2017 Manchester College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

florange

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It doesn't appear as if anyone created a thread for the Fall 2013 entering class of Manchester University COP, so I decided to take the leap and do it myself.

Has anyone else applied here?

Can anyone speak on the facilities at Manchester, or the city of Fort Wayne?

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't appear as if anyone created a thread for the Fall 2013 entering class of Manchester University COP, so I decided to take the leap and do it myself.

Has anyone else applied here?

Can anyone speak on the facilities at Manchester, or the city of Fort Wayne?

Just apply too

Members don't see this ad :)
I just apply too. I'm from Fort Wayne and it is not a big city like Indianapolis but it is big is enough. It's the 2nd largest city in Indiana. You can find most of the stores, restaurants... in town. They are all in distance for driving. I haven't got a chance to visit the school yet, but I heard they are doing very well. I passed by it sometime on my way to work and it looks new and big. Right next to school is the hospital call Park View. I'm planning to visit school next month, I will update more info later....

Hello,

Thanks for creating this page for Manchester. I'm submitting my application tonight and hope it's not late . This school is my first choice. My gpa is around 3.55 and and I have worked in Pharmacy for almost one year. I really hope I can get in. Can anyone applying this year share his/her stats?:love:

Hello,

Thanks for creating this page for Manchester. I'm submitting my application tonight and hope it's not late . This school is my first choice. My gpa is around 3.55 and and I have worked in Pharmacy for almost one year. I really hope I can get in. Can anyone applying this year share his/her stats?:love:

Mine is 3.5...
Graduated with biochemistry degree last years
Work in Cvs for 4 years

Mine is 3.5...
Graduated with biochemistry degree last years
Work in Cvs for 4 years
Thanks. Have you applied yet? Do you know how competitive is it to get in the program? I'm really nervous now.

hey everyone..i applied to this school in august and submitted my supplemental the beginning of October and was offer an interview for Nov 10. Is anyone else interviewing that date as well?

I received an interview invite as well. I'm from Florida and the flights to Indiana have skyrocketed since hurricane Sandy. The ticket prices have gone from $300 to $700. Thus, I will have to decline. :( I hope I can be considered for their second round of interviews.

Hello,

CumGPA 3.2
Science GPA 3.62
Math GPA 3.0
14 years experience as a CPhT
Non traditional student, wife and mother of 3
No Bachelors
PCAT 78

They are accepting 70 students, but I'm not sure how many have applied.

CumGPA 3.2
Science GPA 3.62
Math GPA 3.0
14 years experience as a CPhT
Non traditional student, wife and mother of 3
No Bachelors
PCAT 78

They are accepting 70 students, but I'm not sure how many have applied.

CumGPA 3.1
Science GPA 3.45
Two Bachelors, One In Nuclear Medicine and Chemistry
PCAT 54
Worked as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for 5yrs
Non Traditional Student, Husband and Father of 2, another on the way:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
What other schools will you all also be applying to?

I've also applied to the University of Florida.

CumGPA 3.1
Science GPA 3.45
Two Bachelors, One In Nuclear Medicine and Chemistry
PCAT 54
Worked as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for 5yrs
Non Traditional Student, Husband and Father of 2, another on the way:laugh:

Congratulations!!
:D

What other schools will you all also be applying to?

I've also applied to the University of Florida.

I'm from Minnesota applied to the following schools

Roseman University in Nevada
Regis University in Colorado
South College in TN
Pacific University OR
Manchester University IN

got Interview coming up at Roseman University:scared:

Thanks. Have you applied yet? Do you know how competitive is it to get in the program? I'm really nervous now.

I did few days ago. Hope to get an interview from them soon. I think it will be competitive since they only accept 70 students and it is only pharmacy school in northern of Indiana.

I received an interview invite as well. I'm from Florida and the flights to Indiana have skyrocketed since hurricane Sandy. The ticket prices have gone from $300 to $700. Thus, I will have to decline. :( I hope I can be considered for their second round of interviews.

If you explain to them your situation, I bet they will reschedule you to a different interview day.

I have visited the Manchester campus in Fort Wayne. The campus is brand new and looks amazing. Manchester is a good local college with a great reputation.

