2018 Chicago State University COP-chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have received my acceptance via email today..........

Members don't see this ad.

but on the email i got from them it says that the interview is on the 25th Sat and that we should arrive at 7:45am.

here is ma email:

The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and would like to extend an invitation for you to come in for an interview. The interview will be held on 2014-01-25 (YYYY/MM/DD) in Douglas Hall Room 200. Your arrival time should be 11:45 AM. Your day (between 3-4hrs) will consist of a general orientation by the Associate Dean, a question and answer period, a tour of the campus and your interview.

here is ma email:

The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and would like to extend an invitation for you to come in for an interview. The interview will be held on 2014-01-25 (YYYY/MM/DD) in Douglas Hall Room 200. Your arrival time should be 11:45 AM. Your day (between 3-4hrs) will consist of a general orientation by the Associate Dean, a question and answer period, a tour of the campus and your interview.
interesting looks like they have two interviews on the same day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have received my acceptance via email today..........
congrats so will you be going to CSU or waiting on another school. i interview next week so hopefully Ill get in too...

RGrill:

I am debating between 3 universities at the moment. CSU is definitely in the running. The Dean and Staff members were absolutely amazing.

Reactions: 1 user
I have just gotten an interview invitation. So for those who have been interviewed, can you guys briefly tell us about what was the interview like and it will be great if you can share with us what type of questions they have asked. Thank you very much!!!

I have just gotten an interview invitation. So for those who have been interviewed, can you guys briefly tell us about what was the interview like and it will be great if you can share with us what type of questions they have asked. Thank you very much!!!

Me too!! But I'm not going

Why not??

Well because I already put my deposit down for Midwestern and have an upcoming interview for UIC, so it will be a decision between those schools. When I said something before about not receiving an interview invite yet I was more just curious as to why not...lol

Well because I already put my deposit down for Midwestern and have an upcoming interview for UIC, so it will be a decision between those schools. When I said something before about not receiving an interview invite yet I was more just curious as to why not...lol

Congratz!! I also got an interview for UIC and I want to be well prepared for each interview. Good Luck to you

Do you mind sharing when did you receive the email saying that your application was under review?
Sorry for the late reply! But yes about mid December, and they got back to me early January. The interview was chill, so don't worry about that!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed yesterday Saturday at 1145am...it was a nice interview ( one-on-one tho with the Doc and a student: little pressure there).
If you got an interview here...don't fret...you will actually enjoy it.

For those who have received interviews, can you please comment on your stats.....I feel like its pretty late and I haven't received an interview yet.They received my fall updates in early January and Im still waiting. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

I have not seen any thread for this application cycle class of 2018, so feel free to ask your questions...:)

I interviewed at CSU last Saturday and just received the admission offer email. I will interviewed at Midwestern next month, and still waiting for invitation from UIC.

I interviewed Jan 25th at 7:45am and got put on wait list. anybody else

rgrill if you dont mind sharing wat r ur stats

Everyone on the waiting list don't worry. I declined their offer to attendMidwestern University. Good luck to you all.

So, I got interviewed Jan 25th. Accepted Jan 31st.
But guess what, my email of acceptance that I got must have been retracted by their office coz I went back into my inbox today to read it and compare when there deposit has to be in and walla! The contents of the email are no more. It is as if they recalled the email. Oh well...am not worried anyway...wasn't going there anyway, but it just feels terrible for someone to send you an acceptance and rethink their decision there after.

But guess what, my email of acceptance that I got must have been retracted by their office coz I went back into my inbox today to read it and compare when there deposit has to be in and walla! The contents of the email are no more. It is as if they recalled the email. Oh well...am not worried anyway...wasn't going there anyway, but it just feels terrible for someone to send you an acceptance and rethink their decision there after.
Are you serious? How is that even possible? I was there on the 25th too, Afternoon session.

Are you serious? How is that even possible? I was there on the 25th too, Afternoon session.

Afternoon session here too...

Cud be my bad...but am going to keep an eye on it.

thats weird

Sorry guys...the email thing might have been a computer issue...***I have a virus on ma computer now*** Went to work and retrieved the original email.
Sorry for the scare there.

Reactions: 1 users
Another seat opened up as I declined CSU and deciding between Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin and waiting on UIC. I already paid Midwestern Deposit

Another seat opened up as I declined CSU and deciding between Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin and waiting on UIC. I already paid Midwestern Deposit
congrats and good luck.

