2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lool same here they dont pick up.. my friend got rejection letter yesterday....

I guess western is unintentionally making us peeps glad we aren't rejected yet =/ These darn games they play!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I guess western is unintentionally making us peeps glad we aren't rejected yet =/ These darn games they play!:scared:

Its the second week of May ... They are still playing with us ... Let us know if any one gets any news...

Members don't see this ad :)
If i get in for sure ...i was so stupid to only apply for 2 schools ...

Aw I feel your pain! I am waitlisted at both Western and USC as well. At least USC had decency to email us if they were going to delay giving out results!

Has anyone else tried calling? They dont answer when I call and there isnt really an email to contact them with is there?

Thanks ... I try but its so hard ... I hope we all hear a good news soon :xf:

I feel the same way. I was wait listed since 03/03. Unfortunately, I tried to call them but they seemed like refused to pick up their phone. I hated it when they don't even send us notification or at least let us know if we're top tier or second tier. It's just getting annoying everyday!!! Hopefully they finalized the decision soon

Aw I feel your pain! I am waitlisted at both Western and USC as well. At least USC had decency to email us if they were going to delay giving out results!

Has anyone else tried calling? They dont answer when I call and there isnt really an email to contact them with is there?

I feel the same way. I was wait listed since 03/03. Unfortunately, I tried to call them but they seemed like refused to pick up their phone. I hated it when they don't even send us notification or at least let us know if we're top tier or second tier. It's just getting annoying everyday!!! Hopefully they finalized the decision soon

Hope you guys don't take this the wrong way....but imagine yourself in their shoes and having at least 30-50 people calling constantly asking about statuses. I would perhaps not pick up the phone also....

If it helps, whenever I need something, I always call Julie Smith and her extension for some reason always get transferred to someone that will actually pick up the phone at admissions. You guys can try that.

Do you know exactly where school start? as well as orientation day. I can't find anywhere on the website

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope you guys don't take this the wrong way....but imagine yourself in their shoes and having at least 30-50 people calling constantly asking about statuses. I would perhaps not pick up the phone also....

If it helps, whenever I need something, I always call Julie Smith and her extension for some reason always get transferred to someone that will actually pick up the phone at admissions. You guys can try that.

Thanks for the advice, I called Julie Smith and they picked up. I asked about my status and she said I will get a letter in the mail by the end of this week, I pretty sure she just told me Im rejected :(

Thanks for the advice, I called Julie Smith and they picked up. I asked about my status and she said I will get a letter in the mail by the end of this week, I pretty sure she just told me Im rejected :(

not necessarily, it could be an alternate letter. They did say that all alternate and rejection letters will be through mail. At this point, I think the rest of us will be place of the alternate list :/

when did u call ? dont lose ur hope ...it can be alternate list too:xf:

Last edited:
when did u call ? dont lose ur hope ...it can be alternate list too:xf:

You are right, it could be an alternate, I guess I didnt think about that, well then I think this means we will all be getting letters this week (if they are not lying again!).

I wonder how fast or slow their alternate list moves?

You are right, it could be an alternate, I guess I didnt think about that, well then I think this means we will all be getting letters this week (if they are not lying again!).

I wonder how fast or slow their alternate list moves?
I wish they would tell us ....when did u call ? my friend called on Monday and she got the letter on Wendsday

I wish they would tell us ....when did u call ? my friend called on Monday and she got the letter on Wendsday

You mean she called last Monday?

I called this morning around 9. I hope people start to drop their seats...

You mean she called last Monday?

I called this morning around 9. I hope people start to drop their seats...
Oh :( guys please let school know if you want to attend any other schools ....so many of us are waiting for months ...waiting is so hard plz feel us....

Hey guyssss,
I was accepted this morning via email at 1030am!!!!!! I'm very surprised to not see anyone else post that they were also accepted :/ I honestly almost gave up, but I guess there's still hope guys!!!!!!!!!! I was on hold ever since the 1/28 interview!!!! Good luck to everyoneeeee :xf:

hey guyssss,
i was accepted this morning via email at 1030am!!!!!! I'm very surprised to not see anyone else post that they were also accepted :/ i honestly almost gave up, but i guess there's still hope guys!!!!!!!!!! I was on hold ever since the 1/28 interview!!!! Good luck to everyoneeeee :xf:

omg congratulations!!!

Hey guyssss,
I was accepted this morning via email at 1030am!!!!!! I'm very surprised to not see anyone else post that they were also accepted :/ I honestly almost gave up, but I guess there's still hope guys!!!!!!!!!! I was on hold ever since the 1/28 interview!!!! Good luck to everyoneeeee :xf:

congratulations. Hope to see you come August.

Hey guyssss,

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!! :) CONGRATS!!! I guess no more Roseman, huh? :)

Now let us both pass biochem LOL:thumbup:

omg congratulations!!!

congratulations. Hope to see you come August.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!! :) CONGRATS!!! I guess no more Roseman, huh? :)

Now let us both pass biochem LOL:thumbup:

THANKS EVERYONE!! Hope to see you all as well :D

@amhong: I know I was so shocked!!!!! And yeah, no more Roseman! I was really set on it cause I was so unsure about Western. Roseman would have been a cool experience, but I think I'd do much better at Western. YES, my biochem exam is in ONE WEEK!!! What about yours??? I actually brought up my grade slowly, thank goodness. GOOD LUCK WITH FINALS!!!

congrats !!! .. i hope more people would join the facebook group .. i dont know why there is less than 40 ppl join so far

congrats !!! .. i hope more people would join the facebook group .. i dont know why there is less than 40 ppl join so far
Yayyyyyyyyy I got an acceptance email around 4:30 today toooo, I was on hold since 1/28 :love:I still cant believe it ...Good Luck every one I hope u all get good news too:luck:

Did you just join?

what the heck, someone is also from walnut and went to UCI LOL...small world.