I was born and raised in Fort Wayne. Fort Wayne is a large enough town for all your needs. There is literally everything you need right there on Dupont Road (which is where Manchester is at – Dupont and Diebold): two hospitals, two pharmacies, two grocery stores, three apartment complexes, tens of restaurants, one movie theater, two Starbucks, and Pearson Vue (where I believe we would take the test to get a pharmacy license).The rest of Fort Wayne has just about everything else you need.

I will be at the November 10th Interview as well. Good luck to all. I hear they are very good about getting back with us after the interview. Within two weeks seemed to be the consensus from last year.

If anyone has a question about the city of Fort Wayne I'll try to respond. Fort Wayne is a good enough place to live. Tons of restaurants, loads of overweight people (makes the rest of you look even skinnier!!), and is a safe/boring place to raise a family.

Cum GPA 3.24
Science GPA 3.23
Math GPA 3.14
Two Degrees, BS in Criminal Justice & AS in Nursing
Working as a Registered Nurse for past 2 years
Non Traditional Student, Husband and Father of 2

I will be at the November 10th interview, who else is attending?

I am getting kind of nervous as it gets closer, but I think it should be fun and an exciting experience!

hey everyone..i applied to this school in august and submitted my supplemental the beginning of October and was offer an interview for Nov 10. Is anyone else interviewing that date as well?

I'll be there! I think I submitted beginning of October as well. Where are you coming from? I am coming from California and the ticket prices were ridiculous, but oh well! It should be worth it HOPEFULLY.

I'm coming from California as well..yea the tickets were really expensive..I'm kind of nervous though..hehe

I have visited the Manchester campus in Fort Wayne. The campus is brand new and looks amazing. Manchester is a good local college with a great reputation.

I was born and raised in Fort Wayne. Fort Wayne is a large enough town for all your needs. There is literally everything you need right there on Dupont Road (which is where Manchester is at – Dupont and Diebold): two hospitals, two pharmacies, two grocery stores, three apartment complexes, tens of restaurants, one movie theater, two Starbucks, and Pearson Vue (where I believe we would take the test to get a pharmacy license).The rest of Fort Wayne has just about everything else you need.

I will be at the November 10th Interview as well. Good luck to all. I hear they are very good about getting back with us after the interview. Within two weeks seemed to be the consensus from last year.

If anyone has a question about the city of Fort Wayne I’ll try to respond. Fort Wayne is a good enough place to live. Tons of restaurants, loads of overweight people (makes the rest of you look even skinnier!!), and is a safe/boring place to raise a family.

Cum GPA 3.24
Science GPA 3.23
Math GPA 3.14
Two Degrees, BS in Criminal Justice & AS in Nursing
Working as a Registered Nurse for past 2 years
Non Traditional Student, Husband and Father of 2

Thank you for sharing. How are the winters in Fort Wayne? Coming from Florida, that has me the most nervous.

Most years not too bad. It will be cold but usually not too cold till January. You could have low's at night at subzero some nights, but days 20-30ish. Snow usually hits January/February. There are days with 2-3 feet of snow on the ground, but Fort Wayne does an OK job of cleaning it up. The next day it is usually all cleaned up. Don't be too worried about the snow. Once you get through a winter you'll see it isn't a big deal. Just be glad you aren't going to Minnesota.

I'm coming from California as well..yea the tickets were really expensive..I'm kind of nervous though..hehe

Yeah, me too. I will be renting a car and driving about 20 minutes to get to campus Saturday. I also had to book my hotel for two nights because there were no flights leaving the same day.

See you all Saturday!!! :) Travel safe! and Good luck!

Yeah, me too. I will be renting a car and driving about 20 minutes to get to campus Saturday. I also had to book my hotel for two nights because there were no flights leaving the same day.

Today I withdrew my application from Manchester but I wish you all the very best of luck Saturday.

I'm flying in from NJ tomorrow and my flight gets to indianapolis airport around 10am. Is anyone driving from there to fort wayne? or taking a shuttle?

