2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally got interview so excited...Good luck every one :luck:
I have not received an interview yet, but I am very glad you got one. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like I'll have to wait until March 3rd. Well, I'm gonna get ready like hell, assuming I get it.

I just received a missed call today... crap... my phone was dead... from Danielle i believe... I am crossing my fingers on an interview this Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let it be the interview! That would be a great start of the Lunar New Year! =]

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope all of you guys are ready on such short notice.

I just received a missed call today... crap... my phone was dead... from Danielle i believe... I am crossing my fingers on an interview this Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let it be the interview! That would be a great start of the Lunar New Year! =]

No worries, you can call her back tomorrow. She's usually busy, so will have to try a few times.

I got my call around 4:30 PM today about the saturday interview. I asked Danielle and she said she still had a long list of people to call. Good luck everyone!

Did anyone get an interview invite who submitted their supplemental late? Like around Oct 30-Nov 1. Just curious.

I have not received an interview yet, but I am very glad you got one. Good luck!!
Thanks =) u will get an interview too ,don't worry.... i submitted my application in July..when I didnt get call for Dec I was so disappointed....now I got one ...Good luck:xf:

Congratz to those who got interviews and good luck this Saturday! :thumbup:

No worries, you can call her back tomorrow. She's usually busy, so will have to try a few times.

Just called back I got lucky and she picked up first time... confirmed the interview this saturday ... Sucks that its just an interview... this whole process is so stressful lol maybe I need a xanax to calm me down! : p I kid!

Just called back I got lucky and she picked up first time... confirmed the interview this saturday ... Sucks that its just an interview... this whole process is so stressful lol maybe I need a xanax to calm me down! : p I kid!

Just wait until you see the crowd of people showing up to the interview lol. Relax though, it's actually not a stressful process. You get plenty of time to talk to current students and interact with other applicants. If you have been to other interviews, you'll most likely see many familiar faces.

Can't help on the essay question since they give out different prompts even within the same interview day. But from what I remembered, it's very straight forward and simple to express your thoughts/opinions.

Good luck!

Thanks =) u will get an interview too ,don't worry.... i submitted my application in July..when I didnt get call for Dec I was so disappointed....now I got one ...Good luck:xf:

Hi Ghoorii!!

I submitted my application around July too but havent heard from them. Do you mind sharing your stats?

THank you!

Hi Ghoorii!!

I submitted my application around July too but havent heard from them. Do you mind sharing your stats?

THank you!

Sure my overall GPA is 3.55 and my pre pharm is 3.4 with almost 2 years pharmacy intership.... Good luck...:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
submitted supp last week of oct. (don't remember exact date) got an invite today around 1pm. so they are still making calls! waited 2 weeks for this. good luck! :)
I am assuming everyone is coming at 7:30a to check in right?? lol omg time to go to the campus to make sure I dont get lost when I do go! Luckily, I live 40 minutes away... Can't wait and I am very excited! I hope for a miracle in getting accepted here. it would be a dream come true! Ever since undergrad, it has been my ideal school!

Good luck to everyone else! See ya there! =]

I am assuming everyone is coming at 7:30a to check in right?? lol omg time to go to the campus to make sure I dont get lost when I do go! Luckily, I live 40 minutes away... Can't wait and I am very excited! I hope for a miracle in getting accepted here. it would be a dream come true! Ever since undergrad, it has been my ideal school!

Good luck to everyone else! See ya there! =]

lol you'll do great...dont be so stressed.

Good luck everyone interviewing this weekend :thumbup:

Did anyone get an interview invite who submitted their supplemental late? Like around Oct 30-Nov 1. Just curious.

Hi there, I missed a call today from Daniell so Im hoping it is for the saturday interview, I submitted my app. a week before the deadline.

Hi there, I missed a call today from Daniell so Im hoping it is for the saturday interview, I submitted my app. a week before the deadline.

Hi Barellanes:

Do you know if Danielle is the counselor for students with last names A-M?

Thank you!!

Hi there, I missed a call today from Daniell so Im ho:confused:ping it is for the saturday interview, I submitted my app. a week before the deadline.

Im just curious... how do u know u missed the call from her? Did she leave a Voicemail? Pls can anybody help me? Cuz I missed a call also but I don't know that number.

Im just curious... how do u know u missed the call from her? Did she leave a Voicemail? Pls can anybody help me? Cuz I missed a call also but I don't know that number.

I had a missed call from her too back in December - anytime I get a missed call, I google the area code if it's foreign to me - usually that gives me a hint as to who it is. I googled the area code and it was Pomona, so I figured it was someone from Western calling :D

This is a good trick for any missed call you get, btw.

You can also google whole numbers and if it's an established institution like a university, hospital, business, etc the number usually shows up because it's on the website somewhere

will this be an opened or closed interview??? can someone who has went thru an interivew give me a heads up =D thanks!

I got a call yesterday too about the interview this Saturday. I think I spent around 5 minutes hyperventilating after I got off the phone with Danielle. How is everyone preparing for the interview? Btw, Crzycrys do you happen to live in OC?

will this be an opened or closed interview??? can someone who has went thru an interivew give me a heads up =D thanks!