+1

Have an interview here soon! Any tips? Is this an open or closed file interview?
Hi! From what I recall, it is a closed interview :) Just be honest and yourself, and you will do fine! The entire interview I believed to be relatively laid back, and the faculty was super friendly, which won me over! I loved that about this school, they were all so welcoming!

Hi C/O 2018 Applicants,
I am a current CSU P1 student and would be happy to answer any questions you all have. Send me a message and I'll do my best to give you any info I have. Best of luck interviewing!
Regards :)

Hi C/O 2018 Applicants,
I am a current CSU P1 student and would be happy to answer any questions you all have. Send me a message and I'll do my best to give you any info I have. Best of luck interviewing!
Hi C/O 2018 Applicants,

hey there, i interviewed last week and still havent heard anything back yet. how long will it take to find out a decision also if i am waitlisted what are the chances ill get pulled off it.

hey there, i interviewed last week and still havent heard anything back yet. how long will it take to find out a decision also if i am waitlisted what are the chances ill get pulled off it.

I'm sorry but I don't know the stats of how many get pulled off the waitlist. I think that all depends on how many people give up their seats to attend a different school. I believe interviews go into March and they can offer you a spot all the way up until school starts. I know that isn't ideal but have some faith. Are you still interviewing at other schools?

Hi, I just got accepted today after interviewing last week! I was wondering if you had any suggestions on places to live and what to expect for my first year!

Any one from Michigan had an interview on 03/21/2014?

Hi everyone!
Anyone have the upcoming 3/7th interview date?

just interviewed today and it was my first visit. The campus is in need of some serious renovation :( anyone else care what their campus looks like? maybe I shouldn't care so much, it's the program that counts anyway

I have an interview April 11th can someone please describe what the interview process is like and some of the questions they ask

Hi, I just got accepted today after interviewing last week! I was wondering if you had any suggestions on places to live and what to expect for my first year!

A lot of students in my class live near or in the Hyde Park area as there are a lot of students (from U of Chicago), it's close to school (about a 20 min drive), and it is pretty affordable. I live with two other girls from the program and we pay about $650 a month just to give you an idea. We live in a mid-rise MAC building. Take parking into consideration because it can cost quite a bit to park if you live in a high rise (~$200/month).

If Hyde Park is not for you, there is the UIC area or even Lincoln Park. LP is quite a bit more expensive but the area is nicer.

I hope that helps.

This is odd....I haven't seen anything new going on around here ....I just made my decision to go to this school but it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in this school lol.

I'm graduating this coming May from CSU I moving to another State for a new job); . I've a 1 bedroom apt that I want to sublease it from June-August. It is a 15-minutes commute to CSU and 10 minutes commute to Downtown. There is also a bus stop to CSU right outside the building. Many CSU college of pharmacy and IIT students live here.

Ikea Furniture: Fully furnished with queens size bed in the bedroom, couch in living room that folds out into a sleeping bed, coffee table, TV stand, etc.

Futures
Jewel Osco is across the street from the building. New La Fitness coming soon (May).
My current rent for one bedroom is $900 I will rent it for $800 a month.
Price includes Free Cable.
Parking is also included here if you have a vehicle. If you are interested please email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

A lot of students in my class live near or in the Hyde Park area as there are a lot of students (from U of Chicago), it's close to school (about a 20 min drive), and it is pretty affordable. I live with two other girls from the program and we pay about $650 a month just to give you an idea. We live in a mid-rise MAC building. Take parking into consideration because it can cost quite a bit to park if you live in a high rise (~$200/month).

If Hyde Park is not for you, there is the UIC area or even Lincoln Park. LP is quite a bit more expensive but the area is nicer.

I hope that helps.

I'm graduating this coming May from CSU I moving to another State for a new job); . I've a 1 bedroom apt that I want to sublease it from June-August. It is a 15-minutes commute to CSU and 10 minutes commute to Downtown. There is also a bus stop to CSU right outside the building. Many CSU college of pharmacy and IIT students live here.

Ikea Furniture: Fully furnished with queens size bed in the bedroom, couch in living room that folds out into a sleeping bed, coffee table, TV stand, etc.

Futures
Jewel Osco is across the street from the building. New La Fitness coming soon (May).
My current rent for one bedroom is $900 I will rent it for $800 a month.
Price includes Free Cable.
Parking is also included here if you have a vehicle. If you are interested please email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

I was accepted back in beginning of April, interviewed on Dec. 2, and was waitlisted. Have been busy with school so I have not posted anything, has anyone else gotten in?

im still on waitlist since my interview back in january!!