2018 University of MD Baltimore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied to this school back in December with supplementals and fees taken care of. The last e-mail I got was "Supplemental Application Receipt" and have not heard anything since. Usually schools send an e-mail saying that the application is under review, etc. For those of you who received interviews, what was the last thing they said to you??

Last thing I received from them was 9/25/13 telling me my application was recieved. I just heard back from them 1/29/14 inviting me to an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Last thing I received from them was 9/25/13 telling me my application was recieved. I just heard back from them 1/29/14 inviting me to an interview.

Basically the same timeline for me as well.

Quick question for anyone on here, I applied to UMD as an early decision applicant and did my interview back in October (I was unfortunately deffered but i'm still hopeful!!). However, I opened my email and theres another interview invite in there for some upcoming interview dates… i called the admissions office but was told that it was a coding error basically meaning that I wasn't supposed to get a second invite the lady didn't sound too sure so I just wanted to know if there are any other early decision peeps on here that might be in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything since February 7th. Gosh! This suspense is killing me.

Hey everyone!

I have an interview coming up very soon and just wanted to know what everyone thought about the interview. How should I prepare? Thanks in advance and congratulations to all those who got in. For those waiting, stay strong!

Hey everyone!

I have an interview coming up very soon and just wanted to know what everyone thought about the interview. How should I prepare? Thanks in advance and congratulations to all those who got in. For those waiting, stay strong!
Congratulations on your interview. The interview was a little more intense than the other school I interviewed in but it isn't anything you cannot do. There is a group work, an interview with current students, an interview with a professor and an essay portion. For me, I thought the interview with the students was scarier than the one with the professor. You have an option to go for a tour after the process. Overall, I enjoyed the process and it made me sure that that is the school I would like to go to out of my other choices. Like people have said here, just be yourself and you will do great. Goodluck!!!

Interview tomorrow at 12:30. *fingers crossed*

anyone else going tomorrow?

I interviewed on the 17th and got my acceptance letter on the 27th :) Second time's a charm :rolleyes:

I interviewed on the 17th and got my acceptance letter on the 27th :) Second time's a charm :rolleyes:
Congratulations!!! I might just have to commit to the other school that accepted me while hoping they eventually take me at UMB.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview on Feb 17th and I heard back on Feb 27th. So like ten days after my interview I got a response back from them!

I had my interview on Feb 17th and I heard back on Feb 27th. So like ten days after my interview I got a response back from them!
That's great!! I guess I have to wait till April to know for sure. Do you mind sharing your stats?

My GPA is around 3.4 and my PCAT score was 84 (around 80 for chem and bio sections). Had lots of volunteer works. Some research experience.

Yes just wait till April! I am sure you will hear some good news. :)

My GPA is around 3.4 and my PCAT score was 84 (around 80 for chem and bio sections). Had lots of volunteer works. Some research experience.

Yes just wait till April! I am sure you will hear some good news. :)
My stats are around that range too with slightly lower PCAT composite and slightly higher GPA. Well thanks. i'll keep my fingers crossed :happy:

My stats are around that range too with slightly lower PCAT composite and slightly higher GPA. Well thanks. i'll keep my fingers crossed :happy:

If your stats were good enough to get an interview, I wouldn't worry too much about them.

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview 3/14. Is that too late do you think, like how many open spots are left I wonder?

I have an interview 3/14. Is that too late do you think, like how many open spots are left I wonder?
At our interview they said most decisions are made in April so I wouldn't worry too much.

interviewed today 3/10, was highly impressed with the campus, faculty, and resources they had. fingers crossed!
@sandvault i dont think they do rolling admissions. you'll have the same chances as anyone else

Marlyand does not do rolling admissions. However, some applicants may receive an acceptance email in advance of others. This is due to the frequency (infrequency) of the admissions committee assembling for this purpose. On first glance it would appear rolling-like to an outsider, however it is not. Do not get discouraged until you receive an actual denial of admission.

Has anyone from the February 28th interview found out if they have been accepted yet?

Has anyone who interviewed on 2/17 received acceptance decision very recently?

Congratulations to all the acceptances! Thanks I fell better knowing it's not rolling, however I had my interview Friday and I thought it went good but my group interview project went very poorly so I don'thave my hopes up, even though I loved the school.

Does anyone know anything about housing? What are some of the best options?

Does anyone know anything about housing? What are some of the best options?

Random q. But what were you're gpa/pcat if you don't mind asking? This is my top school. It I do have others if I don't get in....

Random q. But what were you're gpa/pcat if you don't mind asking? This is my top school. It I do have others if I don't get in....
Sure! my gpa was 3.67, pcat 71 comp. (97-chem, 82-bio). I'm sure you'll be fine.I was accepted 5 weeks after my interview and i remember them saying that the bulk of acceptances will be sent out in April. Goodluck!!!!

If anyone is looking to get an off campus place let me know. Thanks!!

Sure! my gpa was 3.67, pcat 71 comp. (97-chem, 82-bio). I'm sure you'll be fine.I was accepted 5 weeks after my interview and i remember them saying that the bulk of acceptances will be sent out in April. Goodluck!!!!

Thanks! My pcat was 80% but my gpa is 3.5 so we'll see. It's all about the wait now! :)

got my offer today! interviewed 3/10/14
gpa: 3.00
pcat: 97 composite

Just accepted too! I also interviewed on 3/10.

Got accepted today too! Interviewed 3/14!!

Reactions: 1 users
anyone interview feb.28th? and have you heard anything?