2019 TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmD_2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get the thread started and wish everyone good luck!

So who's applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Cool. I applied. Are interviews being conducted anytime soon due to them switching to PharmCAS?

Cool. I applied. Are interviews being conducted anytime soon due to them switching to PharmCAS?

Yes, if you applied for 'Early Admission'. Ms. Davis mentioned they were going to start those next month.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that interviews have started for early admission applicants but I'm not sure when they will begin interviews for regular admission.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys. I'm applying to TSU also.

does Pearson not send the PCAT scores to PharmCAS for TSU, i noticed on my account they didnt, anyone else have this issue?

does Pearson not send the PCAT scores to PharmCAS for TSU, i noticed on my account they didnt, anyone else have this issue?
Pearson took about 3-4 weeks to send my scores to PharmCAS so it took some time for mine to show up. If after 3 weeks you are still waiting call Pearson to see if they sent your scores and then check back with PharmCAS.

Interviews have also started.

Last edited:
does anyone know when the Documentation of current volunteer/community service experience (a letter or certificate indicating hours of volunteering or professional club activities) is due? is it dec 1st of january 1st?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when the Documentation of current volunteer/community service experience (a letter or certificate indicating hours of volunteering or professional club activities) is due? is it dec 1st of january 1st?

its due january 12th ... i already received supplemental and that its what it says.. what are ur stats if u dont mind ? and what other schools are u applying too

how about you?

also are you guys providing letters of proof for organizations that you were involved like 6 years ago, or just doing recent, also my professor who i did research with wrote my letter of req, do you think he also needs to write a letter of proof? sorry for the questions just worried about the letters of certificate indicating involvement

how about you?

also are you guys providing letters of proof for organizations that you were involved like 6 years ago, or just doing recent, also my professor who i did research with wrote my letter of req, do you think he also needs to write a letter of proof? sorry for the questions just worried about the letters of
certificate indicating involvement

Yes you have to show proof.. Have to attach it with your pharmacy experience application.. I had to go to the pharmacy i volunteered to collecta letter to prove i volunteered for those hours

Im applying to every pharmacy school in Texas. what about you? I dont think my stats are competitive enough sigh...

You must have been ignored by your parents/teachers/peers as a child growing up. That is the only explanation for your OBVIOUS attempt at attracting attention and awe from the people on this board. You have a 3.89 GPA and 95 composite. Your scores are not only competitive, they probably are strong enough to land you in most schools with interviews being mostly a formality. A quick internet search is enough for anyone to find out what constitutes a strong candidate, and you know you are near the top in that select subset. If you wanted to brag about your stats, you should have been direct about it, instead of trying to weasel your pretentiousness into this thread.

As a current pharmacy student who got accepted with lower stats, I can assure you this pathetic attempt at gaining attention is not needed among our future colleagues.

Get out, troll.

on second note: good luck to all you other applicants

anyone know if we have to use apply texas, when applying to pharmacy school?

You must have been ignored by your parents/teachers/peers as a child growing up. That is the only explanation for your OBVIOUS attempt at attracting attention and awe from the people on this board. You have a 3.89 GPA and 95 composite. Your scores are not only competitive, they probably are strong enough to land you in most schools with interviews being mostly a formality. A quick internet search is enough for anyone to find out what constitutes a strong candidate, and you know you are near the top in that select subset. If you wanted to brag about your stats, you should have been direct about it, instead of trying to weasel your pretentiousness into this thread.

As a current pharmacy student who got accepted with lower stats, I can assure you this pathetic attempt at gaining attention is not needed among our future colleagues.

Get out, troll.

on second note: good luck to all you other applicants

hey what school do u attend ? and what were ur stats? I have a 3.7 gpa but a 20 something pcat score ..applying to tsu too

When was your interview? I had one as well and still waiting/
I had it on 13th november they said that i will know it by thanksgiving havent heard anything yet but still hopeful when was your interview?

