2016 medco fdu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that was super fast :)
LOL I know! I was really surprised. Too bad the earliest interview date I could attend wasn't until April 10th. :( Oh well! Maybe this way I'll be really prepared for the interview, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know the email of Tracy Tamplin?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey I wanted to know did they email you saying " we have received all your documents and your application is in process now" or you emailed them? thanks.

i just so happened to email them at the right time, asking if they received my documents. All they said was "yes, it is currently under review"...

Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those who are still in the process!

I'm actually just starting to get my application together for this school. :rolleyes: Pretty late, I know, but I recently found out that the deadline is May 1...so here's to hoping! :xf:

I added fdu as a designation in pharmcas on 2/5 and got an interview invitation on 2/8.
O wow congrats on the quick reply, I didn't add mine in until 2/29 but I haven't heard anything back. If you don't mind me asking, were your stats really good?

O wow congrats on the quick reply, I didn't add mine in until 2/29 but I haven't heard anything back. If you don't mind me asking, were your stats really good?
I think my stats are good overall. The good: BS degree, Pharmcas GPA 3.3, PCAT comp 92, good recommendations from science profs. The not so good: no pharm experience. Also, I'm in my 30s and work full time at a non-pharm job, so I don't have the usual list of extracurricular leadership and service activities other applicants have if they're coming right out of college.

As for the quick invitation, it might have just been luck or good timing. FDU's juggling a lot with application submissions and interviews going on at the same time. Hang in there! You could still get an invite.

Hi, can I know your stats if you don't mind telling me? thanks.

just pm'd u..

mind sharing w/ me as well? according to pharmcas it was mailed out early march so... i'm a bit concerned that i've yet to hear back from them. well that and i've already interviewed at the other school my app was sent too... :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!

I see a lot of inquiries regarding timeline and how FDU contacts you. I'll give you my experience, which could differ from your experience because of the volume of application they may be getting now. Also I applied directly to the school, not PharmCAS.

Jan 15. sent in application.
Jan 16 paid fee
Jan 20- received email that they were missing letters of recommendation
Feb 1- Sent in all my recommendations through the mail
Feb 10- Email invitation for interview.
Mar 14- Attended Interview
Mar 22- Recieved Acceptance Email :D

What was the interview like?
RELAX! The faculty is soooo friendly! :) There is a sort of info session, walking tour of campus, and then you have two to three interviews with faculty members. Its just a conversation and you may get a situational question. Best advice: KNOW WHY YOU WANT TO ENTER THE PROFESSION! duh!

FDU seems like it has the potential to be a great school but I will be attending another school. I can't gamble with the a school that isn't accredited yet. :scared: But that's good news for whomever is applying because that means there one more spot open :thumbup:

Hope this is helpful!

Hi,

I received an invitation for interview ...can someone please help me out on type of questions and what to expect during interview?. Thanx

If anyone needs help for their upcoming interview to FDU just PM me ur email address I be sure to help you....good luck to the applicants

Does anyone know how many applicants applied for this fall?
I know most new schools get 3~500 applications. I wonder how many students applied to fdu.
I heard they are interviewing ~ 200 people and accepting 85. So anyone that gets an interview has 42.5% chance of getting in. Those are good odds. I would think they have received more than 200 applications.

Hey balzafia, I tried to send you a reply but you exceeded your stored private messages quota and you cannot accept further messages until you clear some space!! But yea i'm in too hah

Werrrrd.....we should start a FB page...& meeet up at the Jersey shore before Pharmschool starts to break the ice!!!

Werrrrd.....we should start a FB page...& meeet up at the Jersey shore before Pharmschool starts to break the ice!!!

That'll be cool i'm down!!! Also I think the FB thing is a good idea!!:thumbup:

Hahaha......@ meet in Jersey shore to break the ice. ..........You guys should make your own show on MTV......... and have finale in vegas :)

yea we should...I live at the jersey shore...10 min from seaside.

MA DUDE PHARM16D WAZZZ GOOOOOOOOOD.............3aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Does anyone know how many applicants applied for this fall?
I know most new schools get 3~500 applications. I wonder how many students applied to fdu.
They've gotten in the thousandss ! I attend FDU and they are so happy they far surpassed their thought of 400 but that they are really behind in man power. That was in march. Hopefully they got it together

Hi I just got a interview invite. does anyone have any info they can please share ?

I got in! I received an email this afternoon with a copy of the acceptance letter and some forms to fill out. Hooray for forms! :D

For those of you who have been accepted, besides the max of $20,500 in the stafford loan, what other loans are you taking to pay if you are not rich? lol

Hi all i need urgent help. I am jersey guy.
I made very late decision to go in FDU. I did my application last week directly. My GRE will be next week. Do you think i can get my admission?:confused:
GPA 3.05
3 years Pharma company experienced
Finished MS in Pharmaceutical science

Hi all i need urgent help. I am jersey guy.
I made very late decision to go in FDU. I did my application last week directly. My GRE will be next week. Do you think i can get my admission?:confused:
GPA 3.05
3 years Pharma company experienced
Finished MS in Pharmaceutical science

I think u should call them and ask if its too late for this cycle to apply...i think all ur required Docs have to be in by May 1st. But the Fact that u have an MS means that u have taken the GRE in one point in ur life....See if u can transfer those stats..:

Hello everyone..I have an interview in May..Can anyone please tell me any info that I needed to know for the interview and what to expect for the interview..

Hey Guys, I have an interview coming up in May. People who have had an interview before, can you please PM me. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone that applied through pharmcas hear back yet? I tried contacting them but haven't heard back.

I got an interview invitation week ago, there are a few different date, I will choose sometime in May, what is its tuition? I couldn't find it on the website. any tips for the interview? Thanks!

I got an interview invitation week ago, there are a few different date, I will choose sometime in May, what is its tuition? I couldn't find it on the website. any tips for the interview? Thanks!

around $33,000 - $35,000 per year.

They told us during the interview. If you pay $500 deposit before May 1st. you are locked in for $33,000 for first 2 years and after 2 years, it will increase to god knows what. so I m guessing if someone dsnt pay their $500 deposit, they'll have to pay $35,000 starting from Fall.

Please I need urgent help!!! i am pharmacist from abroad & i finished my MS from here. Yesterday i got mail from tracy that they are missing my 1 semester prereq in Communication or Speech. I checked my nearby community college they are offering Public speech( 3 credit course) class in summer I. Anyone have any idea about public speech class is valid or not? I am bit nervous about deadlines.

Please I need urgent help!!! i am pharmacist from abroad & i finished my MS from here. Yesterday i got mail from tracy that they are missing my 1 semester prereq in Communication or Speech. I checked my nearby community college they are offering Public speech( 3 credit course) class in summer I. Anyone have any idea about public speech class is valid or not? I am bit nervous about deadlines.

yes public speaking of Public Speech class will fulfill that requirement, but make sure with tracy, email her and ask her if FDU will accept the credit for that class.