2016 Pharmacist Job Offers [ Financial Details ]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acal1100

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been holding out, but finally got an offer (so excited)!!!

Realized I lack perspective, thus was hoping for insights.
Whats the average yearly full time pharmacist salary now a days?
I was offered ~$120k/yr
Whats the average sign on bonus / inconvenience of having to move bonus?
I was offered ~$25k for a 3yr commitment
How do these commitments work? If you are unable to meet the time requirement, do you just pay back the bonus in full? partial? pay a penalty?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
schaumburg, IL
schaumburg is paying that??? I could understand if in Decatur or some hell hole (my first job was in decatur) and they paid less of a sign on bonus and that was 12 years ago with a bigger need

schaumburg is paying that??? I could understand if in Decatur or some hell hole (my first job was in decatur) and they paid less of a sign on bonus and that was 12 years ago with a bigger need

I google mapped it, Schaumburg is only 30 to 40 mins away from Chicago? why would they pay a sign on bonus over there? doesn't Chicago have like 5 pharmacy schools?!

cvs stops paying sign on bonus long ago. who's still give 25k sign on?

Must be Walgreens

Walgreens seems to do it for for even staff pharmacists still. Walmart may offer one for RXM in hard-to-recruit areas.

Walgreens seems to do it for for even staff pharmacists still. Walmart may offer one for RXM in hard-to-recruit areas.

Wal Mart recently sent me a recruitment letter for an RxM with a 10k sign on bonus. Town was such a crap hole I don't imagine them offering much more than that for undesirable locations.

Reactions: 1 user
Wal Mart recently sent me a recruitment letter for an RxM with a 10k sign on bonus. Town was such a crap hole I don't imagine them offering much more than that for undesirable locations.

10k to commit to a crap hole town for a year or a few. After Uncle Sam takes his shares its less then 7k, I can make that picking up one shift s month, what a joke

Schaumburg is a major suburb and all of that area is saturated. Pretty much you have to go down to southern IL or go up north by the Wisconsin border to thin things out. Even northern IL is tightening up since UIC has a satellite campus in Rockford, Roosevelt's Pharmacy school is in Schaumburg, and Rosalind Franklin's Pharmacy school is up there too. Illinois has 7 schools (including the UIC satellite campus) and all but 1 is crammed into the upper part of the state (Chicagoland and up).

If it is a chain, OP must of had great timing to catch them in a situation of need for them to offer a bonus.