Hey guys please i need clarification on something and it's sad i waited until the last minute.I see that the deadline for this school's supplemental is 12/01, what' s the supplemental, i mean how are we suppose to complete, I don't see any link for it on the website so is it like a form we are suppose to complete and send out? I'm a little lost. thanks in advance:(

Hey guys please i need clarification on something and it's sad i waited until the last minute.I see that the deadline for this school's supplemental is 12/01, what' s the supplemental, i mean how are we suppose to complete, I don't see any link for it on the website so is it like a form we are suppose to complete and send out? I'm a little lost. thanks in advance:(

The deadline for the supplemental is january 12th. I submitted my app a while ago and received the supplemental. Its due January 12th. The december 1st is a mistake, so dont panic

The deadline for the supplemental is january 12th. I submitted my app a while ago and received the supplemental. Its due January 12th. The december 1st is a mistake, so dont panic

thank you sooo much babeprecious!!! i was getting so nervous but i'm relieved now :cat:

I had it on 13th november they said that i will know it by thanksgiving havent heard anything yet but still hopeful when was your interview?
ya, mine was on that date too. Maybe something will come in this week.

Do you need apply Texas form with your supplement?

I am in the same boat can't find the supplemental and confused about the apply Texas form.

I am in the same boat can't find the supplemental and confused about the apply Texas form.

The supplemental will be emailed to you from TSU once Pharmcas verifies your G.P.A

im a 32 african american male, pcat 67% gpa 3.1, you guys think thats good chance to get in? i worked as a tech for 5 years

im a 32 african american male, pcat 67% gpa 3.1, you guys think thats good chance to get in? i worked as a tech for 5 years
you have a good chance of getting in, African American or not you stand a good chance!

how about you?

also are you guys providing letters of proof for organizations that you were involved like 6 years ago, or just doing recent, also my professor who i did research with wrote my letter of req, do you think he also needs to write a letter of proof? sorry for the questions just worried about the letters of certificate indicating involvement

I was worried about that as well but after my interview when I sat down with Ms. Davis she didn't say anything. I didn't really have anything for one of the organizations and it didn't affect me. I had my interview November 13 and got an acceptance offer on November 21. I think you should be fine without the letter of proof since he wrote your LOR. I would just write "see LOR" on the supplemental app.

me too, do we use apply texas or not? has anyone asked mrs davis?

I didn't do an apply texas app either. Before my interview I had emailed Ms. Davis about it but she never replied and it hasn't been brought up since.

I was worried about that as well but after my interview when I sat down with Ms. Davis she didn't say anything. I didn't really have anything for one of the organizations and it didn't affect me. I had my interview November 13 and got an acceptance offer on November 21. I think you should be fine without the letter of proof since he wrote your LOR. I would just write "see LOR" on the supplemental app.

Hey when did you submit your app and what are your stats such as gpa, pcat and pharmacy experience.. when did u submit ur app ? thanks

when is the next interview for tsu ? I thought after the early decision interview the next interview is in February, so I am surprised they had an interview in November .. For those that are already accepted, what are ur stats ? and how was the interview ? tips for the interview too ... thanks

i had interview on the same date as well so far i havnt received anything ...worried ..nervous..waiting i want to ask you that how are ur stats (GPA, PCAT)? thanks

i had interview on the same date as well so far i havnt received anything ...worried ..nervous..waiting i want to ask you that how are ur stats (GPA, PCAT)? thanks

I wouldn't worry too much.

just curious...what does your last name start with?

mine is S, I thought maybe they were going alphabetically.....I was told though that they are not done sending out acceptances and more will be sent out soon. I am hopeful we will hear back before Christmas break.

mine is S, I thought maybe they were going alphabetically.....I was told though that they are not done sending out acceptances and more will be sent out soon. I am hopeful we will hear back before Christmas break.
thank you for the information ....hopefully soon .....

how long did they give you to accept the offer?

how long did they give you to accept the offer?
A week to email and say that you accept. They said they would send all of the forms through the mail. After I accepted via email, they sent me a link for a criminal background check and drug test which you pay for on your own ( around 60-70 dollars). I haven't done it yet since I'm not sure if i I want to go to TSU yet. She didn't send me a deadline for it either. I still haven't received the forms.