2017-2018 Bryn Mawr APPLICATION THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueskygreengrass

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently applied to Bryn Mawr's Postbac Program. Anyone else have? Anyone know what the response time is like when you apply this early.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kind of just holding on to my app since they don't review until October anyhow. I'm just so nervous about actually hitting the submit button. But, I'm definetly doing early decision. If I don't get in (which I'm a pretty on the fence candidate as it is) I'll be applying for the HES postbac in spring.

I'm kind of just holding on to my app since they don't review until October anyhow. I'm just so nervous about actually hitting the submit button. But, I'm definetly doing early decision. If I don't get in (which I'm a pretty on the fence candidate as it is) I'll be applying for the HES postbac in spring.

Also queued up and hitting send within the next week here but have the same nerves.

Just FYI, the process is Early Action, not Early Decision (it is not binding). The only benefit of EA is that you are guaranteed an admission decision by Dec 21. I've also heard there may be a very slight admission rate bump to applying EA, but I don't know for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just hit 'submit'! Have either of you?

ill be submitting mine this coming Monday....

If you don't mind me asking, why do you think you're an on-the-fence candidate?

I applied in mid-September. I'm glad to see that other applicants are just as anxious as I am! Hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer.

Last edited:
So from what I gather, applicants usually hear back in two weeks or so? Is that what we are thinking or because we applied early, will we probably have to wait a little longer?

My application was complete a week ago today, and still waiting to hear back about an interview! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview this coming week -- has anyone visited yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was notified by email, but have since spoken with them on the phone!
Okay, I haven't heard anything at all, and since I don't exactly subscribe to the idea that no news is good news, especially in this case, I'm thinking I might have had an outright rejection. I'd still like it confirmed though. Maybe I'll call st the end of the week. But thanks for updating the thread! Good luck on your interview!!

I was notified by email, but have since spoken with them on the phone!
Congratulations! I hope that your interview goes well! If you don't mind me asking, when did you hear back from them requesting an interview and how early on did you complete your application?

Congratulations! I hope that your interview goes well! If you don't mind me asking, when did you hear back from them requesting an interview and how early on did you complete your application?

Hi! I applied at the beginning of September, and heard back about 2 weeks later about an interview. Good luck to all!

Any other updates? I just found out that my application on had not been reviewed all this time because they were waiting on materials that I didn't actually need to send. They had to manually go in and fix it in order for my application to show up as complete. I'm kicking myself for not catching this earlier. So... my app should be going to the committee in the next few days but I wonder if this may affect my outcome since I am being reviewed later than the other early applicants. But anyhow, hope everyone else gets decisions soon!

Applied 9/26 and just got an email this morning (11/2) inviting me to interview. Looks like upcoming dates are 11/9, 11/14, and 11/16.

Not sure if there's a rhyme or reason to timing of finding out?

Applied 9/26 and just got an email this morning (11/2) inviting me to interview. Looks like upcoming dates are 11/9, 11/14, and 11/16.

Not sure if there's a rhyme or reason to timing of finding out?

Hi! Thanks for your post. I also applied right around that time but haven't heard back anything yet. Was your application complete as of Oct. 26 or simply submitted then? Also, If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats (GPA, test scores, and such..)?

I applied September 26 (not October) so that I met the Early Action timeline. If you applied October 26 it may be a while longer.

I think everything was submitted except for one recommendation (I submitted three total) and my official SAT scores scores. Both of those items made it in before the October 12 deadline for supporting materials. I'll message you my stats.

I have an interview this coming week -- has anyone visited yet?
Hi student 1995. Congrats on the interview! From what I've seen on here, a previous admitted student wrote about the schedule and what to expect at the interview, but it was from 2011 when the program was led by a different dean. If you don't mind, can you either DM me or post some general overview of the day/what to expect. Good luck and thanks!

Hi student 1995. Congrats on the interview! From what I've seen on here, a previous admitted student wrote about the schedule and what to expect at the interview, but it was from 2011 when the program was led by a different dean. If you don't mind, can you either DM me or post some general overview of the day/what to expect. Good luck and thanks!

I actually interviewed over Skype, so I cant comment on what the schedule on interview day is like!

Hey guys! Thought I'd mention that I got my rejection email today. Hope everyone gets a response(maybe better than my outcome) soon if you haven't already! Good luck guys!

Sorry to hear it! Good luck to you with other apps!

Have you heard back yet? Has anyone that has interviewed recently heard?
Nothing yet. I was told it'd be 2-3 weeks with the Thanksgiving holiday, so maybe at some point this coming week...

Hi Everyone,

All my materials were marked complete on 12/5. Any idea for an expected timeline for response? I am hoping to hear before the holiday season.

Thanks!

Applied to Bryn Mawr via Regular Admission in December, has anyone heard back regarding whether they got an interview on campus?

Those of you who were accepted and feel compelled to share, would you please post some basic stats about your application? I'm interested in this program, but I can't get a feel for how hard the admission process is or how high their standards are. I called, but the guy who answered the phone was quite rude and unhelpful. He wouldn't answer the most basic questions with anything other than "it's on the website." I read the whole site multiple times and my questions were not answered in any of the documentation.

Congrats to those of you who were accepted and good luck with your next applications to those who weren't. For those of you who are now attending Bryn Mawr, do you recommend it?