Ok guys i just applied to this university my stats are as follow
3.37 math
3.3 science
3.14 cum
AS in Radiology Technology with Licence
BS in Biology
1500 volunteer hours
I am Husband of a beautiful wife
I am from Miami, Florida
3 LORs
I am hoping to get into the program because I really like there pharmacy curriculum.:D

Ok guys i just applied to this university my stats are as follow
3.37 math
3.3 science
3.14 cum
AS in Radiology Technology with Licence
BS in Biology
1500 volunteer hours
I am Husband of a beautiful wife
I am from Miami, Florida
3 LORs
I am hoping to get into the program because I really like there pharmacy curriculum.:D

You'll get in. Congratulations in advanced.

Do you guys know how many applied here and how many transfer students seats are available

:xf:

Well I applied to the following schools / universities
Touro college NY
Manchester uni
LECOM university
Nova Southeastern University
UF

Nice mix. I love Manchester, but UF ended up being the best fit for both me and my family. I have an interview December 6th.

Nice mix. I love Manchester, but UF ended up being the best fit for both me and my family. I have an interview December 6th.

Yeah it is a nice mix but let me tell you the toro college of pharmacy is a dump place because I had an interview with them and the school is only looking to make money.....If you really wanna be a professional pharmacist its not a place to be....They do exagerate on 2+2 program but by talking to the pharmacy student who are only there to party they donot even have to attend any class....I mean how can a professional school slack on mendatory attendance.....I also hope the manchester university will be the one for me beacuse there curriculum are much appropriate....Tell me why do you like manchester university.......

Yeah it is a nice mix but let me tell you the toro college of pharmacy is a dump place because I had an interview with them and the school is only looking to make money.....If you really wanna be a professional pharmacist its not a place to be....They do exagerate on 2+2 program but by talking to the pharmacy student who are only there to party they donot even have to attend any class....I mean how can a professional school slack on mendatory attendance.....I also hope the manchester university will be the one for me beacuse there curriculum are much appropriate....Tell me why do you like manchester university.......

Manchester falculty are caring, helpful, and knowledgable. When I call I always get a person and an answer. The facilities are beautiful and inspire learning. The cirriculum is approachable and not scary. They also have resources like tutors and labs to help if you struggle. The only negative about the school, was its not accredited and the winters. I've never seen snow, let alone live in it, I was a little worried to say the least.

I hope that I am lucky and fortunate enough to get a interview from Manchester. I would enjoy going to this school.

For anyone else who did their interview yesterday, please post when you hear something.... :confused:

I'm flying in from NJ tomorrow and my flight gets to indianapolis airport around 10am. Is anyone driving from there to fort wayne? or taking a shuttle?

How did it go? We're you impressed? What did you or didn't you like?

Interview was long but good. The actual interview was only 30 minutes long. The whole day was more a presentation of the program, tour of the facility, easy writing assignment, white coat fitting, and easy group exercise.

I was very impressed with the faculty and facility. It seems like the professors are there because they want to teach and be able to do research. I guess rats may be coming soon as test subjects. Kind of neat.

The only bad thing is that the campus consists of one builiding only. There isn't any 'fun' places on it. I wish there was a fitness center or something to do other than study on campus.

Last edited:
Interview was long but good. The actual interview was only 30 minutes long. The whole day was more a presentation of the program, tour of the facility, easy writing assignment, white coat fitting, and easy group exercise.

I was very impressed with the faculty and facility. It seems like the professors are there because they want to teach and be able to do research. I guess rats may be coming soon as test subjects. Kind of neat.

The only bad thing is that the campus consists of one builiding only. There isn't any 'fun' places on it. I wish there was a fitness center or something to do other than study on campus.

Hey what was the writting assignment and how long was it..I mean How much time did they gave you to write on.......

15 minute writing assignment over an elementary school difficulty question. Don't worry about it. I won't give away the question, but something similar would be 'What was your favorite vacation and what made it your favorite'?

Has anyone heard anything back after the interview?

Please post if you hear something back from the college about your status. Thanks :)

I wonder if anyone has heard anything about their status since the Nov 10 interview..I'm getting a lil nervous.. :/

With your post badboyz2005, there looks like four of us on this forum who went to that interview day, and no one has heard anything yet (to my knowledge). I am still holding out for a straight 'Accepted' :) from this first interview, but will accept a 'Committee Hold' :(

hello guys, those that have interviewed how was the interview like?what kind of questions did they ask?
Was it a one on one interview?

thanks