2018 University of MD Baltimore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the People that received interviews, CONGRATS!! Also, When did you submit the Application??

Members don't see this ad.

For the People that received interviews, CONGRATS!! Also, When did you submit the Application??
Thanks. I submitted Pharmcas November 15 and supplemental information and payment on November 19.

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewing this friday the 24th! i'm so nervous! for those of you who had ED interviews, any advice? :)

Both my PharmCAS application and supplemental application were received by the school on 11/25/2013 but I have yet to hear anything from them. I'm starting to stress and really worry. Anyone else in the same situation? Maybe we can help de-stress each other lol.

My PharmCAS application was submitted 9/25/13 and supplemental application was submitted 8/11/13. Still nothing :(

Both my PharmCAS application and supplemental application were received by the school on 11/25/2013 but I have yet to hear anything from them. I'm starting to stress and really worry. Anyone else in the same situation? Maybe we can help de-stress each other lol.

i submitted mine about the same time... but i got mine like last week.... it takes a WHILE

I'm in the same boat. You're not alone!

I called and they had told me that they had sent me a confirmation email even though I never received one...but! the good thing is that my interview for February 7 has been officially confirmed! How were everyone's interview today? Did you have to bring anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who recieved an interview for regular decision. I got accepted early decision back in October. Has anyone started to apply for housing? In addition, any thoughts on on-campus vs off campus housing for P1 students? I was going to check out the on campus housing this week

Last edited:
Hi! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted for early decision! I'm a current UMB student and happy to try answering any questions you may have.

1) FAFSA - The FAFSA can be filed anytime once it becomes available after January 1st, but UMB's financial aid priority deadline is typically on March 1st. Here's the website for the financial aid calendar; you can keep checking back to see if it has been updated for the 2014-2015 school year: http://www.umaryland.edu/fin/prospective_students/

2) Housing - If you're sure that you're interested in university housing (Fayette Square or Pascault Row), then you should put in an application as soon as possible. By late spring/early summer, the housing office typically starts a waiting list for those housing options. I also applied early decision and able to apply for housing early, which I was really happy about since I was able to avoid the waiting list. But if you are interested in living in any of the non-university housing options (local apartments, rowhouses, etc...), then you can typically wait until spring to start looking for housing. The following website is really helpful to explore those other options: http://www.housing.umaryland.edu/off_campushousing/classified.html

Hope that helps, and let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Hey Bumbles thanks for the tips :)

Last edited:
Can I start applying for the UMB housing at Fayette square?
Do you know anything about Greene and Paca style of Fayette square? Any recommendations?
I thought that compared to others, Paca layout style is reasonable for me. But then again, I saw the Paca virtual tour and it does not seemed to have a lot of free space. Since there is no Greene virtual tour to look at, it is difficult to make decision to which one to put as my 1st.

Hey lucky88,

I think you can start applying for housing now. I was going to send in my housing application for Fayette this week. On the housing website they say that they will start placing people after Feb 1st.

Last edited:
Do anyone know if a UMB Pharmacy Class of 2018 facebook or twitter page was made yet?

Last edited:
For the ED guys and others who interviewed last week, what was the whole process like? How long was the actual interview? Did you write? Was the interview very very serious or just getting to know you type of questions? Thanks

For the ED guys and others who interviewed last week, what was the whole process like? How long was the actual interview? Did you write? Was the interview very very serious or just getting to know you type of questions? Thanks
Congrats on getting the interview. You will have a 30 minute interview with 2 students along with a 30 minute interview with a faculty member. Both are very relaxed. The student interview actually had questions, while the faculty member was just freestyle talking and discussion. Just be yourself and personable and you will be great! You also have an essay portion as well as a 50 minute slot for an impromptu group project. Overall it was very relaxed. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey lucky88,

I think you can start applying for housing now. I was going to send in my housing application for Fayette this week. On the housing website they say that they will start placing people after Feb 1st.

Thanks!!!

Hello everyone,

My interview is scheduled for Feb 17th. How long does the interview last?

Congrats on getting the interview. You will have a 30 minute interview with 2 students along with a 30 minute interview with a faculty member. Both are very relaxed. The student interview actually had questions, while the faculty member was just freestyle talking and discussion. Just be yourself and personable and you will be great! You also have an essay portion as well as a 50 minute slot for an impromptu group project. Overall it was very relaxed. Good luck!
Thank you very much!

Congrats to everyone getting interviews!

Last edited:
thanks for the reply. Guess I have to stay in Baltimore one more night....qq
Plenty to do in Baltimore. I live in Towson (north of Baltimore). PM if you need help or advice.

OMG just received my acceptance email !!! this is the best day of my life! :soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! I got accepted too! YAY! Confirmed my campus preference for Baltimore :)

A bRuin? I guess they let anyone in these days. ;)

But, really, congrats! There are a couple alumni from UCLA here, and there are several Cal alumni, as well. Lots of people from California here. Will you be interviewing anywhere else?

Congrats guys. I hope I get in. I really really want to go to UMB. Like I would cry if I don't. :(

which hotel did everyone stay? I am thinking about Mount Vernon hotel but I am not sure yet....

I stayed at Double Tree just because it was close to the airport. It's only $27-30 cab to UMB because it's only 14 minutes depending on traffic.

For those looking to cut costs, try looking into the light rail. It goes from the airport to right by UMB. If I'm not mistaken, it's $1.50 each way. Also, I don't know if this helps, but my undergraduate school's alumni club has partnerships with travel websites. Last year I found a great rate at the Hotel Monaco. Perhaps looking into something like that might be helpful? Best of luck!

Congrats guys. I hope I get in. I really really want to go to UMB. Like I would cry if I don't. :(
Why would you cry? Just go to another school that accepted you.
I interviewed at UMB on the 1st day of interviews and I was not part of the 1st batch of acceptance. I am not crying though. I am looking at my other options if UMB doesn't work out.

Why would you cry? Just go to another school that accepted you.
I interviewed at UMB on the 1st day of interviews and I was not part of the 1st batch of acceptance. I am not crying though. I am looking at my other options if UMB doesn't work out.
Thanks. I'm very anxious about this one though because I really want to go to UMB. Like I'm in love with the school.

I applied to this school back in December with supplementals and fees taken care of. The last e-mail I got was "Supplemental Application Receipt" and have not heard anything since. Usually schools send an e-mail saying that the application is under review, etc. For those of you who received interviews, what was the last thing they said to you??