I think it may be a closed filed interview, but might be wrong. They didn't mention any prior activities or involvement, and only found out when I talked about them. When I interviewed, the interviewers just had a list of questions in from of them and paper to take notes of what I said :laugh:

I got a call yesterday too about the interview this Saturday. I think I spent around 5 minutes hyperventilating after I got off the phone with Danielle. How is everyone preparing for the interview? Btw, Crzycrys do you happen to live in OC?

yup! I am from Socal... westminster! hehe :) SO nervous about tomorrow!

Last edited:
Thread so dead...

How was the interview this past weekend?

I thought it was pretty chill. My interviewers asked generic questions and the writing sample was simple too. For those interested, the staff told the interview group that approximately 35 applicants have been accepted. They also plan on accepting a large number of interviewee from the January batch.

I thought it was pretty chill. My interviewers asked generic questions and the writing sample was simple too. For those interested, the staff told the interview group that approximately 35 applicants have been accepted. They also plan on accepting a large number of interviewee from the January batch.
what do they mean by large number ?there is only 1 interview left and they are supposed to accept 160-200 in total ... so should we expect 80-90/150 from this one ... I hope:xf:

what do they mean by large number ?there is only 1 interview left and they are supposed to accept 160-200 in total ... so should we expect 80-90/150 from this one ... I hope:xf:

actually they only have room for 120 students. but since some students will drop their acceptances to Western, they'll accept a bit more to accommodate in order to reach the 120 limit. Last I heard, they will be accepting around 50 students from the January interview.

Don't forget there are hold and alternate lists on top of accepted students.

Thread so dead...

How was the interview this past weekend?

Interview questions were pretty much the same ones that were listed on their website. Essay topic was a more personal one. It was a 2 on 1 interview with one student and one faculty. Unfortunately, I felt pretty disappointed in Western as the school didn't impress me at all compared to other schools.
Good luck for those in the March interview! :thumbup:

I had Dr. Prabhu as the interviewer and a P1 student! Lucky me, right? Well the dean himself was super nice and I was very comfortable in the room. I also was not nervous at all. Overall, the experience was better than my first interview I had with Pacific. I hope i hear good news in two weeks!

I had Dr. Prabhu as the interviewer and a P1 student! Lucky me, right? Well the dean himself was super nice and I was very comfortable in the room. I also was not nervous at all. Overall, the experience was better than my first interview I had with Pacific. I hope i hear good news in two weeks!

wow interview with the dean himself?...lol at least hes nice and didn't scare the crap out of you. i would be super nervous.

Okay, is there anybody on here still waiting for the next interview?

Okay, is there anybody on here still waiting for the next interview?

I am! They're still verifying my prereqs since none of my courses fulfulls the molecular biology portion of biochem. I have to take another biochem course. :thumbdown:

I am! They're still verifying my prereqs since none of my courses fulfulls the molecular biology portion of biochem. I have to take another biochem course. :thumbdown:

I hated that class, but I grew to love the subject. Where you coming from and what school? If you don't mind telling.

I'm from Socal and went to CSU Fullerton. I live about 45 minutes away with no traffic.

That is actually my route to get there. Sometimes before the 91, it can get quite chaotic. The 57 is very accident prone, because some people do not know how to merge...

That is actually my route to get there. Sometimes before the 91, it can get quite chaotic. The 57 is very accident prone, because some people do not know how to merge...

haha yea...

im lucky i only live 10 miles away LOL

Did anyone receive an email saying they're still on hold? For those of you who interviewed on Saturday, did they say anything about what exactly an hold applicant is and how many students they already put on hold?

hi guys! I was wondering if you received a lack letter telling you how many courses you're missing. I never received one but got an interview. Asides from an e-mail saying that they received my secondary, I never got anything else.

hi guys! I was wondering if you received a lack letter telling you how many courses you're missing. I never received one but got an interview. Asides from an e-mail saying that they received my secondary, I never got anything else.

Do you know you're missing classes? If not, there shouldn't be any notices. I didn't receive anything after the confirmation as well and that's it until interview and after interview. I think you will receive a final matriculation checklist after accepted.

Last edited:
Do you know you're missing classes? If not, there shouldn't be any notices. I didn't receive anything after the confirmation as well and that's it until interview and after interview. I think you will receive a final matriculation checklist after accepted.

yeah i haven't taken anatomy and anatomy lab :( i couldn't even get into those classes, do you think they'll extend the prereq deadline to summer? :/

yeah i haven't taken anatomy and anatomy lab :( i couldn't even get into those classes, do you think they'll extend the prereq deadline to summer? :/

I dont think so, since summer classes usually ends in August and orientation will start August 6th I think. But it never hurts to ask, perhaps they will make an exception.

Are you located souther california? There are saddleback college, irvine valley college, orange coast college, golden western college, pasadena city college, santa monica college, mt sac college, just to name a few where you can use as alternatives.

Anatomy is truly a very annoying requirement to fill because it's the most popular course among medical professional schools requirement. :(

Hope everything works out for you!