2018 University of MD Baltimore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FYI for those of us who didn't get an interview invite
I called the school today and was told that today was the last day for interviews
So for those of use who haven't been contacted yet; its time to look elsewhere
:(:(:(:(:dead::grumpy:

Members don't see this ad.

anyone interview feb.28th? and have you heard anything?

i interviewed feb 28th and found out march 14th. another friend of mine interviewed that same day but hasn't found anything out yet. the admissions office will be sending emails out soon now that its april! good luck!!

i interviewed feb 28th and found out march 14th. another friend of mine interviewed that same day but hasn't found anything out yet. the admissions office will be sending emails out soon now that its april! good luck!!

wow! well the waiting continues.. thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
keep waiting, does it mean if you don't receive the rejection letter by now= you will receive acceptance email?

I got wait listed this morning, so I called them up and they told me I was in the top 10th percentile of the list.

I would guess that means I still have an ok chance of being admitted, but I would hope I find out soon before I have to commit to other plans.

Does anyone know how many are on the waitlist and how many get accepted? I think I remember someone saying 6-10 people get off the waitlist, but I'm not sure.

I got accepted to shady grove campus when I think I chose baltimore campus....???

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to shady grove campus when I think I chose baltimore campus....???
When submitting the supplemental application did you choose no preference?

I to was accepted at UMD Baltimore, however I received acceptance at Shady Grove, I called Mrs. Sharp and she told me that all the seats at Baltimore as for this year had filled first (some years the seats at SG fill faster). Because I was considering joining the waitlist for a Baltimore seat she told me that there were already 4 people on the waitlist and your rank on the waitlist was based on how good your application/interview went..... Will probably call back later this week and find out how many people are on the list vs how many people havent paid their deposits yet to make a better decision but for now im thinking I probably just take my SG seat and run with it..... that waitlist business sounds risky...

I to was accepted at UMD Baltimore, however I received acceptance at Shady Grove, I called Mrs. Sharp and she told me that all the seats at Baltimore as for this year had filled first (some years the seats at SG fill faster). Because I was considering joining the waitlist for a Baltimore seat she told me that there were already 4 people on the waitlist and your rank on the waitlist was based on how good your application/interview went..... Will probably call back later this week and find out how many people are on the list vs how many people havent paid their deposits yet to make a better decision but for now im thinking I probably just take my SG seat and run with it..... that waitlist business sounds risky...

What do you mean 4 people? I heard there are about usually 60 people on the waitlist

I was refering the the waitlist for those of us that were accepted to the shady grove campus but want to go be on the baltimore campus, when I called the school last thursday i was informed that 4 people had already forgone their spots at shady grove and joined that waitlist in hopes that a spot will open up on the baltimore campus.

Hey everyone I was accepted a while back and just got email for pre-reqs. I had taken microbio but I guess it was 3 credit and not 4. o_O I was wondering does anyone know whether they're really strict on their pre-reqs? because it seems other schools are a little bit more lenient about them. I called to ask them if they'd take my immuno class as the one credit and they said they'd let me know.

Hey sand vault,

I am in the same situation with pre-reqs. I received my acceptance back in October for early decision and since last fall, I have been taking pre-reqs. For microbio, my class in college was 3 credits, but UMB wants 4 credits total, so I am currently taking a 1 credit microbio lab. I would suggest looking for a college that offers a 1credit lab option. You can probably take it during a summer session. I'm also taking microeconomics and statistics. Done in two weeks!

Hey everyone! I'm currently a P1 at UMB and was wondering if anyone is still looking for a place to stay in Baltimore. They're being very selective on who they add to the facebook group this year. I put my info in the housing googledoc that's on the facebook group though. Two of my roommates were P4s and are moving out. PM me for details if you're interested.

If anyone Is looking for a female apartment-mate to live in Downtown Baltimore feel free to PM me :)