Nooo I didn't just join. Do you have the link??

Yayyyyyyyyy I got an acceptance email around 4:30 today toooo, I was on hold since 1/28 :love:I still cant believe it ...Good Luck every one I hope u all get good news too:luck:

YAYYYY!!!!!!! Congratssss, we've been waiting for SO LONG!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! :)

Exactlyyyy :Dwhats the link for FB?

I could've sworn it was posted a lot haha. Unless you guys are messing with us. :D

http://www.facebook.com/groups/265287183544676/

Did you just join?

what the heck, someone is also from walnut and went to UCI LOL...small world.

Pfft....too much UCI people. Needs moar diversity jkjkjkkkkkkk :D

i'm sure the class is diverse. not everyone has a facebook or know about sdn :)

True true :)

Sooooooo many people are coming from UC schools.

Lol in general though, there's a lot of people coming in from UC schools in all pharm schools, especially California schools. Even the out-of-state schools very much acknowledge the UC system as having a "good reputation." I just found it funny that Western's incoming class is skewed towards UC Irvine students lol.

UCI bio sci reunion in facebook group right now. :laugh:

Pfftt... we other schools can have our own party going on ;)

Lol in general though, there's a lot of people coming in from UC schools in all pharm schools, especially California schools. Even the out-of-state schools very much acknowledge the UC system as having a "good reputation." I just found it funny that Western's incoming class is skewed towards UC Irvine students lol.

Important thing is we are all now WesternU PharmD 2016 students.

hahaha aren't there only 40 students in the facebook group? i doubt it, i'm sure it's a coincidence. maybe the other 80 students are still deciding or waiting on other schools to respond to them. but i do agree, they tend to accept more UC just because most people like to stay in state :)

i go to uci and i'm still waiting. hopefully that won't lower my chance of being admitted. i really want to go to westernu .. :/

i know a lot of people will be hearing back from ucsf within a few weeks, so if you do choose another school, please let westernu know asap because there are still many of us waiting ..

Important thing is we are all now WesternU PharmD 2016 students.

+1 :thumbup:

hahaha aren't there only 40 students in the facebook group? i doubt it, i'm sure it's a coincidence. maybe the other 80 students are still deciding or waiting on other schools to respond to them. but i do agree, they tend to accept more UC just because most people like to stay in state :)

Haha true, most likely a coincidence. Who knows what's going on with the other 80 "students"? We'll get to know them eventually. It'll be a surprise haha.

i go to uci and i'm still waiting. hopefully that won't lower my chance of being admitted. i really want to go to westernu .. :/

i know a lot of people will be hearing back from ucsf within a few weeks, so if you do choose another school, please let westernu know asap because there are still many of us waiting ..

Theoretically it shouldn't lower your chances. UC Irvine could just have a really good reputation with Western. Of course, it's just a hypothesis. There's a lot of reasons why the current facebook group of less than 40 people has mass amounts of UC Irvine people. It could just be that tons of UCI people apply. Or it could be that UCI people tend to choose Western as a school. Or accepted students that previously went to Irvine are more in touch with facebook/sdn and choose to join the facebook group. Or going back with my original hypothesis, UCI has good reputation w/ Western, and so forth.

Last edited:
UCI bio sci reunion in facebook group right now. :laugh:

WHEEE!!!!!! :) There's nothing wrong with that... lmao

THANKS EVERYONE!! Hope to see you all as well :D

@amhong: I know I was so shocked!!!!! And yeah, no more Roseman! I was really set on it cause I was so unsure about Western. Roseman would have been a cool experience, but I think I'd do much better at Western. YES, my biochem exam is in ONE WEEK!!! What about yours??? I actually brought up my grade slowly, thank goodness. GOOD LUCK WITH FINALS!!!

I have a midterm day after memorial day, then a final on June 5 =O. I have to do an Unofficial grade report to western lolol

Theoretically it shouldn't lower your chances. UC Irvine could just have a really good reputation with Western. Of course, it's just a hypothesis. There's a lot of reasons why the current facebook group of less than 40 people has mass amounts of UC Irvine people. It could just be that tons of UCI people apply. Or it could be that UCI people tend to choose Western as a school. Or accepted students that previously went to Irvine are more in touch with facebook/sdn and choose to join the facebook group. Or going back with my original hypothesis, UCI has good reputation w/ Western, and so forth.

I think a lot of UCI students end up in Western because a lot of people I met from UCI are from SGV/walnut area, and they apply locally to stay in the area! It's kind of like why the class consists mostly of girls, it's just what they're working with not because of a preference towards one or the other :)

I have a midterm day after memorial day, then a final on June 5 =O. I have to do an Unofficial grade report to western lolol

Wowwww your class ends so late!!! Where are you taking it at (sorry if you already told me)?? & when is the grade report due? They won't let you wait until your official grade is in?