2018 University of MD Baltimore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, for those who have been accepted early decision, when should we start working on housing and the FAFSA? Does anyone have any insight on on-campus housing options at UMB?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a supplemental application? On PharmCAS it shows that there is, but there's no link or anything to click on. I didn't receive any emails about supplementals either.

Google university of Maryland pharmacy supplemental application

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that too but I also have all my application stuff into them. I think it was to everybody

You prob won't hear anything back until February or March for an interview

For the supplemental application, is it favorable to choose "Either Baltimore or Shady Grove Campus" or to pick our preferred campus?

You can pick the either option then rank them

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when they will start sending out interviews for regular admission?

they begin to review applications starting january 3rd i believe right after the holidays. so yeah early january sounds like the first batch of interviews will be sent out!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, for the "PharmCAS Application Completion Date (mm/dd/yyyy)" question on the supplemental, is it the date you submitted you first submitted to PharmCAS or is it the date you submitted to University of Maryland?

I submitted my supplemental application on 11/14 and still haven't hear anything from them either....

man that's pretty late.... Pittsburgh already sent out their interview invitation like last week

Yeah it is somewhat later in the cycle. I have already been accepted to a few schools so I don't know if I will attend just yet.

Hey, for those who have been accepted early decision, when should we start working on housing and the FAFSA? Does anyone have any insight on on-campus housing options at UMB?

Hi! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted for early decision! I'm a current UMB student and happy to try answering any questions you may have.

1) FAFSA - The FAFSA can be filed anytime once it becomes available after January 1st, but UMB's financial aid priority deadline is typically on March 1st. Here's the website for the financial aid calendar; you can keep checking back to see if it has been updated for the 2014-2015 school year: http://www.umaryland.edu/fin/prospective_students/

2) Housing - If you're sure that you're interested in university housing (Fayette Square or Pascault Row), then you should put in an application as soon as possible. By late spring/early summer, the housing office typically starts a waiting list for those housing options. I also applied early decision and able to apply for housing early, which I was really happy about since I was able to avoid the waiting list. But if you are interested in living in any of the non-university housing options (local apartments, rowhouses, etc...), then you can typically wait until spring to start looking for housing. The following website is really helpful to explore those other options: http://www.housing.umaryland.edu/off_campushousing/classified.html

Hope that helps, and let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Reactions: 1 users
I just submitted my pharmcas application to all 3 maryland schools.:happy::happy::happy: (Im submitting this late because I couldnt figure out what to write about for my essay).
I just submitted my supplemental application for UMB too but when I tried to pay the $45 dollar fee, it said the fee would be posted on the 7th, which is technically after their deadline of the 6th.

im kinda worried that i wont be considered at all because the payment will be posted after their deadline. :(:(:(

Anybody get any interview invites?

Reactions: 1 users
Not yet; I'm kinda worried though since I didn't do that great on my pcat today

Maaan im getting worried too, i got into Notre Dame but i would much rather go to Maryland. It said not to call and ask about application status so im in the dark smh.

Maaan im getting worried too, i got into Notre Dame but i would much rather go to Maryland. It said not to call and ask about application status so im in the dark smh.

Ohhhhh...u already got accepted into Notre Dame???....damn ....I need to hurry up and submit my supplemental application for that school

Ohhhhh...u already got accepted into Notre Dame???....damn ....I need to hurry up and submit my supplemental application for that school

yea i got accepted back in november. But yea get on that! lol

Where can i find the supplemental application please?

When they review your initial application, they email you the link for the supplemental application. Make sure to check your spam folder because for some reason thats where most of my pharmacy school emails went.

Did Univ. of MD send an interview invites? I thought today might be the 1st day.

haha I've been waiting for the interview invite ever since november....

they said we might not hear anything until mid jan...which is now...

Hi! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted for early decision! I'm a current UMB student and happy to try answering any questions you may have.

1) FAFSA - The FAFSA can be filed anytime once it becomes available after January 1st, but UMB's financial aid priority deadline is typically on March 1st. Here's the website for the financial aid calendar; you can keep checking back to see if it has been updated for the 2014-2015 school year: http://www.umaryland.edu/fin/prospective_students/

2) Housing - If you're sure that you're interested in university housing (Fayette Square or Pascault Row), then you should put in an application as soon as possible. By late spring/early summer, the housing office typically starts a waiting list for those housing options. I also applied early decision and able to apply for housing early, which I was really happy about since I was able to avoid the waiting list. But if you are interested in living in any of the non-university housing options (local apartments, rowhouses, etc...), then you can typically wait until spring to start looking for housing. The following website is really helpful to explore those other options: http://www.housing.umaryland.edu/off_campushousing/classified.html

Hope that helps, and let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Can I start applying for the UMB housing at Fayette square?
Do you know anything about Greene and Paca style of Fayette square? Any recommendations?
I thought that compared to others, Paca layout style is reasonable for me. But then again, I saw the Paca virtual tour and it does not seemed to have a lot of free space. Since there is no Greene virtual tour to look at, it is difficult to make decision to which one to put as my 1st.

Just got an interview invite this morning! :) anyone else going on February 7th?

Do you guys know if they are handing out more interviews throughout the week? I didn't get mine today :c

got my interview too!!! pushed it back to march 10 though

I received an interview invitation as well! Do you guys know if they accept most of the people they interview? I'm from out of state.

I'm out of state and got an interview for the 25th! :) Good luck to everyone!

Did it come in spam mail? For anyone?

I received an interview invitation as well! Do you guys know if they accept most of the people they interview? I'm from out of state.
I don't have recent stats but according to PSAR 2010, they interviewed 319, accepted 254,160 enrolled. 94 declined the acceptance.

254 acceptance/319 interviews.
You have an 80% chance of acceptance if you get an interview.

I got an interview invite as well! I scheduled for Feb 7 via email, but I have not received a confirmation email yet. Did anyone get a confirmation email for their interview?

I got an interview invite as well! I scheduled for Feb 7 via email, but I have not received a confirmation email yet. Did anyone get a confirmation email for their interview?
I received a confirmation email two days after I called to schedule my interview.