2019: Official thread CWRU School of Dental Medicine c/o 2019

What resources did you use to affirm your interest in applying to Case?

• Facebook page

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Twitter feed

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Google+ page

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Free webchats

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Online mock interview masterclasses

• ADEA Predental Student Virtual Fair booth

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The CWRU SODM website

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • On-campus recruitment visit.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Online recruitment visit to my predental club.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a notification by email this past morning! I am very excited to visit CWRU SODM for an interview!
School: CWRU
Notification date: 9/24/2014
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18
Application complete date: 8/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/OC/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/25/none

Reactions: 1 users
I received a notification by email this past morning! I am very excited to visit CWRU SODM for an interview!

Since you're OOS, check out the dental fraternity. I stayed there for my interview and it was very convenient!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I absolutely loved my interview day at case, enjoy!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, is it too late to apply to CWRU dental school in October?

I had a presentation on it at the start of the cycle though it is not accessible so I am sorry you did not attend that webchat. We do interview throughout the spring.
Thank you so much for the valuable information :)

Any interview impressions?

I just had my interview and I was really impressed. Everyone there was extremely friendly. They have great technology like sim labs for the students. Definitely made me love the school more!

As for the interviews themselves, we each got two interviews, one on one. They were really relaxed and conversational.

Members don't see this ad :)
Very fun interview. I was super impressed.

I just had my interview and I was really impressed. Everyone there was extremely friendly. They have great technology like sim labs for the students. Definitely made me love the school more!

As for the interviews themselves, we each got two interviews, one on one. They were really relaxed and conversational.

I bet. They already have the most informative website out there for a prospective student.

Case western is still my favorite interview I've had. Everyone was so friendly and extremely informative. I feel like I got a really good impression of what the school is like from the tour and talking with my interviewers. And the people interviewing were so nice, it made the day relaxed and fun. :)

Dear Dr. Chuck. Is there any pre December interview spot still open?

Dear Dr. Chuck, would a mid-November letter of recommendation update be a little too late?

Dear Dr. Chuck, would a mid-November letter of recommendation update be a little too late?
We welcome any updates to applicants' files up to January 1, which is our deadline. Please note that interview candidates' updates should be received by early November so that the Committee has this information when making decisions.
I will add that those who are interviewed can update their files until end of interview season in the spring.

Last edited:
This might be a bit off topic but I was researching the website (can't sleep and I'm excited about my interview). I came across the Dean's Welcome page. There's a small typo in the phrase "and opportunities to specialize tin various post-doctoral programs, all delivered by highly skilled faculty and staff." Just letting you known so it can be easily fixed. Looking forward to the interview!

Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if any Canadians have received an interview invitation during this application cycle yet? I submitted my AADSAS in June, and haven't heard any good news from Case yet and I was wondering if it had something to do with being a non-American student.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if any Canadians have received an interview invitation during this application cycle yet? I submitted my AADSAS in June, and haven't heard any good news from Case yet and I was wondering if it had something to do with being a non-American student.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
We have a lot of fantastic applicants that have come across our table. Be patient as we interview through to the spring.

Dear Dr. Chuck

For interviewing candidates, would you prefer an electronic copy of our updated grades/letter of recommendation or should I mail a physical copy to the office of admissions? Thank you.

Dear Dr. Chuck

For interviewing candidates, would you prefer an electronic copy of our updated grades/letter of recommendation or should I mail a physical copy to the office of admissions? Thank you.

For grades, you have to do an academic update through AADSAS when posted on your transcript so you should send official transcripts to AADSAS for sure.

Additional letters of recommendation for interviewed candidates should be sent (at this point) electronically for December 1 notification... as soon as possible. Directly from the evaluator.

Good morning Dr. Chuck! We have 21 days left, just curious to know if CWRU adcom committee has met up yet for decision-making and when do you actually come down to final decisions for December offers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning Dr. Chuck! We have 21 days left, just curious to know if CWRU adcom committee has met up yet for decision-making and when do you actually come down to final decisions for December offers?

Not yet. If you interviewed with us, you'll be contacted soon.

Not yet. If you interviewed with us, you'll be contacted soon.
Sounds good! thank you, Dr. Chuck, for being helpful and staying active on SDN! Hoping to hear good news from Case in 19 days!

Information for interviewed candidates will be emailed sometime tomorrow (11/18) regarding the scheduled webchat/presentation.

Hi Dr. Chuck. I just got the email, clicked on it, and it says "no tickets available". Does this mean that I can't attend?

Hello Dr. Chuck,

I was curious to know if there will be interviews in December and post-December. The reason I ask is because of my late DAT take. I took it over 3 weeks ago and ADA sent it to AADSAS last week. My official scores should be up by this Friday. I had sent my unofficial scores the day following my test date (3 weeks ago). Since I am so late in this cycle, I don't know if my late test scores in the cycle will affect my opportunity to get an interview.

Thank you!

Hello Dr. Chuck,

I was curious to know if there will be interviews in December and post-December. The reason I ask is because of my late DAT take. I took it over 3 weeks ago and ADA sent it to AADSAS last week. My official scores should be up by this Friday. I had sent my unofficial scores the day following my test date (3 weeks ago). Since I am so late in this cycle, I don't know if my late test scores in the cycle will affect my opportunity to get an interview.

Thank you!

The deadline for CWRU is January 1st so there would be interview post-December interviews available.

Information for interviewed candidates will be emailed sometime tomorrow (11/18) regarding the scheduled webchat/presentation.

Hello Dr. Chuck. I did not get an email yesterday about a web chat even though I have already interviewed. Is CWRU still sending out emails later today?

Thanks

Hello Dr. Chuck. I did not get an email yesterday about a web chat even though I have already interviewed. Is CWRU still sending out emails later today?

Thanks
Could you send me a mail through my Case address? I am pretty sure I sent everyone an email, so I want to be sure it didn't get caught in junk mail or otherwise.

Thanks
Just wondering Dr. Chuck, have you finished making round 1 decisions yet? :) one more week to go!

The Facebook page cover picture for admissions has changed indicating that we are finishing up.
I'll check! Thank you for all your help this cycle, Dr. Chuck. You've been great and good luck to everyone waiting for pre-december offers!

Reactions: 1 users
Enjoy our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) that will count down to Decision Day for you beginning around midnight ET November 26.

I also wanted to note that many Facebook groups have been invaded by robot or spam accounts. We ask that you refrain from posting our closed Class of 2019 Facebook link to minimize such attacks.

Last edited:
Anyone have a copy of the chat that went on? For some reason the emails got sent to my spam inbox even though I received the interview email just fine.

Thanks for the updates Dr. Chuck, went through the last two pages and its nice to see that you're still involved with us! Happy Thanksgiving!

This message is for anyone who holds an interview spot after December 1 and will be emailed to everyone affected:

It has been our past experience that many of you will be fortunate to receive offers of acceptance from schools you consider a better match for you. We congratulate you in advance with your decision if you decide to cancel your interview with our program.

If you know that you would likely NOT attend an interview at CWRU SODM if you receive an offer on December 1, I ask that you go ahead and cancel your tickets by November 30 so that we can prepare for our winter interview days accordingly. Our first day is December 3, and we will be printing and distributing files to interviewers on December 1. We do not appreciate no-shows and late notices as we prepare a lot for each interview day, so we are asking those of you who are not committed to interviewing with us to cancel your interview tickets now.

Follow the instructions to cancel your ticket, and DO NOT email or phone the Office of Admissions to cancel your interview. The system is designed for you to do this yourself without us so please allow us to enjoy our Thanksgiving holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.