations regarding affordable places to live close to FDU?

The pharmacy school is located in a very upscale area, so the housing might be a little pricey, I'm personally not from that area so I'm not familiar. The dean stated that they are working really hard with a neighboring housing branch to ensure there is affordable housing for 100 pharmacy students until they build housing for the student. So id wait and see.

Hi Guys, can you please share ur stats if u don't mind?? did anyone apply with gre? do u know if they more look into ur GRE/PCAT or GPA? I was thinking to apply..do u think is it too late?how many seats do they have?

Hi Guys, can you please share ur stats if u don't mind?? did anyone apply with gre? do u know if they more look into ur GRE/PCAT or GPA? I was thinking to apply..do u think is it too late?how many seats do they have?

I wouldnt want to discourage anyone from applying by posting my stats ...From the interview I felt the mist important thing was your personality...i took both the gre and the pcat...it seems like its equal...so ur best or either will he fine ....the application fee a small investment with possible large outcome ....dont blow this oppurtunity....besides they started the interview process late Jan...im sure te still have more than Half of the 85 seats still empty...

Hey congrates for ur acceptance at FDU. I also have an interview within 2 week and i too worried that what kind of questions they ask? Can you tell me few questions they asked to you in individual interview, it would be really helpful. Please give few tips about assay writing. Thank you.

My best wishes to you that you will get admission.
I also have interview after one week. So, please tell me about questions they ask You during interview.

I just got an Acceptance email.....i m so happppyyyy.......I m proud to be in Inaugural class of 2016......

My best wishes to you that you will get admission.
I also have interview after one week. So, please tell me about questions they ask You during interview.

its basically 2 groups of interviewer...1 group will ask you questions related to pharmacy, ur clg , ur experience and stuff

and 2nd group will ask you questions about Integrity, ethics, they'll give you a situation and ask you to describe how would handle it....

Believe me all the faculty are really really friendly, dnt stress too much...once u get there, you 'll know what i'm talking about...