2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone from the 03/31 interview for IPBP, heard anything back from WesternU!!!!
I got my IA exam score earlier in the week from the 3/31 IPBP interview. No decision yet though. Did anyone else get their scores? I got 170. Can others please share what you got for the IA exam score?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how many students have been accepted so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
my IA Exam score is 147.....its not good enough to get admission this time....

How have they notified the other applicants of acceptance? I am assuming email?

I think the international students had to stay back after the written portion and take an additional test.

Has anyone from the 3/3 interview NOT heard back from Western? I interviewed on 3/3, but I haven't heard anything from Western. No hold/acceptance/rejection email, or anything.
you should hear back from them anytime soon, because i was interviewed on the same day and i got bad news so GL to you ....

How did they notify you of your admission status?

Hello everyone. Congratulations for those of you who have been accepted to any pharmacy school. Well I got accepted to both WesternU and Touro but I really don't know where to go and only have this week to think about it. I really like WesternU because of the location but I am a little worried about finding a job on my own and completing 900 hours. I know the job market is very hard right now and not only are we competing with other pharm students around the area but pre-pharm students who want to get experience so I am worried that it will be hard to find a job. Does anyone know if Touro also requires students to obtain 900 hours on their own? I would really appreciate any input from both schools. Thank you

Hello everyone. Congratulations for those of you who have been accepted to any pharmacy school. Well I got accepted to both WesternU and Touro but I really don't know where to go and only have this week to think about it. I really like WesternU because of the location but I am a little worried about finding a job on my own and completing 900 hours. I know the job market is very hard right now and not only are we competing with other pharm students around the area but pre-pharm students who want to get experience so I am worried that it will be hard to find a job. Does anyone know if Touro also requires students to obtain 900 hours on their own? I would really appreciate any input from both schools. Thank you

yes they do. they only certify max. 600 hours (regardless of how many hours you actually do in school), and you would still have to do 900 hours on your own to be qualified to sit in for the NAPLEX.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh wow. Just to make it clear. So what you are saying is that I would have to find a job at both Touro and Western to complete the 900 hours?

It's been 16 day after my interview on March 31 at WesternU for IPBP....still i did not hear anything from them.....anyone got any news from westernU?.....

To be clear, intern pharmacists for pharmacy students are not hired in the same manner as pre-pharmacy students looking for experiences through becoming pharm techs/clerks.

So do not worry about being out-competed by those students.

Hi, everyone. An advisor told me that they had made the final decision for all of applicants, and they had sent those via mail, email or phone. Anyone got the letter from Western?

Last edited:
Hi, everyone. An advisor told me that they had made decisions for all of applicants, and they had sent those via mail, email or phone. she said that I should get it 2 weeks ago. Anyone got the letter from Western?

i don't think this is true. i got my on hold email on 4/3 so that means they didn't make a decision.
unless you meant the 3rd interview decisions only...

How have they notified the other applicants of acceptance? I am assuming email?

How did they notify you of your admission status?

When I called last week, I was told that acceptance would be by phone, and alternate or rejection is by letter mail.

Hi, everyone. An advisor told me that they had made the final decision for all of applicants, and they had sent those via mail, email or phone. Anyone got the letter from Western?

I was told last week that they are HOPING final decisions will be made by the end of THIS WEEK...

When I called last week, I was told that acceptance would be by phone, and alternate or rejection is by letter mail.

I was told last week that they are HOPING final decisions will be made by the end of THIS WEEK...
Thank you so much for doing this!!!! OMG i have tried to call them couple of times and noone picked up the phone. I am so tired of checking email & the forum all the time. I guess they have to wait until USC send out their last batch of acceptances and see how it goes. I interviewed on 03/03 and was placed on hold. It seemed that there are a lot of people on hold as well>>>>> does it mean the chance of getting in is very slim??????

Thanks for the info. That means I can stop checking my email as often.

Final decision for what?...r you talking about IPBP interview which was on March, 31 2012?.....i have been waiting for 3 weeks...and i couldnt get any reply from western..everytime i called them...nobody reply.....

Hi, pharmdstudent11....did you hear anything back from westernU for IPBP...i m assuming that they have sent admission letter to those student who are selected......

I just received my acceptance email. I was on hold from the December interview. Good luck!

03/31 interview here. I JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE EMAIL time stamped at 10:26am today. YESS!!!!111111111oneoneone111111. I hope the others who are waiting got an email too. Best of luck to everyone else. I thought I messed up on my interview badly as I have been thinking night and day about how I could/should have responded, but everything worked out.

Thank you so much for doing this!!!! OMG i have tried to call them couple of times and noone picked up the phone. I am so tired of checking email & the forum all the time. I guess they have to wait until USC send out their last batch of acceptances and see how it goes. I interviewed on 03/03 and was placed on hold. It seemed that there are a lot of people on hold as well>>>>> does it mean the chance of getting in is very slim??????

Hey, my friend just got accepted via email -_- so they may have switched over to email for some acceptances? And yeah, I've been on hold since 1/28 interview....so it's been a while. Chances seem slim right now, but not too sure. Keep hopes up?

Hey, my friend just got accepted via email -_- so they may have switched over to email for some acceptances? And yeah, I've been on hold since 1/28 interview....so it's been a while. Chances seem slim right now, but not too sure. Keep hopes up?
I am wondering all the acceptance emails come at the same time ? and did any one got alternative or rejection?

I am wondering all the acceptance emails come at the same time ? and did any one got alternative or rejection?

Not sure...I was wondering the same thing. I'm currently trying to reach PharmD admissions to find out. I just left a message so hopefully someone will call back soon :(

Not sure...I was wondering the same thing. I'm currently trying to reach PharmD admissions to find out. I just left a message so hopefully someone will call back soon :(

please let us know also. I am also wondering the same thing. hopefully they're still sending out acceptances ....

I am sure they will not call back they are so busy with sending emails and mails but if u hear any thing let us know

Just received my acceptance email. I was on hold from the 3/3 interview. Best of luck to you all.

Just received my acceptance email. I was on hold from the 3/3 interview. Best of luck to you all.

What time was your email sent though? It wasn't sent around 10:30AM?

I am sure they will not call back they are so busy with sending emails and mails but if u hear any thing let us know

Yeah I thought the same. At first I left messages on the voice mail, but I knew they wouldn't answer. So the lady at the general admissions took my name and number and said she would send it to PharmD admissions -_- we'll seeeeee

What time was your email sent though? It wasn't sent around 10:30AM?
I received it at 10:31 :D. Should not have said "received it" :D. I just checked my email now and found my acceptance

I received it at 10:31 :D. Should not have said "received it" :D. I just checked my email now and found my acceptance

Congrats! It seems they sent out all the acceptances from today around that time. Will you be going to WesternU or USC?

OMG congrats guys!! Will I be seeing you guys next year? :D

I got the acceptance email today too. I was so shocked at first!!! Yeah, finally I make it. Congrats to all of you. Can't wait to see all of you in August!!! Here I come Western class of 2016. Yes!!!

Congrats! It seems they sent out all the acceptances from today around that time. Will you be going to WesternU or USC?
I will be declining Western. I already set my heart on going to USC. Good luck to you all

did you ever get a hold of the admission? I guess all acceptances were already sent out. guess i'll be seeing an envelop soon :(

Yeah, I was put on hold since the 1/28 interview. I know...I hope they have another list of acceptances?? Doubtful though. But, I know there are people who are still declining their acceptances....

Did you not receive a hold?